Wells Fargo CEO: "While it might sound like an excuse, the unfortunate reality is that there is a very limited pool of black talent to recruit from."

it’s the CEO of Wells Fargo who lacks the talent to recruit Blacks
What do you expect from Wells Fargo ? This was a bank deliberately ropes black borrowers (to whom they referred as “mud people”) into high-cost loans, targeting them and even falsifying blk people's credit histories to make black applicants look like risks.

When you set an arbitrary goal for some percentage of "diversity" in your work force you have shifted your hiring goals from "let's get the best people we can" to "let's lower the bar to make sure we get enough minorities in here". You can call me a Racist if you want, you would be wrong. I just tell it like it is.

If you have two candidates of similar credentials, one is white one is black I have no problem if you pick the black candidate. If the black candidate rates significantly lower than the white candidate and you still pick him, I think that is a problem.

As part of my long career in engineering I did resume screens and interviews. I know what I am talking about.

What do you expect from Wells Fargo ? This was a bank deliberately ropes black borrowers (to whom they referred as “mud people”) into high-cost loans, targeting them and even falsifying blk people's credit histories to make black applicants look like risks.
^ would you hire this lunatic?

When you set an arbitrary goal for some percentage of "diversity" in your work force you have shifted your hiring goals from "let's get the best people we can" to "let's lower the bar to make sure we get enough minorities in here". You can call me a Racist if you want, you would be wrong. I just tell it like it is.

If you have two candidates of similar credentials, one is white one is black I have no problem if you pick the black candidate. If the black candidate rates significantly lower than the white candidate and you still pick him, I think that is a problem.

As part of my long career in engineering I did resume screens and interviews. I know what I am talking about.
How do you even know their race just looking at their resumes?

How do you even know their race just looking at their resumes?
You don't until you talk to them.

When did Wells Fargo refer to African Americans as "mud people"? I sort of missed that.

I am no fan of Wells Fargo, but do you have any facts to back up any of what you said, because frankly it sounds bat-shit crazy. :eek2yum:

For those with any familiarity with statistical reality, African Americans have a mean IQ of 85, a full Standard Deviation below the mean IQ of the general population.

Assume that Wells Fargo wishes to hire humans with above average intelligence, since they will be dealing with numbers, contracts, sophisticated people, and so on. Let's say the bar is set at an IQ of 115.

While that bar limits their search to the top 32% of the General Population, if one focuses on African Americans the 115 IQ is at the 95th percentile (two full Standard Deviations above the Mean) for that demographic. That means that only 5% of African Americans have the intelligence to competently work for Wells Fargo.

And look at the choices available to the top 5% of African Americans (measured by intelligence). The competition is KEEN for those individuals. Every employer under the sun is going after that select group.

Is it any wonder that any one of such employers would be having one hell of a time finding African Americans who meet even the minimal standards for a "professional" or staff position?

Huh. It was a black guy who refinanced my mortgage at Wells Fargo the last time. Saw several minorities working in the personal banking section, and several hot assed tellers. The last being off topic, but dayum.

Target warehouse just hired 50 new employees,,,,40 were black, 10 white....in a majority white area. Security alrdy watching 3 suspected thieves.....

I am no fan of Wells Fargo, but do you have any facts to back up any of what you said, because frankly it sounds bat-shit crazy. :eek2yum:
Click on the link

What an ignorant comment-----------blacks more often don't finish school, more often don't have transportation, more often have a criminal degree, more often score lower on skills tests, and more often have a substane abuse habit---which means they are less likely to be hire.

And don't even get me started on that whole baggie pants and ebonics issues.

Click on the link

Ah....yeah. I read the entire thing. Nothing about mud people, screwing over black borrowers or any of the other crazy shit you said, I know you feel everyone is out to get you but facts and evidence needs to be presented to convince people, Nothing you alleged is in the link. Nothing,

For those with any familiarity with statistical reality, African Americans have a mean IQ of 85, a full Standard Deviation below the mean IQ of the general population.

Assume that Wells Fargo wishes to hire humans with above average intelligence, since they will be dealing with numbers, contracts, sophisticated people, and so on. Let's say the bar is set at an IQ of 115.

While that bar limits their search to the top 32% of the General Population, if one focuses on African Americans the 115 IQ is at the 95th percentile (two full Standard Deviations above the Mean) for that demographic. That means that only 5% of African Americans have the intelligence to competently work for Wells Fargo.

And look at the choices available to the top 5% of African Americans (measured by intelligence). The competition is KEEN for those individuals. Every employer under the sun is going after that select group.

Is it any wonder that any one of such employers would be having one hell of a time finding African Americans who meet even the minimal standards for a "professional" or staff position?
Interesting
Here's a link I glanced over a couple of things but didn't read the whole content of the link
People can read it and discuss it if they like

I think that the Wells Fargo executive who said those words will soon be looking for another job.

In 2020, one simply cannot say something like that in public.

And, as is likely, if the Biden-Harris ticket wins, such comments may be prohibited on the Internet, too.

Click on the link

Ah....yeah. I read the entire thing. Nothing about mud people, screwing over black borrowers or any of the other crazy shit you said, I know you feel everyone is out to get you but facts and evidence needs to be presented to convince people, Nothing you alleged is in the link. Nothing,
Read the link.

Forum List

Back