Western Wall

ForeverYoung436

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2009
Reform and Conservative Jews were given their own section at the Western Wall this week. Do y'all approve of this?
And since we're on the subject of holy sites, how can we guarantee the security of this Wall, as well as the Tombs of Abraham, Rachel, and Joseph amidst a vicious Palestinian environment, in a possible PA state? These are, after all, our fathers and mothers. Would you allow the desecration of your own parents' graves?

I don't approve because Reformed and Conservatives don't pray on a consistent basis and are simply trying to make a point.
On the other hand, Israel is a secular nation because not enough Orthodox Jews have the gumption to move there; myself included.

To Abraham and Keturah were born six sons: Zimran, Jokshan, Medan, Midian, Ishbak, and Shuah.
We also need to count Ishmael. (according to the OT)

Which line are you from?

To Abraham and Keturah were born six sons: Zimran, Jokshan, Medan, Midian, Ishbak, and Shuah.

Which line are you from?
OMG! Read the verses for yourself before making a fool of yourself.
Oh! Too late.

Reform and Conservative Jews were given their own section at the Western Wall this week. Do y'all approve of this?
And since we're on the subject of holy sites, how can we guarantee the security of this Wall, as well as the Tombs of Abraham, Rachel, and Joseph amidst a vicious Palestinian environment, in a possible PA state? These are, after all, our fathers and mothers. Would you allow the desecration of your own parents' graves?

men and women can pray together not isolated to a small section at the end

men and women can pray together not isolated to a small section at the end
Good pick up spot.

Which line are you from?

I am from the line of Isaac. Ishmael, who is called a wild ass, is the father of the Arabs. He was disowned by Abraham, at Hashem's command.. There are some Rabbis who consider Keturah's children to be step-children of Abraham, since he was already old when he married her (Genesis 25, 1-6). They were also disowned, in any case.

In the early Christian churches women sat on their own side. In the bible only men were allowed in synagogues, the Paul came and let women in , but they were not allowed to open their mouths.

I think the orthodox Jews are like some Muslims, can't see or touch a women without lusting after them.

In the early Christian churches women sat on their own side. In the bible only men were allowed in synagogues, the Paul came and let women in , but they were not allowed to open their mouths.

I think the orthodox Jews are like some Muslims, can't see or touch a women without lusting after them.
Holy shit! You dont even know TNT!
Women allowed in Church?
There's a whole chapter in one of the Epistles written by Paul that absolutely forbids women leaving the home.

Which line are you from?

I am from the line of Isaac. Ishmael, who is called a wild ass, is the father of the Arabs. He was disowned by Abraham, at Hashem's command.. There are some Rabbis who consider Keturah's children to be step-children of Abraham, since he was already old when he married her (Genesis 25, 1-6). They were also disowned, in any case.

Yes when you can show me your gemology which must go back over 50 generations I just might believe you.

So according to todays laws , Abraham would of had to pay child support for those sons of his, but apparently to you, they aren't his kids, Keturah must of got impregnated by God. They can't be disowned.

Women allowed in Church?
There's a whole chapter in one of the Epistles written by Paul that absolutely forbids women leaving the home.

1 Corinthians 14:34-35New American Bible (Revised Edition) (NABRE)

34 women should keep silent in the churches, for they are not allowed to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says.35 But if they want to learn anything, they should ask their husbands at home. For it is improper for a woman to speak in the church.

Women allowed in Church?

34 women should keep silent in the churches, for they are not allowed to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says.35 But if they want to learn anything, they should ask their husbands at home. For it is improper for a woman to speak in the church.

I see Paul switched his tune along the way.
I presume you obey these verses.

Women allowed in Church?

I see Paul switched his tune along the way.
I presume you obey these verses.

Hey at one time I use to wear a veil on my head to church. I would never talk in church, in a RCC you sneeze quietly. All you hear is the pews going up for Holy Communion. No talking, and that goes for MEN as well.

Which line are you from?

Yes when you can show me your gemology which must go back over 50 generations I just might believe you.

So according to todays laws , Abraham would of had to pay child support for those sons of his, but apparently to you, they aren't his kids, Keturah must of got impregnated by God. They can't be disowned.

Abraham was a grief-stricken widower when he married Keturah, a widow with six children. He adopted her kids, hoping to blend their families together. However, when he realized that her kids were deliquent idol-worshippers (like Ishmael had been), he disowned all of them, and he made Isaac his only successor.

Which line are you from?

Abraham was a grief-stricken widower when he married Keturah, a widow with six children. He adopted her kids, hoping to blend their families together. However, when he realized that her kids were deliquent idol-worshippers (like Ishmael had been), he disowned all of them, and he made Isaac his only successor.

Where does it say he adopted her boys in the OT? I do not remember that little issue. (side note here, the Hebrews loved idol worship as well, EZE)

Personally Abraham was a rich man, and like most men he probably felt bad when the wife who gave him one son when he was what 100 died, but good he got some reason when he took Isaac up the hill, and his brain snapped and said what am I doing, but according to historical writings, I read that when things were going bad they did sacrifice a child, and Abraham saw the lamb and said maybe God will be happy with lamb. I am not at all impressed how he sent Ishmael and Hagar away, Sarah was a spiteful witch.

Last edited:

They didn't really solved the problem as we think. The compromise was to give a new "department" for "The Women of The Wall" where they can pray with men and put on Tfillin and so on. But the feminists want "all or nothing" and the religious are disgusted by the idea, so, as I heard someone saying- "A compromise is a solution both sides are unhappy with".

I heard the Women of the Wall are now calling for all females to put on Tfillin in public at the Kotel. Personally, I think it's bullshit. If it was really about freedom of religion they wouldn't have done it so provocatively. The Rabbis long ago said that the Kotel is like a synagogue. You won't disturb men or women like you won't enter a mosque with shoes on. It's disrespectful.

And if they want so much to be like men, they could all start with circumcision. Oh, that no?

Reminds me of this, lol

Which line are you from?

25 Abraham married another wife, named Keturah. 2 The children she bore him were Zimran, Jokshan, Medan, Midian, Ishbak, and Shuah. 3 Jokshan became the father of Sheba and Dedan. Dedan’s sons were Asshurim, Letushim, and Leummim. 4 Midian’s sons were Ephah, Epher, Enoch, Abida, and Eldaah. All of these were Keturah’s sons. 5 Abraham gave everything he owned to Isaac. 6 To the sons of Abraham’s secondary wives, Abraham gave gifts and, while he was still living, sent them away from his son Isaac to land in the east.

don't people read the bible any more?

Forum List

Back