West World.....

Deadwood holds the record for most times cocksucker used in a sentence, most times cocksucker used in a scene, most times cocksucker used in and episode and a series. It also holds the record for most creative use of the word cocksucker.
An early review of the Deadwood TV series explained there actually is a Deadwood, South Dakota, and that the prolific use of profanity throughout the production, along with several other representations of life in that town during the mid-1800s, is historically authentic. With the presumable exception of clergy and the more refined members of society, the ordinary folks actually did talk that way. (The cocksuckers!)

Last edited:
I think of the looping as kinda like our every day routines. I guess you could say I never really focus too hard on a lot of the details if they don't seem to be important- the looping thing seems to be kind of background information- the real story is in the things that are changing, all because of the fact that the hosts are now able to remember pieces of their past "lives". Some of the hosts are now killing each other outside of the script. This also plays out with Dolores- first, she killed a fly, something which other hosts were starting to have conniptions about not being able to do. Now she actually managed to pull the trigger of a gun and kill a fellow host. But to me, the most important developments are the interactions between androids and humans where the humans are becoming emotionally attached to the androids. Bernard seems to be forming a pretty strong attachment to Dolores, for instance, and is clearly breaking company rules to do so. It's already having large effects, such as his essentially giving her a gun to defend herself with. I also have high hopes for the interaction between Dolores and William as well.
Your ability (and willingness) to focus on and interpret such dream-like meanderings implies an innate aptitude for psychoanalytic practice, which I sincerely envy. As for me, I cannot get past the requisite notion that robot technology has reached such an advanced stage. So the most basic premise of WestWorld stops right there and leaves me stranded, annoyed and bored.

I think of the looping as kinda like our every day routines. I guess you could say I never really focus too hard on a lot of the details if they don't seem to be important- the looping thing seems to be kind of background information- the real story is in the things that are changing, all because of the fact that the hosts are now able to remember pieces of their past "lives". Some of the hosts are now killing each other outside of the script. This also plays out with Dolores- first, she killed a fly, something which other hosts were starting to have conniptions about not being able to do. Now she actually managed to pull the trigger of a gun and kill a fellow host. But to me, the most important developments are the interactions between androids and humans where the humans are becoming emotionally attached to the androids. Bernard seems to be forming a pretty strong attachment to Dolores, for instance, and is clearly breaking company rules to do so. It's already having large effects, such as his essentially giving her a gun to defend herself with. I also have high hopes for the interaction between Dolores and William as well.
Your ability (and willingness) to focus on and interpret such dream-like meanderings implies an innate aptitude for psychoanalytic practice, which I sincerely envy.

Thanks :). I actually love theorizing over the meaning of dreams too.

As for me, I cannot get past the requisite notion that robot technology has reached such an advanced stage. So the most basic premise of WestWorld stops right there and leaves me stranded, annoyed and bored.

Ah, I see. I agree, the robots/androids are light years ahead of current technology, if I focused on that, I can see myself feeling the same way you do about it.

The episode this week......boring.....

The problem...we know the mystery that the robots are facing...there is no mystery for us.....so it isn't interesting...in other shows where there is a mystery to solve the audience is clueless about it too......the robots don't know what is going on but they are getting an idea.....sadly, we know what it is and that no matter what, it isn't like they are going to go off and escape and live a happy life....

The problem...we know the mystery that the robots are facing...there is no mystery for us.....so it isn't interesting...in other shows where there is a mystery to solve the audience is clueless about it too......the robots don't know what is going on but they are getting an idea.....sadly, we know what it is and that no matter what, it isn't like they are going to go off and escape and live a happy life....
The entire premise of this ridiculous, monotonous farce is utterly absurd. It is an exaggeratedly complicated Frankenstein/Wolf-Man equivalent which, in my opinion, isn't worth the effort of trying to keep up with who-is-who and why-is-what.

With such eminently superb series as The Sopranos, Rome, Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire, Band of Brothers and others to look back on it is clear (at least to me) that HBO has wasted a lot of money on this nonsensical comic-book junk.

I should mention what I regard as the greatest television series of them all, Downton Abbey, which I left out of the above list because it was a PBS product.

Last edited:

I agree
The initial setup for the series seemed interesting

But I find nothing to make me say...I can't wait to tune in next week and see what happens
It is more like.....If I tune in next week, maybe something will happen

I agree

But I find nothing to make me say...I can't wait to tune in next week and see what happens

Exactly.

I just went back and watched the saloon Robbery again...that was a really good sequence.....sadly, the rest of the show hasn't lived up to it...

Maybe if they concentrated more on the various guests and their stories...before coming to the park or something.....I don't know, I don't think you can save the show....

Confusing. Slow. Absurd. Boring. Nonsensical. Pointless.

Tonight is the third episode. If something doesn't happen to make it even somewhat worth watching I'll cross it off my list.

Compared to such masterpieces as Deadwood, Breaking Bad, Rome and Boardwalk Empire, this WestWorld is a ridiculous waste of time.

You think nothing is happening -.-? I was hooked by episode 2, and episode 3 is even better in my view. I'm also in love with Evan Rachel Wood, an actress I hadn't even known before this show. That being said, I have heard some really good things about Deadwood, and it's also essentially a western, think I may check it out.

Deadwood is a masterpiece. Takes a little time to get used to the manner of speech used in the dialogue, but once you do the show is incredibly addictive. Be prepared to be tired at work after staying up late unable to stopwatching.

rightwinger San Francisco cocksucker.

I agree

Exactly.

I just went back and watched the saloon Robbery again...that was a really good sequence.....sadly, the rest of the show hasn't lived up to it...

Maybe if they concentrated more on the various guests and their stories...before coming to the park or something.....I don't know, I don't think you can save the show....

I thought of it as a possible "Fantasy Island" type series where they bring new guests in every week and we see how West World changes them for the good or bad

But it seems to be a journey to nowhere. More mood than substance

I agree

Exactly.

I thought of it as a possible "Fantasy Island" type series where they bring new guests in every week and we see how West World changes them for the good or bad

Again....right on point...that is what it should have been.....

The entire premise of this ridiculous, monotonous farce is utterly absurd. It is an exaggeratedly complicated Frankenstein/Wolf-Man equivalent which, in my opinion, isn't worth the effort of trying to keep up with who-is-who and why-is-what.

With such eminently superb series as The Sopranos, Rome, Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire, Band of Brothers and others to look back on it is clear (at least to me) that HBO has wasted a lot of money on this nonsensical comic-book junk.

I should mention what I regard as the greatest television series of them all, Downton Abbey, which I left out of the above list because it was a PBS product.

From the cheap directorial tricks (the guest shot by a host then gets up fine because I guess it was a rubber bullet?), the unrealistic dialogue, the not-believable premise, the purposeful vagueness of the main plot, the lack of sublety (white hats and black hats depending on if a guest is good or evil), this is a show for the lowest common denominator.

HBO, AMC, PBS, Netflix, Amazon, FX, Showtime, USA, and even Cinemax have and are doing better shows than this summer blockbuster bubble gum gobbledy gook.

In shows like The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire or Game of Thrones your favorite characters get killed off and you are shocked/outraged

In West World they just patch them up and send them back out

I agree

Exactly.

Again....right on point...that is what it should have been.....

The stories should have concentrated on the guests and their experiences with the robots slowly becoming self aware as a backstory

I've gotten to the point where I am screaming...OK...I got it....can we move on with the story?

I also saw a parallel with the old Fantasy Island - main characters remain but a new group of "stars" show up each week.

My take on this is basically that the programmers are adding human-like "emotions" to the Hosts to make them more entertaining to the Guests, but as an unexpected result, the Hosts begin to act like sentient beings, with their own agenda.

Also, a lot of parallels with Lost - story is going nowhere fast, but makes interesting viewing nonetheless.

Aside: I presume it is possible to fcuk the Hosts, eh? Wouldn't mind getting to Know that one little slut in the bar. I find her quite inspiring.

BTW, according to my understanding the cult members, with their knives, axes, clubs, and whatnot are Hosts gone awry. They are out of control, and could indeed harm some of the Guests. This is a significant part of the story line.

If I'm right.

the show has to go over and over the narratives to review the small changes....good premise hard to execute

I'm loving it. I'm currently deeply involved in a thread that discusses the 4th episode in another forum (I just found out about the forum, which is why I didn't participate in the discussions of the first 3 episodes), I go by the same name over there as here...
S01.E04: Dissonance Theory

I also just made a thread dedicated to discussing facts and theories on the maze there too...
The Maze - Facts and Theories

I agree

Exactly.

Pffft. It's state of the art :). The maze is currently captivating me, multiple threads are heading towards it now. Currently listening to a short musical piece from the series...

New Topics

Forum List

Back