Zone1 What a connection to the Virgin Mother can do for a person and not do

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022
Catholics are incessantly accused of worshiping Mary.

They do not. At least I have never heard of a case of a Catholic doing that. Praying to someone, having a connection to someone in Heaven is far from "worship." But you know how it goes: The anti-Catholics always, always have to beat up on Catholics and they will use this and anything else to do so.

Well, here is some info from my own experiences, which of course no one can effectively argue with:

I have found that Mary does things for me spiritually that are not easy to put into words. But the main thing I want to say here is that she LEADS us to Jesus in a special way. She does not lead us to HERSELF where she wants us to stay.. No, she leads us to Jesus and she has done that for me in times when I did not feel I even needed to be led to Him.. thought I had already found Him.. and I had but not in a particular WAY.. Again, it is difficult to impossible to find the best words for what I am saying. Maybe I should ask - do ask - posters to read through this twice because if you are anything like me, you get more out of something the 2nd time through.

Anyway.. When I am in the Real (tangible) Presence of Christ.. I do not think about Mary, to speak of. That's obviously bc I am already where she would lead me (and everyone else). In other words, being in the Presence of Christ means you have arrived..

My mother was a virginian. One night her and my dad were on a Suzuki. She was in front learning to ride the thing.Dad rode passenger. It was one of those super quick 2 stroke Japanese jobbies.
THEN. IT happened. Unpainted speed bump at 70 km/hr.
Thereafter they referred to my dad as "the one stroke guy"
I was born 8 months and 27 days after that incident

• Banned
The Virgin Mary is powerful against Satan

As stated b4, in an exorcism, it is when she is invoked through the rosary that the demon goes back to Hell

Catholics are incessantly accused of worshiping Mary.

They do not. At least I have never heard of a case of a Catholic doing that. Praying to someone, having a connection to someone in Heaven is far from "worship."
That's EXACTLY what it is.

Mary is DEAD and buried. Dead means DEAD. She won't live again until the Return.

And yes, you are worshiping this dead woman if you PRAY to her, or anyone but the Father.

That's EXACTLY what it is.

Mary is DEAD and buried. Dead means DEAD.
She won't live again until the Return.

And yes, you are worshiping this dead woman if you PRAY to her, or anyone but the Father.

presumably you are speaking of their physiology that expired and will dissipate into the atmosphere whether buried or not.

being somehow a 1st century exemplar would give pause as to the whereabouts for their spiritual content having survived or not but one thing is certain - no one knows the answer.

which proves as is already known - death angel - is a heretic. and speculation for their spiritual destiny can almost be assured to be less than a desirable one.

all hail mary, 1st century icon and spiritual swinger.

Your experience, and therefore definition, of worship may not be the experience of all. Jesus (when speaking of Abraham) noted that God is the God of the living.

My experiences suggest we are closer to those who have passed on than we possibly aware. And yes, to the point that they can sometimes help us and we can sometimes help them. This assistance has no more to do with worship than speaking to or assisting someone here in this life is worship of them.

When we look in the Bible we find that prayer is directed to God alone. To set up a person as a recipient for our prayers, no matter how great they are is making them out to be deity. Asking a saint to help and guide or protect is something only God can do. As someone once put it, why go to the branch office when you can go to the president. There is not one example of a Christian addressing prayers to Mary or saints, or those who are dead passing from our world. There is much to be said of those who practice Spiritism that use this method. Catholic defenders suggest that Mary is not part of “the dead”, since she's spiritually alive in Heaven. The passages in Deuteronomy 18 and Isaiah 8 are referring to the physically dead, not the spiritually dead. There are hundreds of prayers and passages about prayer in scripture, and none of them instruct prayers to the dead. The scriptures forbid attempting to contact the dead, yet the Catholic Church teaches people to do it.

The most often used way to pray is by the rosary, which is a series of prayers said that are counted on a string of beads (groups of ten small beads separated by one large one, there are five sets of decades) All the prayers said to both Mary and the Father are said with no distinction. There is one “our father” with ten “hail Mary’s” said over and over, it ends with trust in Mary’s intercession. Clearly the emphasis is on Mary.

The Bible says in Eph.2:18, “for through him we both have access by one spirit to the father.” Jesus taught us to pray and it was to be directed to the Father although on occasional instances it was directed to the Lord as a witness to others around, i.e. Stephen when he was stoned. All prayer is directed to God-false prayer is directed to false gods or people.

Heb.7:25 he is our high priest who lives to make intercession. If God is praying for us is this not sufficient. Why go To a middle man (or woman who God has not instructed to go to) when we have God himself.

When we look in the Bible we find that prayer is directed to God alone. To set up a person as a recipient for our prayers, no matter how great they are is making them out to be deity. Asking a saint to help and guide or protect is something only God can do. As someone once put it, why go to the branch office when you can go to the president. There is not one example of a Christian addressing prayers to Mary or saints, or those who are dead passing from our world. There is much to be said of those who practice Spiritism that use this method. Catholic defenders suggest that Mary is not part of “the dead”, since she's spiritually alive in Heaven. The passages in Deuteronomy 18 and Isaiah 8 are referring to the physically dead, not the spiritually dead. There are hundreds of prayers and passages about prayer in scripture, and none of them instruct prayers to the dead. The scriptures forbid attempting to contact the dead, yet the Catholic Church teaches people to do it.

The most often used way to pray is by the rosary, which is a series of prayers said that are counted on a string of beads (groups of ten small beads separated by one large one, there are five sets of decades) All the prayers said to both Mary and the Father are said with no distinction. There is one “our father” with ten “hail Mary’s” said over and over, it ends with trust in Mary’s intercession. Clearly the emphasis is on Mary.

The Bible says in Eph.2:18, “for through him we both have access by one spirit to the father.” Jesus taught us to pray and it was to be directed to the Father although on occasional instances it was directed to the Lord as a witness to others around, i.e. Stephen when he was stoned. All prayer is directed to God-false prayer is directed to false gods or people.

Heb.7:25 he is our high priest who lives to make intercession. If God is praying for us is this not sufficient. Why go To a middle man (or woman who God has not instructed to go to) when we have God himself.

that's because that book was written by the crucifiers in the 4th century as the state religion of the roman empire, for the purpose of servitude - not the true events of liberation theology, self determination those people in the 1st century were willing to die for.

in truth there is no prohibition against praying to whatever or whoever an individual cares to pray to - keeping in mind the false, moses 10 commandments are also forgeries written for the same purpose of servitude as those that wrote and included them in the c-bible.

Mary is very powerful against Satan

that's about all anyone needs to know, eh?

Mary is very powerful against Satan

that's about all anyone needs to know, eh?
Mary is DEAD -- awaiting the promise of the resurrection of the dead at Jesus' return, just like all who have died in the faith

You do. Man is not supposed to pray to other PEOPLE. You are to go through Jesus Christ to the Father.
Where does it say that in the Bible?

If we don't need any intercessor between us and God, why do you protestants ask someone to pray for you--and a mere human on Earth at that?

You need to stop doing that or you are guilty of the same thing you accuse Catholics of

Mary is DEAD -- awaiting the promise of the resurrection of the dead at Jesus' return, just like all who have died in the faith
Mary is in Heaven. It's simple math:

If you talk to someone in Heaven, you are somewhat there yourself. If you never do, you never are

I really do wish prods would get their FACTS right.

"Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death AMEN!!!"

Maybe she will; maybe she won't. No harm in asking!!!

Greg

Forum List

Back