What a 15x12 bathroom looks like after 3 days on a demolition hammer

I'm getting ready to swing my demolition hammer on a bathroom in one of my rentals. It's going to be a nasty job.
Goto harbor freight and by an electric demo hammer. Work smart not hard
I don't want to bring down the whole house, cause it ain't insured. It's an old brick home with Plaster on Wood Lath. I learned to keep the Wood Lath on the walls & re-plaster it when I can because it's difficult for Tenants to destroy & it don't get moldy.

I wish we could get PURPLE Hi-Impact XP wall board here in Missouri. I got some cheap at Lowes in Florida & used it everywhere. That is Tuff Ass Drywall that won't mold even in Florida where mold grows everywhere even inside vehicles.
I absolutely hate ripping out old plaster walls then trying to build out to tie the new walls into the old. In fact I just dislike working on houses that old in general. Wood is hard to work with and never on 16 inch centers. That and the plumbing & electrical is always a mess.

I'm getting ready to swing my demolition hammer on a bathroom in one of my rentals. It's going to be a nasty job.
Goto harbor freight and by an electric demo hammer. Work smart not hard
I don't want to bring down the whole house, cause it ain't insured. It's an old brick home with Plaster on Wood Lath. I learned to keep the Wood Lath on the walls & re-plaster it when I can because it's difficult for Tenants to destroy & it don't get moldy.

I wish we could get PURPLE Hi-Impact XP wall board here in Missouri. I got some cheap at Lowes in Florida & used it everywhere. That is Tuff Ass Drywall that won't mold even in Florida where mold grows everywhere even inside vehicles.
I absolutely hate ripping out old plaster walls then trying to build out to tie the new walls into the old. In fact I just dislike working on houses that old in general. Wood is hard to work with and never on 16 inch centers. That and the plumbing & electrical is always a mess.
Yes it's a mess! I always re-plumb & electric the walls I work on so I don't have to come back & re-do anything. I rigidly mount shower valves, head & tub spigots so the apes that hang on them can't rip them off.

I've been using plaster weld & tuff STRUCTO Wall Plaster over lath & bricks so they can't knock holes in it or pull out outlet boxes.

I stopped renting to people with kids unless the parents bring them & they are super well behaved & obedient. One hyper little ADHD shit stain can demolish a house in a month. Actually as high as house prices are, I should sell them all & do something else!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back