Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Had beef-and-ale stew for dinner Sunday night. It was delicious, but upset my fragile digestive system a bit. Not really sure why, but it's unfortunately not uncommon for me. :(

My son made his delicious ribs over the weekend. He put a great deal of effort into research and experimentation to find the best way to make ribs when one does not have a barbecue. Not even sure about everything he does, since the entire family is banished from the kitchen so we don't find out his secrets.

Totally worth it.

Mezkin....but I ate the empanadas after the debate :smoke:
patinada.JPG

My son, his girlfriend and I are making Chinese takeout with lower sodium. We are going to make crab rangoon. Ok, that has nothing to do with lower sodium and everything to do with my son's favorite. His girlfriend hates crab rangoon so we are also making pork dumplings. Also not in my low sodium thing but the world doesn't revolve around me. We have Quicker than takeout orange chicken
General Tso's chix and Vegetable Lo Mein--I can't find Marlene Koch's recipe on the interweb

The only thing I've made before is the crab rangoon. The only reason that I am making it is because he ordered some the other day but got the wrong order. I told him I had it covered but I wanted to check out the orange chicken. Not sure how the hell we got from point A to point B.

I'm doing the orange chicken and crab rangoon tonight. I'm the only one chopping up all these ingredients and I ran out of time. I don't even like Chinese food.

I made Yankee pot roast for dinner. And now for a midnight snack I made some beef & noodle soup with some leftover meat & broth.

My homemade egg noodles are extra thick and wide. I curled them up and let them dry out them out before I cooked them. They're much yummier than flat noodles.

Last night I had homemade chocolate chip cookies and a glass of red wine. It was a long day.

I'm making a spicy pork tenderloin. My son made an onion soup and has a potato and leek gratin in the oven. Both of his are from a Julia Child's cookbook. We had a an agreement on cooking temps this morning so the pork tenderloin went in at the same time the potato and leak gratin went in the oven but he changed recipes. So, it's going to be a minute before the rest of everything is done.

The onion soup calls for cognac. I got a bottle of Ansec VS. I know what cognac is but I don't drink it. That initial smell kind of kills me. However, I tasted it and it is really not bad. I can see the attraction. The soup is really awesome.

Tomorrow I'm going to make honey mustard chicken, cornbread salad, something green and pecan pie muffins.

Last edited:

Over the weekend, I did a low-country shrimp boil on a sheet pan. Always a big hit with my family, and I have been asked to put this on our regular menu rotation more often.

Forum List

Back