We’re All Brainwashed

This guy on tv was explaining why everyone is so angry. The media and sites like Facebook learned years Ago that negative sells. Take usmb for example. Do an active topic search. All we are doing is arguing. Guns, gays, god, global warming, war, pandemic, elections, racism.

A lot fewer discussions going on about fitness, vacations, pets, babies, love.

Im going to try and be a better person. Wish me luck.

One thing I need to do is stop looking at active topics. Its All negative . And it sucks me in. So instead I’ll go to sports, science, tv or specific threads not politics,
Whose brain does not need washed, you dirty little thing you!

But yea, Biden is still a terrible President. Maybe come back when there is a Republican to beat up on.

My friends ask me why I come to a place like this. Why do I get into it with guys like unkotare or la ram fan? I must get something out of it. But just because you get something out of it, like a great buzz from cocaine, it’s still negative and not worth it.

All of us obviously like arguing the wedge issues. So the “media” pushes those issues and we all bite.

Im going to go walk my dog later. Go see a girl tonight. Tomorrow dog park friends getting together at a metro park.

Hunting season starts October 1st.

I‘m getting back into guitar. Took 7 years off.

Perhaps the wake up for me was when i remembered I knew how to play the song creep. Lol. I’m a creep. I’m a weirdo. What the hell am I doing here? I don’t belong here.
who are some of your favorite guitar players?....

My friends ask me why I come to a place like this. Why do I get into it with guys like unkotare or la ram fan? I must get something out of it. But just because you get something out of it, like a great buzz from cocaine, it’s still negative and not worth it.

All of us obviously like arguing the wedge issues. So the “media” pushes those issues and we all bite.

Im going to go walk my dog later. Go see a girl tonight. Tomorrow dog park friends getting together at a metro park.

Hunting season starts October 1st.

I‘m getting back into guitar. Took 7 years off.

Perhaps the wake up for me was when i remembered I knew how to play the song creep. Lol. I’m a creep. I’m a weirdo. What the hell am I doing here? I don’t belong here.
Sounds like a plan. I've already flown one flight from Sky Harbor to Piedras Negras International and now Flying out of Piedras Negras International to Blyth. After that, going to a sporting goods raffle being held by the local fire department. Enjoy

sealybobo ... I agree...told someone else the same recently.

More Garage and Food...less Politics...

Shame it only took us a thirteen years to figure this out. :redface:

who are some of your favorite guitar players?....
I can’t tell who is the best. I like Eddie Van Halen of course and Prince was amazing but I’m more interested in the best singer songwriter guitar players like james Taylor and Crosby stills and Nash. I was listening to America live tohe other day and was blown away.

To be able to sing, play and write your own songs is rare. Coldplay was on Howard stern this week. Chris Martin is one of those guys.

My first low end but decent guitar was a Estabon. Plays Spanish guitar. I wish I could play like that more than shredding an electric guitar.

This guy on tv was explaining why everyone is so angry. The media and sites like Facebook learned years Ago that negative sells. Take usmb for example. Do an active topic search. All we are doing is arguing. Guns, gays, god, global warming, war, pandemic, elections, racism.

A lot fewer discussions going on about fitness, vacations, pets, babies, love.

Im going to try and be a better person. Wish me luck.

One thing I need to do is stop looking at active topics. Its All negative . And it sucks me in. So instead I’ll go to sports, science, tv or specific threads not politics,
People are hard wired by evolution to focus on the negative because that is where the threat to safety and survival always used to be.

We have not got rid of that because society advanced far too fast for our behaviors to change to suit our new man made jungles

People are hard wired by evolution to focus on the negative because that is where the threat to safety and survival always used to be.

We have not got rid of that because society advanced far too fast for our behaviors to change to suit our new man made jungles
I’m doing well avoiding it. I’m not responding to people who reply negatively or I respond with kindness and respect, and empathy.

you said it bo.....why cant this crowd be more like me and you?....
It took me awhile but I finally realized I too am being controlled by the media. We wake up in the morning and the news or someone on USMB tells me what to be mad about today. I had HLN on for a second this morning. Today I'm supposed to be mad about the debt limit. I wonder what I'll be mad about tomorrow? I can't wait for the news to tell me.

Instead I'll focus on what's important. The Lion's suck! LOL. Or my boy Matthew Stafford beat Tom Brady last night. That was cool. I actually hope he wins a superbowl although the better he does, the worse that trade with the Rams will end up being. So we made a deal where if he did good we wouldn't get a very good draft pick from them and if he did bad we would get a better deal. Well of course he's killing it. LOL.

Us dog park friends got together yesterday at a Metropark. Beautiful day. Couldn't be better. This one guy was constantly bitching. His wife kept rolling her eyes.

This woman that was there had surgery on her butt. When posing for a picture with the dogs, she fell right on her ass. She was in pain. Two hits from my joint suddenly she was dancing and laughing. LOL.

Forum List

Back