Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Not tonight but tomorrow I'm going to attempt a dish for Father's Day that I've never made before. My parents are from Belgium and when I was young my mother used to make a dish they called Whitloaf. It's Belgian endive sauteed(I'm going to steam. Trying to limit my fat intake.), wrapped in a slice of ham and covered in a thin Bechamel sauce made with Swiss cheese and then baked until the top gets golden brown. Wish me luck.

Last edited:
Not tonight but tomorrow I'm going to attempt a dish for Father's Day that I've never made before. My parents are from Belgium and when I was young my mother used to make a dish they called Whitloaf. It's Belgian endive sauteed(I'm going steam. Trying to limit my fat intake), wrapped in a slice of ham and covered in a thin Bechamel made with Swiss cheese and then baked until the top gets golden brown. Wish me luck.

Good luck. Please post recipe.

Not tonight but tomorrow I'm going to attempt a dish for Father's Day that I've never made before. My parents are from Belgium and when I was young my mother used to make a dish they called Whitloaf. It's Belgian endive sauteed(I'm going steam. Trying to limit my fat intake), wrapped in a slice of ham and covered in a thin Bechamel made with Swiss cheese and then baked until the top gets golden brown. Wish me luck.
Good luck. Please post recipe.
Thanks. I'm not a strict recipe follower, so I consulted this link for guidance. As I said, I'm not following it 100%, for example the steaming and this recipe doesn't mention nutmeg, but I know my mother always used it.

Whitloaf

I made a pizza topped with tomatoes, spam and pineapple. Also had a big garden salad and garlic bread with probably a bit too much homemade wine circa 2012.

I haven't drank in quite a while. My wife is pregnant so she can't drink. So that kinda means I can't drink either.

But the wife and kids are at grandma and grandpa's house tonight. While the cat's away the Mu will play. :FIREdevil:

I'm making Asian lentil tacos. Yep. That's the name. As we all know soy sauce+sriracha sauce+shiitake mushrooms means you can call it Asian.

Just BBQed some chicken thighs grilled over apple wood, had em with buttered green beans........ Absolute heaven!
All I added was salt, onion powder, paprika and my blended BBQ sauce (Stubs Original with KC Masterpiece Original).

Just BBQed some chicken thighs grilled over apple wood, had em with buttered green beans........ Absolute heaven!
All I added was salt, onion powder, paprika and my blended BBQ sauce (Stubs Original with KC Masterpiece Original).
Speaking of salt...

See,

iu

salt.

I was standing in the meat section of the supermarket, looking at the price of hamburger and saying, "Were they famous cows?" when I realized that the price of beef and chicken was now about the same as shrimp and less expensive fish (keep in mind that I live in a desert, so seafood is fairly pricey here). I decided if I was going to have to pay that much no matter what I got, I might as well get the good stuff. So I made a sheet pan shrimp boil yesterday, so much that even with my bottomless-pit family, we have leftovers today.

My smokin' hot Puerto Rican girlfriend came over tonight and really outdid herself.

It was a garlic butter pan fried shrimp (caught this morning in local waters) over angel hair pasta, with Puerto Rican corn and salad, married up to a wonderful Robert Hall Merlot.

Fucking amazing...

IMG_0382.jpg

Forum List

Back