Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Cooked up some tasty Filet Mignons for me and my smokin' hot Puerto Rican girlfriend.

The air fryer kills it again!

This photo was before the mashed potatoes hit the plate:

306003309_10230069132894560_8007953146527239356_n.jpg

I am having cod and ex is having barbque chicken (oven), baked taters, corn. For dessert....hmm. Not sure yet. Probably a nilla shake.

And you?
Last night our Russian neighbor's Ukrainian friend visiting from Costa Rica cooked for our entire community. I think he paid $1500 for all the food. It was so delish!!! As he cooked things on the small bbq he would walk the cooked food around on a plate so everyone just took a bite or piece of

lamb shanks
scallops
swordfish
Russian Ham/Salami
Caviar
lobster
shrimps
pork marinated in something

I had a Riki Taki sandwich and Dominican potato salad. Everything that I have made that is Dominican has vinegar in it. I understand that it doesn't need to be refrigerated and all but really.

A bologna sandwich. I made a double batch of sofrito so I could use some tonight and freeze most of it but by the time I was done with that I was not about to make dinner. Tomorrow I will make pastelon and then see if it freezes well.

I'm going to make Southwestern Pumpkin Soup. I got it from a magazine and it's over at Epicurious. I haven't made it in awhile.

3 cups chicken stock or canned low-salt chicken broth

1 cup whipping cream

1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin

3 tablespoons (packed) dark brown sugar

1 teaspoon ground cumin

1/2 teaspoon chili powder

1/2 teaspoon ground coriander

1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

3/4 cup (packed) grated sharp cheddar cheese

Chopped fresh cilantro

Bring chicken stock and whipping cream to boil in heavy medium pot. Whisk in canned pumpkin, brown sugar, cumin, chili powder, coriander and nutmeg. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until soup thickens slightly and flavors blend, about 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Soup can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Cool. Cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over medium-low heat, whisking occasionally.) Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish each serving with cheddar cheese and cilantro

Tonight it's going to be deep fried cod and shrimp.
And tomorrow night we're doing dry aged ribeyes using the reverse sear method.
Our eyes are bigger than our stomachs,at two lbs a piece will never be able to eat all of it.
The dogs are going to be very happy.

The prime 30 day dry aged ribeyes from the new meat market were F'n Unreal!!!!
They were to big to cook both at two lbs a piece so we just did one using the reverse sear method...rare of course.
We sat it on a tray and I cut bite size pieces off for both of us.
It was the best steak I've had in years,including Wagyu.
Even the Wife was raging over it,she said the same,the best steak we've had in years.

We'll be frequent customers at Cherry Block Butchers!!!
Didnt even mind paying $80 bucks for a steak!!

A mango/jalapeno chutney-jam thingie on a tortilla (3) with smoked rainbow trout and crawdad tails.
Side was macNcheese with Rocoto chiles chopped in...BAKED
Chasing it with a White Russian and oatmeal cookie as I type

After having the dry aged prime ribeye last weekend we're going to have the other dry aged prime ribeye and a dry aged filet mignon on Saturday.
We're going to follow that up on Sunday with a dry aged Wagyu ribeye.
I went through a phase where I couldnt eat steak,in fact it made me want to puke.
Thank God I seem to have come out of that stage and I have some beef to eat!!!

Well crap,they didnt have the dry aged Australian Wagyu filet mignon in stock.
We ended up with an American Wagyu Ribeye dry aged for 60 days and two more 60 day dry aged Prime Ribeyes.
As good as Wagyu is I cant wait to try it dry aged!!!
In a way I hope it sucks at $58 bucks a piece. We cant eat Japanese A5 Wagyu very much because it's so rich,American Wagyu has far less marbling than the Jap stuff.

Forum List

Back