Seriously...the Dumbocrats are going to fast-track us to Venezuela. Complete and total collapse. Extreme poverty. And of course, they will attempt to blame capitalism for it when their idiocy fails.

capitalist have no qualms about increasing their pay so stfu.
Well duh....that's called liberty and free market. Whatever the market will bear. The fact that you assholes need government to force it on others says it all. If you can't make $33 an hour based on your talent, you don't deserve it.

$33.00/hr for a person with no training... Okay... That should drive up wages for those of us with an education, training, and experience to around $72.00+/hr... I could handle that... Right up until the moment they say it's too much and they're going take half to give to the unemployed...

Imagine paying $100.00 for a Big Mac... Utopia!

How can you not laugh?
In many, many cases, a $15 hourly wage will not bring a family, or even a single person, to an adequate living standard. That hardly means the fight was worthless; it just means the war is ongoing.
Oh you poor thing. NY educated. Too stupid to understand that minimum wage isn't designed to support a family. Hell, it's not even designed to support a single person living on their own. It's designed for 16 year old CHILDREN to break into the work force while living under mom & dad's roof.

The $15 Minimum Wage Is Here. Why We Need $33 an Hour.

$33.00/hr for a person with no training... Okay... That should drive up wages for those of us with an education, training, and experience to around $72.00+/hr... I could handle that... Right up until the moment they say it's too much and they're going take half to give to the unemployed...

Imagine paying $100.00 for a Big Mac... Utopia!
The left has another word for "utopia": Venezuela!

How can you not laugh?
In many, many cases, a $15 hourly wage will not bring a family, or even a single person, to an adequate living standard. That hardly means the fight was worthless; it just means the war is ongoing.
Oh you poor thing. NY educated. Too stupid to understand that minimum wage isn't designed to support a family. Hell, it's not even designed to support a single person living on their own. It's designed for 16 year old CHILDREN to break into the work force while living under mom & dad's roof.

What do you base that on? The US federal minimum wage was introduced during the Depression with the Fair Labor Standards Act, and I don't believe it was promoted as being for 16 year olds living off of their parents' income.

Minimum wage means minimum work. So those jobs, (which I would have never let my kids do...like fast food) are not meant for a living wage . Most don't care if they ever get filled really. As far as kids, mine worked for 15 per hour 20 years ago...in the summer. It doesn't take much to find 20 bucks per hour to start....even for a 16 year old.

capitalist have no qualms about increasing their pay so stfu.
Well duh....that's called liberty and free market. Whatever the market will bear. The fact that you assholes need government to force it on others says it all. If you can't make $33 an hour based on your talent, you don't deserve it.
Being self employed I need no govt. help but dream on...

Minimum wage means minimum work. So those jobs, (which I would have never let my kids do...like fast food) are not meant for a living wage . Most don't care if they ever get filled really. As far as kids, mine worked for 15 per hour 20 years ago...in the summer. It doesn't take much to find 20 bucks per hour to start....even for a 16 year old.
Depends where one lives..

What do you base that on?
Um....reality. Join us, won't you?

That's not an answer. I'm asking what you base the idea that minimum wage was designed for 16 year olds living with their parents on. I pointed out that the federal minimum wage in the US was created with the FLSA during the Depression and that it wasn't promoted in the way you describe.

Here:
History of the United States Minimum Wage | Minimum-Wage.org

New Zealand apparently passed the first minimum wage law, and again, I don't see any evidence it was designed for 16 year olds living with their parents.
What is the history of the minimum wage? - UC Davis Center for Poverty Research
History of Minimum Wage

I'm not arguing the merits of minimum wage, I'm asking what makes you think it was designed for the reason you say it was.

That's not an answer.
Yes it is. You just don’t like it.
I'm not arguing the merits of minimum wage, I'm asking what makes you think it was designed for the reason you say it was.
What makes you think it wasn’t?!? This is so self-evident I can’t believe you need it explained to you. It is the minimum wage. It’s designed for entry level work (ie 16 year olds getting their first job). It is not designed to raise a family of off.

How can you not laugh?

What do you base that on? The US federal minimum wage was introduced during the Depression with the Fair Labor Standards Act, and I don't believe it was promoted as being for 16 year olds living off of their parents' income.

It was to insure that the market didn't take advantage of people which couldn't happen today. Believe it or not, at one time we were a country where you worked or starved. Today if the pay isn't adequate enough, you go on some social program to subsidize the rest, or just not work and go on social programs.

Forum List

Back