Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Last night Salmon filet and rice. They were out of Char, so we settled for Salmon.
Tonight... gonna make Cajun seasoned chicken thighs, mashed tators and sesame broccoli.

North African cauliflower salad with chermoula. It's actually really good. It's out of the Mediterranean cookbook by American Test Kitchen.

My favorite healthy meal, that is fit for a king!

Tonight I made baked salmon, with a lemon and white wine, caper sauce...

Fresh spinach sauteed in olive oil infused with garlic.

Half of a sweet potatoes

Fresh tomato and avocado salad

YUMMY!

Mujaddara if I can keep from eating all of the crispy onions before I get it done.

:eusa_angel: Tacos. Roasted zucchini, butternut squash and onion with Adobo. I mixed harissa with Greek yogurt. I got a jar of La Magara Harissa and it's too freaking hot. Everythign I try to add it to it destroys it.

BLT's and a tossed salad with my own raspberry - balsamic reduction vinaigrette.
I have been practicing vinaigrettes for a while.
My house specialty is honey mustard vinaigrette. Only frustrating thing is I want folks to try others but they always want this one.
I also like a Maple vinaigrette that goes well with a tossed salad with walnuts and a dry cheese.

BLT's and a tossed salad with my own raspberry - balsamic reduction vinaigrette.
My house specialty is honey mustard vinaigrette. Only frustrating thing is I want folks to try others but they always want this one.
I also like a Maple vinaigrette that goes well with a tossed salad with walnuts and a dry cheese.

Ooh, I love a good vinaigrette. I know how to make raspberry and honey mustard, but I've never done maple. Do you have a recipe you're willing to share?

Ooh, I love a good vinaigrette. I know how to make raspberry and honey mustard, but I've never done maple. Do you have a recipe you're willing to share?
I don't measure much, and this is enough for 2 or 3 salads.
Good olive oil... guessing 1/2 cup maybe, pinch salt and pepper
About three T of balsamic vinegar
About two T of pure maple syrup.
1 tsp dijon mustard.
Play with it a little.... sorry I don't measure much... kind of eye ball it

1 tsp dijon mustard.

I'm definitely going to try that the next time it's my turn to cook dinner at my sister's house. My husband and I go there every Saturday to watch movies and have a little adult time, and my sister and I alternate providing dinner. She and my husband are both trying to lessen carbs, and interesting veggie choices are challenging.

1 tsp dijon mustard.

I'm definitely going to try that the next time it's my turn to cook dinner at my sister's house. My husband and I go there every Saturday to watch movies and have a little adult time, and my sister and I alternate providing dinner. She and my husband are both trying to lessen carbs, and interesting veggie choices are challenging.
You ever roast cauliflower? If not... toss them in a bowl with just a little olive oil to coat, salt, pepper and thyme. Thyme is the important thing. When roasted they get a nutty flavor to them.
Pretty good

1 tsp dijon mustard.

You ever roast cauliflower? If not... toss them in a bowl with just a little olive oil to coat, salt, pepper and thyme. Thyme is the important thing. When roasted they get a nutty flavor to them.
Pretty good

I rarely cook cauliflower because my husband doesn't like it. He has a lot of vegetable prejudices, which really cripple my ability to cook sometimes. I have to choose my battles on the subject, and while the rest of us like cauliflower okay, no one likes it enough to argue the point. I might try the roasted cauliflower and see if the boys and I like it enough to override the husband.

I don't like hearty dinners, so I try to cook something light and healthy for dinner, such as a salad or healthy snacks with vegetables and fruits. Today my dinner will consist of three types of cheese, a glass of dry red wine and fresh fruit, which I will buy in the supermarket today. I find ideas for such healthy snacks on culinary sites, for example, here Best French Cheese Boards (Easy Guide) | Kitchen Tricks is a description and ideas for a French cheese board. Articles like this help me find new ideas for my nutrition plan that will not harm my figure.

Home made chicken stew with yellow rice. I used the broth from the chicken instead of water to cook the rice. It all turned out real tasty .

My family is moving tomorrow, so we've been eating whatever we have on hand, to try to draw down the amount of food stores we need to transport. But I'm very excited about my new kitchen where we're moving to, and contemplating what my very first meal to cook in it should be. Any suggestions?

A bowl of cold watermelon chunks sprinkled with salt.
1629321311530.png

My family is moving tomorrow, so we've been eating whatever we have on hand, to try to draw down the amount of food stores we need to transport. But I'm very excited about my new kitchen where we're moving to, and contemplating what my very first meal to cook in it should be. Any suggestions?
How did your move go? We just bought a house, and moving in earnest starts tomorrow.

New Topics

Forum List

Back