Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

i tried my hand at pork chops. it was a leaening exoeriance. i thought if your chops werent burnt that you would catch zombie virus ornget a taoe worm in your brain. turns out, as long as you hit the magic tempreture that its all good. i used a meat thermomiter at first for the thicker ones. the thi ones were easy. came out okay. thesenones arw a bit dark compared to the picture in the insteuctable.

IMG_20200731_172443~2.jpg

IMG_20200731_181006.jpg

kid approved to. she had broccli but she ate that all first. yay.

Dinner today will be fried chicken with mustard potato salad.

i dont know why, but i could do potato salad for breakfas, lunch and dinner. ever have fried potato salad? fry the spuds before you mix it all up.
I once saw Justin Wilson on his Louisiana Cookin' show make potato salad out of old McDonalds french fries :laugh:

im twlling you, dont do it unless you arw willingnto commit to it.

Today we are having Buffalo wings as he has never had the original. I cannot, in good conscious, send him out in the world without him realizing there really is an original recipe. We are also having Creole corn and and zucchini.

Last night we went to an Indian restaurant. It was hard to find one that the dining room was open or that had not closed permanently. We had not been there before and they had a buffet. This was actually my son's pick for his birthday. It was horrible.

Tonight I am making lamb kofta kebabs with harissa. I will probably make the left over Creole corn and some broccoli or zucchini.

Last night we went to an Indian restaurant. It was hard to find one that the dining room was open or that had not closed permanently. We had not been there before and they had a buffet. This was actually my son's pick for his birthday. It was horrible.

Tonight I am making lamb kofta kebabs with harissa. I will probably make the left over Creole corn and some broccoli or zucchini.

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with that Indian restaurant. It's very fortunate that you're an excellent cook who can make up for it.

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with that Indian restaurant. It's very fortunate that you're an excellent cook who can make up for it.

Thank you, Cecilie.

I got up early and went to work, came home and took a nap. By the time I woke up my kid was gone. He is over at the girlfriend's parent's house. This was my plan for tonight and now it's shifted until tomorrow. I've invited his girlfriend but she doesn't like spicy foods.

I'm going to make this for an appetizer Melted Mozzarella Casserole with Mushrooms and Smoky Chipotle Chile (Queso Fundido)

I have some achiote paste. Recado rojo - Wikipedia that has a recipe for pork that goes over rice. The recipe is here: El Yucateco

Another Bayless recipe: Crusty Chayote Casserole with Poblanos, corn and two cheeses. You will have to scroll down a bit to reach it: Super Squash

A lemon carlota for dessert.

And then I don't have to cook until Wednesday. I think I might have cantaloupe and prosciutto tonight.

Forum List

Back