Well sh*t.... Bonzi is sick

LET ME GIVE YOU A LITTLE CONTEXT, Iam-- -- I never would have otherwise brought this up or shared this here but I could go (die) on any given fucking day. One day you might not just hear from me again here and you'll never even know why. I just woke up, practically slept through half of Thanksgiving Day because last night I took a triple dose of pain narcotics just to be relatively pain free for the holiday AS MY GIFT TO ME. And I would never think of burdening that on others here or ask for any sympathy. I just deal with it. I've lost MONTHS, YEARS of pay (not days) due to the incompetence, inadequacy and corruption of others, INCLUDING CERTAIN DOCTORS and HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANIES, and I still don't bitch. Too sick to do anything about it really but just try to make it through each day one day at a time and be glad I'm alive.
Wow. I'm sorry you are so sick it has affected your Empahty factor. He loves Bonzi, and is doing the best he can. Yelling at him won't help and thats what he needs rightnow. Help. And support from fellow posters here tha know bothof them.

With that said....I think I may have caught a bug too. Sneezing all day, achey joints, lots of fatigue, headache. I got the pneumonia shot yesterday..maybe thats it. Or it could be something else. But I refuse to get a test to see if thats what I have. If I die...oh frigging well. I'm ready to go any time becasue if thats whats meant to be..then so be it. Gonna take some zinc tomorrow...and that echnechea or how ever its spelled too. Stay at home and just chill. But now I need some of that soup from Bonzi, lol.

Whatever this is it is the weirdest thing either one of us has ever had.
100% not a cold or "regular" flu. Symptoms are just weird.
Our symptoms:
Bonzi... Monday morning felt stiff and a little tired, didn't think much about it, went to work. By early afternoon she left work because she was feeling worse.
By Monday evening, fever at 99.5 and felt overall malaise. Just wanted to be in bed.
Tuesday her eyes started to hurt, and were red. Worse of whole time was Tuesday midday at 101 fever. In bed entire day except getting tested.
Wednesday morning fever was gone, and felt much better. Doesn't smell things normally, but has not lost taste.
Wednesday afternoon...almost feels normal.
Thursday... tired and congested, headache. No fever. Currently laying in bed again.

Me... Tuesday I had a very brief fever... maybe half a day. Muscle and body aches. Felt this way all day.
Wednesday...same but eyes start to hurt....feels like pressure. And if I roll eyes around...the muscles hurt. Slight headache all day that will not go away despite Tylenol. (neither of us have taken ibuprofen as read that might make covid worse)
Went to bed early, eyes hurt.... but no fever at all.
Thursday morning... I feel pretty good. Eyes not hurting much. Good enough I went into the office to get some stuff caught up knowing no one is there, and won't be till Monday. Around noon, headache came back and my eyes hurt again....weird!

Is the eye pressure thing supposed to be a COVID symptom? I haven't heard that.

Thanks for the updates. I check every one and I'm sure others do too. Y'all get well.
I had never heard of eye pain with it either. So I looked it up, it is listed as an "uncommon symptom" of approx. 3% of covid patients have reported it. Hopefully we don't.... but it has also turned into a significant eye infection for some.
Unfortunately Bonzi is back in bed now. It is apparently how this thing does. She was so much better yesterday, and now slammed back down. Headache, congestion, body aches and just wants to sleep. I have to keep checking on her to be sure the congestion doesn't move into her chest.
Bummed out about this. I also thought she was getting over it. :(
What kind of antibiotic is she on ?
None

Where Bonz works (in healthcare) she can't go back to work until at least test comes back. Because of the speed of which we are getting over it, it probably isn't Covid. So... we have to use PTO days to sit on our ass. PTO days we don't want to use.

Well there you have it. You're getting over your illness (cold/flu symptoms) SO FAST, it's doubtful it could be Covid, and you're bitching? Your employer doesn't want you to come back until you are well for the good of all just in case and you're bitching? You have paid days off you can use that you won't even lose a day's pay and you're bitching? Boo Hoo, feel sorry for me?

THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM? Do you have any idea how pathetic and selfish you sound?

At the very worst, I might complain that as a healthcare worker, your employer ought to be able to at least be prepared to provide you with a test to allow you to come back to work. I mean, what do they do if they have to admit a sick person? I think that is a legit bitch. But as they famously say: WHO EVER SAID LIFE WAS FAIR?

LET ME GIVE YOU A LITTLE CONTEXT, Iam-- -- I never would have otherwise brought this up or shared this here but I could go (die) on any given fucking day. One day you might not just hear from me again here and you'll never even know why. I just woke up, practically slept through half of Thanksgiving Day because last night I took a triple dose of pain narcotics just to be relatively pain free for the holiday AS MY GIFT TO ME. And I would never think of burdening that on others here or ask for any sympathy. I just deal with it. I've lost MONTHS, YEARS of pay (not days) due to the incompetence, inadequacy and corruption of others, INCLUDING CERTAIN DOCTORS and HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANIES, and I still don't bitch. Too sick to do anything about it really but just try to make it through each day one day at a time and be glad I'm alive.

And except for your incredibly pathetic snowflake whiny self-centeredness, I never would have ever even mentioned that here.

SO PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT next time you want to feel sorry for yourself and feel put upon. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT PROBLEMS ARE. No matter what, it can always be A LOT WORSE. Maybe you ought to just be glad you're ALIVE, have a spouse to help each other get through it, and have a job you'll be going back too soon! You feel a little sick, missed a few days of work that you've been inconvenienced to have to get paid for, for the good of others, that's probably nothing other than a cold? And if it is Covid, most people don't even know they have it, most who feel symptoms get over it, and only a tiny fraction of a fraction ever actually get seriously ill enough to need real medical attention or hospitalization, and THAT'S YOUR BIG FUCKING PROBLEM???
Oh... looky at you... big internet tough guy!!!
You are like a guy in full gang regalia riding a moped.
Big man.... watch out every one

Last edited:
Bonz woke up better, last night she had a lot of dizziness and queasy stomach. Basically every time she eats a little something she has nausea for about an hour. But glad she is doing reasonable this morning.
Not sure what that dizziness was all about... could be lower blood oxygen, but I seriously doubt it. Breathing completely normal, normal skin color etc.
Me... my joints hurt everywhere. And my head feels...I don't know...weird. It's like my whole head has pressure.
My eyesight is definitely different, I keep wanting to blink my eyes every 2 seconds. Slight discharge from them.
Not much of an appetite for either one of us.
But...so far... we are both quite fortunate it is not seriously kicking our asses.

Cheers

Bonz woke up better, last night she had a lot of dizziness and queasy stomach. Basically every time she eats a little something she has nausea for about an hour. But glad she is doing reasonable this morning.
Not sure what that dizziness was all about... could be lower blood oxygen, but I seriously doubt it. Breathing completely normal, normal skin color etc.
Me... my joints hurt everywhere. And my head feels...I don't know...weird. It's like my whole head has pressure.
My eyesight is definitely different, I keep wanting to blink my eyes every 2 seconds. Slight discharge from them.
Not much of an appetite for either one of us.
But...so far... we are both quite fortunate it is not seriously kicking our asses.

Cheers

I dunno, some of the symptoms sound COVIDish but some don't (nausea, eye pain). I'm guessing you two got a bug, prolly the same bug but not the COVID bug. You guys have not had a definitive positive test, right?

The concern is understandable but still a bug to be dealt with and even if it isn't the Corona you definitely don't want to be out in the world while your bodies are busy fighting off the other bug.

Not a very good turn of events.
My kids were concerned about the dizziness (they are both RTs) so my son got us a Oximeter.
Unfortunately her Ox was 90 with a HR of 68.
They told me to get her out of bed and get her to walk around the living room with it on her.
After walking for a minute or so it went to 93. Apparently that was good news. If it stayed low and she felt out of breath they would have told me to take her to the ER. So we have to monitor her Ox pretty much constantly. Sitting it hovers 91/92...which is not very good, but not bad bad.
And then me... I am maintaining a fever now. My body is way more achy, I don't want to eat anything. Nothing sounds good... in fact thinking about food makes me nauseas. Seriously, like Bonz was about Tuesday... walking to the bathroom is hard. Energy levels are shot.
Not 100% sure what to do if we are both in not good shape. It's not like someone can come in and help us.
I would be shocked if it is not covid. A "simple" flu doesn't do this. You get sick, 24-48 hrs tops you get over it. Not this up and down rollercoaster, which apparently is what covid does. Kinda maddening, you think oh... she's getting better...oh wait...no she isn't..but wait yeah she is... oh..uh.. no she isn't.
Ugh

And the covid roller coaster continues... and our roles have reversed.
I am the sickest one now. Overnight now my Ox levels have plummeted. I hover on 90, a couple times down to 88. I can tell it when that happens. I start getting light headed and hard to concentrate. Amazing soreness in joints. No flu I have ever had has made me this sore and tired.
A bit nerve wracking also... knowing I am not that far away from having to go to the ER, any worse and off I go.
Again thank God however, it has not attacked my respiratory as bad as others. No coughing or difficulty breathing. I am having minor chest pain, haven't told Bonz... I don't want her to worry so much as she still needs to rest and continue to get better.
I don't wish this on anyone.

wishing you both the best...both my husband and i are retired ...so we stay at home or do curbside or do the first thing in the am..out county is now red..with high levels of covid

For crying out loud... "due to extreme demand on laboratories your test could take up to 6 additional days to complete".
WTF??
Yeah, they are having a real problem prioritizing the right tests.

I don't see much point in this "contact tracing" program the government and big tech have rolled out, if they can't even get the triage in the testing protocols done right.

Just a week and a half a ago, my kid's two best friends came down with something awful, we all "assume" it is the 'rona. But who can be sure? They wanted to get tested. . . but you know, they were having the same issue getting tested as your wife.

Which honestly, I don't get. Both of them are essential workers and had no problem getting tested before they started their jobs. . . but getting tested once they get sick is a problem? WTF?!

If I were the paranoid type, I would say the establishment is trying to get this thing to spread.

So, obviously since my kid had contact with his buddies several weeks ago, he now wants a test. And yup, you are right, with out a prescription and some severe symptoms, good luck at that. The best course of action is to just sequester yourself. However, he can't do that, he is an essential worker, so they just take his temp., and off to work he goes.

. . . so that leads me back to these dumb ass "contact tracing apps." WHY?! WHY & HOW?! If folks can't find out for sure if they have had it, what the hell is the point?

It seems like the test is given priority to those starting or doing some sort of work to keep the economy rolling, or government workers, everyone else, it is just a crap shoot. There is no triage on rushing the importance on these tests on the folks that really need them done, immediately, to stop the spread.

The government and health community is NOT taking this disease as seriously as the propaganda on the TEE VEE is making it out to be, that is for sure. By the time you get your results back, if you even get the opportunity to get tested, you have either been in quarantine and are nearly over it, or happen to be the .005 percent that needs to be hauled off to the ER.

. . . and blaming it on this, or that politician? Insanity.

It's just the feds debugging a total tracing program that they will use to run our fucking lives.

Ok. How are you guys doing?
Bonzi is probably 80%... still gets tired easily and appetite not fully back. Congested.
Me - I am probably 75%. Get tired very easily, appetite probably half normal. Congested. Still get queasy easily if I do much physically.
All in all, we did well. 2 weeks in and we avoided hospitalization, although I probably should have gone when my ox level was 88.
My guess is we will be fully back to normal in another couple weeks.
Slow recovery for sure.

Bonzi is probably 80%... still gets tired easily and appetite not fully back. Congested.
Me - I am probably 75%. Get tired very easily, appetite probably half normal. Congested. Still get queasy easily if I do much physically.
All in all, we did well. 2 weeks in and we avoided hospitalization, although I probably should have gone when my ox level was 88.
Slow recovery for sure.
I'm glad you both are on the road to recovery.

Slow recovery for sure.
I'm glad you both are on the road to recovery.

Me too. Would like to see a progress report when convenient.

New Topics

Forum List

Back