Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

Rib Tips
20200516_150209.jpg

Much earlier this evening it was a Cashew Chicken Salad from Culver's, with some cooked broccoli on the side. This salad is THE best I've ever had from a fast food restaurant. It has LOTS of cashews on it, as well as a nice amount of grilled chicken strips. Highly recommended.

We are going to make flatbread pizzas. We are going to put ricotta cheese on it, sauteed mushrooms, caramelized red onions, sauteed cherry tomatoes, basil, artichokes and mozzarella slices on top.

This evening it was a pre-made Asian Sesame salad from a local grocery store. I added some of my own ingredients to it - shredded colby cheese, TURKEY bacon bits, (An oxymoron if there ever were one. But Oscar Mayer makes them and they're quite good.) salted sunflower seeds, crispy onion pieces, croutons, and ranch dressing. In a word, YUM!

Much earlier this evening it was Taco Bell night. And yes, I KNOW it isn't REAL Mexican food, but some of it sure is tasty! I had their fairly new Power Bowl, which was added to their menu because they dropped their Taco Salads. The Power Bowls are pretty tasty, I had the chicken one tonight. It comes in a bowl (How convenient!) with either chicken or steak, mixed with re-fried beans, cheese, tomatoes, rice, and lettuce. It's just filling enough to sort of make a full meal for me. I also have (and had) an order of beans and cheese on the side. It's NOT as good as authentic Mexican food, obviously, but it does the trick!

Home brew thin crust pizza. My half is taco pizza, wifes' half pepperoni. Going to raise the dough right now.

Here's the crust recipe. Follow it to a T, it works. Be sure not to let the dough rise long or it won't be thin crust. And don't skip the 5 min prebake. Prob I have with bierocks too, want a crust not bread.

New Topics

Forum List

Back