Were Most Of America's Founding Fathers - Christians

Status
Not open for further replies.
The letter I posted was posted before Trump became president or was running for president. Certainly when I posted I was all for Cruz and Trump did not come to mind at all.
NFBW: I am not interested in who you liked in 2014. I was establishing that anti-Christian Jefferson would be absolutely aghast at the Trump Christian’s of today who are undermining freedom of conscience when they sieze the power to do so. END2210021455

NFBW: I am not interested in who you liked in 2014. I was establishing that anti-Christian Jefferson would be absolutely aghast at the Trump Christian’s of today who are undermining freedom of conscience when they sieze the power to do so. END2210021455
by quoting my quote? anti christian jefferson? you have not established that

jefferson today, would condemn the Democrat part

I came across a couple of Youtube clips not long ago that were truly enlightening (for me at least). Like most products of the Public School (fool?) System I was kept in the dark concerning the USA's Christian roots. If we (young, impressionable students) were told anything we were told that Jefferson and Franklin were deists but not Christians.

I've come to find out that the two least Christian founders were still sympathetic to and allied with the many devout Christians who helped create the great nation of the United States of America and signed her important, founding documents.

Anyway, please watch these very short videos and let everyone know what you think.

[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]YwvkcXBNm3Q[/MEDIA] Huckabee David Barton Founders of the Constitution 080109.flv - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]jzGdHZDXxKI[/MEDIA]. Capitol Tour with David Barton.flv - YouTube[/ame]
Does it matter when our Constitution says every religion can be practiced?

Do you worship God?

I DONT. So you say America was not founded for me?
who are you, I dont know who you are, why dont you explain, are you liberal, believe in marxism? dont put words in my mouth posed as a question

tell me more about you and your beliefs, I can not answer your question while knowing nothing about you, can i

NFBW: Here is the quote you pulled from the very end of the powerfully anti/Christian letter.

ELEKTRA140501-#129 “Why does Thomas Jefferson, state, "So much for your quotation of Calvin's `mon dieu! jusqu'a quand' in which, when addressed to the God of Jesus, and our God, I join you cordially, and await his time and will with more readiness than reluctance."​

Are you asking If Jefferson is a typical sin and salvation Christian like our beloved Trump Christians of today because it appears in the paragraph above that Jefferson is telling Adams that he is waiting for Jesus and will be more ready than reluctant? END22101423
where is my comment? this was posted in response to what?

Trump Christians? Why dont we just discuss Trump and what your problem with Trump is, or we can talk about your problem with Christians

Up until Obama decided to rid us of our foundation, we displayed the 10 commandments across the country to show our devotion to God as a nation...

Obama stopped it? Obama was elected in 2008. Roy Moore put the 10 Commandments monument in the Alabama State Supreme Courthouse lobby in 2001. And it was removed in August of 2003.

Up until Obama decided to rid us of our foundation, we displayed the 10 commandments across the country to show our devotion to God as a nation...

The 10 Commandments were removed from courthouses and courtrooms all over the country. And well they should have been. Courts must be impartial. The 10 Commandments has no business being displayed there.

The 10 Commandments were removed from courthouses and courtrooms all over the country. And well they should have been. Courts must be impartial. The 10 Commandments has no business being displayed there.
What is biased about the Ten Commandments?

elektra
where is my comment? this was posted in response to what?
NFBW: You were responding to these two Jefferson quotes:

Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity. -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782​
And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerve in the brain of Jupiter. But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this most venerated reformer of human errors. -Thomas Jefferson, Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 :eusa_pray:
Jefferson was ripping a new asshole in a nice way for the existing sin and salvation believers of Church Christianity to the 2nd President and you wonder why Jefferson said this after he wrote that.

ELEKTRA140501-#129 “Why does Thomas Jefferson, state, "So much for your quotation of Calvin's `mon dieu! jusqu'a quand' in which, when addressed to the God of Jesus, and our God, I join you cordially, and await his time and will with more readiness than reluctance."

NFBW: Do you believe Jefferson and Adam’s are Christians in any way? Do you consider them to be founding fathers of this great nation of ours where I can live absolutely free from all religion and object to Trump Christian’s who have absolutely no respect for the freedom of religion that Jefferson Adam’s and especially Madison envisioned for us. END2210021809

Last edited:
elektra

NFBW: You were responding to these two Jefferson quotes:

Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity. -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782​
And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerve in the brain of Jupiter. But may we hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this most venerated reformer of human errors. -Thomas Jefferson, Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 :eusa_pray:
Jefferson was ripping a new asshole in a nice way for the existing sin and salvation believers of Church Christianity to the 2nd President and you wonder why Jefferson said this after he wrote that.

ELEKTRA140501-#129 “Why does Thomas Jefferson, state, "So much for your quotation of Calvin's `mon dieu! jusqu'a quand' in which, when addressed to the God of Jesus, and our God, I join you cordially, and await his time and will with more readiness than reluctance."

NFBW: Do you believe Jefferson and Adam’s are Christians in any way? Do you consider them to be founding fathers of this great nation of ours where I can live absolutely free from all religion and object to Trump Christian’s who have absolutely no respect for the freedom of religion that Jefferson Adam’s and especially Madison envisioned for us. END2210021809

You have not established that there is such a group called Trump's Christians. You have not shown that any Christian has no respect for the freedom of religion. You have not defined anything or stated what jefferson, adams, or madison envisioned.

I was responding to two quotes? Why dont you get to your point, say what you mean, and quite playing games with a comment that is 8 years old.

Start a thread, based on whatever premise you think you are addressing. Inserting Trump into stuff unrelated to Trump, is simply a bit... on your part

So elektra do you believe in and/or support the artificial scaffolding of the militant white half of American Catholicism and white Trump Republican evangelical Protestant nationalism that Jefferson and Adams hoped would die out but hasn’t yet.? END2210010232
why did you set up this false premise,

Trump the Republican? No, not really, how long did Trump belong to the Republican party, a few minutes before he ran? Your idea that Trump is a Republican is really naive.

Evangelical Protestant as opposed to protestant that are not evangelical? Is that not redundant? For what purpose? And how do you connect that to Trump or his supporters?

Nationalism? How so, explain.

And this is what Jefferson and Adams hoped would die out, cause this was what was happening in their time and that is why they led a revolution?

Militant Catholics?

White Trump?

You are bigoted, stereotyping, trolling ancient comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back