Well sh*t.... Bonzi is sick

For crying out loud... "due to extreme demand on laboratories your test could take up to 6 additional days to complete".
WTF??
Yeah, they are having a real problem prioritizing the right tests.

I don't see much point in this "contact tracing" program the government and big tech have rolled out, if they can't even get the triage in the testing protocols done right.

Just a week and a half a ago, my kid's two best friends came down with something awful, we all "assume" it is the 'rona. But who can be sure? They wanted to get tested. . . but you know, they were having the same issue getting tested as your wife.

Which honestly, I don't get. Both of them are essential workers and had no problem getting tested before they started their jobs. . . but getting tested once they get sick is a problem? WTF?!

If I were the paranoid type, I would say the establishment is trying to get this thing to spread.

So, obviously since my kid had contact with his buddies several weeks ago, he now wants a test. And yup, you are right, with out a prescription and some severe symptoms, good luck at that. The best course of action is to just sequester yourself. However, he can't do that, he is an essential worker, so they just take his temp., and off to work he goes.

. . . so that leads me back to these dumb ass "contact tracing apps." WHY?! WHY & HOW?! If folks can't find out for sure if they have had it, what the hell is the point?

It seems like the test is given priority to those starting or doing some sort of work to keep the economy rolling, or government workers, everyone else, it is just a crap shoot. There is no triage on rushing the importance on these tests on the folks that really need them done, immediately, to stop the spread.

The government and health community is NOT taking this disease as seriously as the propaganda on the TEE VEE is making it out to be, that is for sure. By the time you get your results back, if you even get the opportunity to get tested, you have either been in quarantine and are nearly over it, or happen to be the .005 percent that needs to be hauled off to the ER.

. . . and blaming it on this, or that politician? Insanity.

that test is just to track you and then say its covid so they can quaranteen ya, then maybe haul yer ass off to a camp or something. NO WAY will I get tested for it, even if I get sick. I'll ride it out in my apt and make Bonzi send me her uneaten soup.

Well this is fucked.
Getting tested is currently a logistical nightmare.
Two options... get in line to get an appointment to be seen. Then they will make an appt, to get tested, then it is 4-6 days to get results.
Or... get rapid test at a First Care, but right now they are booked solid till Friday. Mostly because they will test anyone with or without symptoms. So you got every Tom, Dick and Mary getting tested just because.
So best we can do is 4pm today for rapid test 60 miles away.
Would you think people WITH symptoms would be put higher up the line?... yeah... but no.

HERE'S A CRAZY THOUGHT: Maybe just calm down and relax. The test doesn't actually DO anything to make you better and a lot of the time, you can get false positives and false negatives. Wait a bit and see how things go:
  1. It might just be a cold or the regular flu. You're sick a bit and then you get better.
  2. It might be Covid. Most people get sick a bit and then get better.
  3. It might be something else and pass.
  4. It might be Covid and you get sick a bit, then really sick and KNOW you need to see a doctor. That's when you go to the hospital, they'll test you right up, and admit you right away and administer whatever treatments are needed.
Just sayin'.

Well this is fucked.
Two options... get in line to get an appointment to be seen. Then they will make an appt, to get tested, then it is 4-6 days to get results.
Or... get rapid test at a First Care, but right now they are booked solid till Friday. Mostly because they will test anyone with or without symptoms. So you got every Tom, Dick and Mary getting tested just because.
Would you think people WITH symptoms would be put higher up the line?... yeah... but no.

HERE'S A CRAZY THOUGHT: Maybe just calm down and relax. The test doesn't actually DO anything to make you better and a lot of the time, you can get false positives and false negatives. Wait a bit and see how things go:
  1. It might just be a cold or the regular flu. You're sick a bit and then you get better.
  2. It might be Covid. Most people get sick a bit and then get better.
  3. It might be something else and pass.
  4. It might be Covid and you get sick a bit, then really sick and KNOW you need to see a doctor. That's when you go to the hospital, they'll test you right up, and admit you right away and administer whatever treatments are needed.
Just sayin'.
Here is a crazy thought - people have jobs.
Where Bonz works (in healthcare) she can't go back to work until at least test comes back.
Because of the speed of which we are getting over it, it probably isn't Covid.
But neither of us can go back to work. At this point... probably next Wednesday. So... we have to use PTO days to sit on our ass. PTO days we don't want to use.
Or we don't use them, and receive no pay

Ok. Get a rapid test. Your state has them. You could be back to work by the end of the business day on Friday or 8:00 am Monday morning--whatever world you live in.

I was stuck like that (as are most people). I am on the move and around people a lot. I am meeting with them whether or not there is a pandemic. I follow all of the blah, blah, blah guidelines etc. It takes several days for many people to show signs. I believe some 2 to 9 days after initial contact. I could look it up but I'm also working on the stuffing.

I didn't do the rapid test. I just made an appointment to go through the drive through of the health department. I was able to work from home

I have seen an entire family test positive and there was a very wide range in the severity of symptoms including a death of an elderly woman and a child that is asymptomatic. If you are positive, you could land anywhere.

Your state has CVS

Ok. Get a rapid test. Your state has them. You could be back to work by the end of the business day on Friday or 8:00 am Monday morning--whatever world you live in.

I was stuck like that (as are most people). I am on the move and around people a lot. I am meeting with them whether or not there is a pandemic. I follow all of the blah, blah, blah guidelines etc. It takes several days for many people to show signs. I believe some 2 to 9 days after initial contact. I could look it up but I'm also working on the stuffing.

I didn't do the rapid test. I just made an appointment to go through the drive through of the health department. I was able to work from home

I have seen an entire family test positive and there was a very wide range in the severity of symptoms including a death of an elderly woman and a child that is asymptomatic. If you are positive, you could land anywhere.

Your state has CVS
We tried that route and may still yet be able to... First care is not accepting walk-ins, you have to preregister online. The online site says "not available to set appointments at this time... please retry".... every location within 100 miles.
CVS is currently out. (Here)
You have all of these morons who have no freaking symptoms "but think they may have been exposed" clogging up the system. And people WITH symptoms can't get in.
It's fucked up. Why the hell accept anyone off the street instead of deal with people who may actually have the damn thing

Your state has CVS
We tried that route and may still yet be able to... First care is not accepting walk-ins, you have to preregister online. The online site says "not available to set appointments at this time... please retry".... every location within 100 miles.
CVS is currently out. (Here)
You have all of these morons who have no freaking symptoms "but think they may have been exposed" clogging up the system. And people WITH symptoms can't get in.
It's fucked up. Why the hell accept anyone off the street instead of deal with people who may actually have the damn thing
The people off the street have the same set of problems. They can't quarantine and have to go to work. Our schools shut down because they didn't have enough people to run the school with as many quarantines and positives in the adults.

It is way more messed up than I imagined.
It is not nearly as easy to get tested now, than just a week ago.
With the recent spike 80 billion people are all running to get tested "just in case"... half probably just trying to get out of work... and people who actually NEED tested because of symptoms are having real issues getting tested.
If you are truly sick... you think it is a good idea to stand in frigging lines for 2 to 3 hours? Or even possible to do that because of symptoms.
Every hospital will do it... if you are a current patient, and you set an appointment to see a RN... then you go somewhere else to get the test.... the same test that we already took.

Thank God for human beings.
FINALLY... I got her in at a CVS about 50 miles away for a rapid test Saturday.
It took over an hour poking around, clicking around and calling.
Only reason I got her in was a decent human who I was able to show an email with priority request from a doctor.
Even with that... I couldn't get her in to other places. And THAT is fucked up.
Why in Gods green earth are symptomatic people behind people with no symptoms who want one just because.

Thank God for human beings.
FINALLY... I got her in at a CVS about 50 miles away for a rapid test Saturday.
It took over an hour poking around, clicking around and calling.
Only reason I got her in was a decent human who I was able to show an email with priority request from a doctor.
Even with that... I couldn't get her in to other places. And THAT is fucked up.
Why in Gods green earth are symptomatic people behind people with no symptoms who want one just because.

Hoping for the best for her and for you.

Whatever this is it is the weirdest thing either one of us has ever had.
100% not a cold or "regular" flu. Symptoms are just weird.
Our symptoms:
Bonzi... Monday morning felt stiff and a little tired, didn't think much about it, went to work. By early afternoon she left work because she was feeling worse.
By Monday evening, fever at 99.5 and felt overall malaise. Just wanted to be in bed.
Tuesday her eyes started to hurt, and were red. Worse of whole time was Tuesday midday at 101 fever. In bed entire day except getting tested.
Wednesday morning fever was gone, and felt much better. Doesn't smell things normally, but has not lost taste.
Wednesday afternoon...almost feels normal.
Thursday... tired and congested, headache. No fever. Currently laying in bed again.

Me... Tuesday I had a very brief fever... maybe half a day. Muscle and body aches. Felt this way all day.
Wednesday...same but eyes start to hurt....feels like pressure. And if I roll eyes around...the muscles hurt. Slight headache all day that will not go away despite Tylenol. (neither of us have taken ibuprofen as read that might make covid worse)
Went to bed early, eyes hurt.... but no fever at all.
Thursday morning... I feel pretty good. Eyes not hurting much. Good enough I went into the office to get some stuff caught up knowing no one is there, and won't be till Monday. Around noon, headache came back and my eyes hurt again....weird!

Our symptoms:
Bonzi... Monday morning felt stiff and a little tired, didn't think much about it, went to work. By early afternoon she left work because she was feeling worse.
By Monday evening, fever at 99.5 and felt overall malaise. Just wanted to be in bed.
Tuesday her eyes started to hurt, and were red. Worse of whole time was Tuesday midday at 101 fever. In bed entire day except getting tested.
Wednesday morning fever was gone, and felt much better. Doesn't smell things normally, but has not lost taste.
Thursday... tired and congested, headache. No fever. Currently laying in bed again.

Me... Tuesday I had a very brief fever... maybe half a day. Muscle and body aches. Felt this way all day.
Wednesday...same but eyes start to hurt....feels like pressure. And if I roll eyes around...the muscles hurt. Slight headache all day that will not go away despite Tylenol. (neither of us have taken ibuprofen as read that might make covid worse)
Thursday morning... I feel pretty good. Eyes not hurting much. Good enough I went into the office to get some stuff caught up knowing no one is there, and won't be till Monday. Around noon, headache came back and my eyes hurt again....weird!

Is the eye pressure thing supposed to be a COVID symptom? I haven't heard that.

Thanks for the updates. I check every one and I'm sure others do too. Y'all get well.

Our symptoms:

Thanks for the updates. I check every one and I'm sure others do too. Y'all get well.
I had never heard of eye pain with it either. So I looked it up, it is listed as an "uncommon symptom" of approx. 3% of covid patients have reported it. Hopefully we don't.... but it has also turned into a significant eye infection for some.
Unfortunately Bonzi is back in bed now. It is apparently how this thing does. She was so much better yesterday, and now slammed back down. Headache, congestion, body aches and just wants to sleep. I have to keep checking on her to be sure the congestion doesn't move into her chest.
Bummed out about this. I also thought she was getting over it. :(

Our symptoms:

I had never heard of eye pain with it either. So I looked it up, it is listed as an "uncommon symptom" of approx. 3% of covid patients have reported it. Hopefully we don't.... but it has also turned into a significant eye infection for some.
Unfortunately Bonzi is back in bed now. It is apparently how this thing does. She was so much better yesterday, and now slammed back down. Headache, congestion, body aches and just wants to sleep. I have to keep checking on her to be sure the congestion doesn't move into her chest.
What kind of antibiotic is she on ?

Where Bonz works (in healthcare) she can't go back to work until at least test comes back. Because of the speed of which we are getting over it, it probably isn't Covid. So... we have to use PTO days to sit on our ass. PTO days we don't want to use.

Well there you have it. You're getting over your illness (cold/flu symptoms) SO FAST, it's doubtful it could be Covid, and you're bitching? Your employer doesn't want you to come back until you are well for the good of all just in case and you're bitching? You have paid days off you can use that you won't even lose a day's pay and you're bitching? Boo Hoo, feel sorry for me?

THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM? Do you have any idea how pathetic and selfish you sound?

At the very worst, I might complain that as a healthcare worker, your employer ought to be able to at least be prepared to provide you with a test to allow you to come back to work. I mean, what do they do if they have to admit a sick person? I think that is a legit bitch. But as they famously say: WHO EVER SAID LIFE WAS FAIR?

LET ME GIVE YOU A LITTLE CONTEXT, Iam-- -- I never would have otherwise brought this up or shared this here but I could go (die) on any given fucking day. One day you might not just hear from me again here and you'll never even know why. I just woke up, practically slept through half of Thanksgiving Day because last night I took a triple dose of pain narcotics just to be relatively pain free for the holiday AS MY GIFT TO ME. And I would never think of burdening that on others here or ask for any sympathy. I just deal with it. I've lost MONTHS, YEARS of pay (not days) due to the incompetence, inadequacy and corruption of others, INCLUDING CERTAIN DOCTORS and HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANIES, and I still don't bitch. Too sick to do anything about it really but just try to make it through each day one day at a time and be glad I'm alive.

And except for your incredibly pathetic snowflake whiny self-centeredness, I never would have ever even mentioned that here.

SO PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT next time you want to feel sorry for yourself and feel put upon. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT PROBLEMS ARE. No matter what, it can always be A LOT WORSE. Maybe you ought to just be glad you're ALIVE, have a spouse to help each other get through it, and have a job you'll be going back too soon! You feel a little sick, missed a few days of work that you've been inconvenienced to have to get paid for, for the good of others, that's probably nothing other than a cold? And if it is Covid, most people don't even know they have it, most who feel symptoms get over it, and only a tiny fraction of a fraction ever actually get seriously ill enough to need real medical attention or hospitalization, and THAT'S YOUR BIG FUCKING PROBLEM???

Where Bonz works (in healthcare) she can't go back to work until at least test comes back. Because of the speed of which we are getting over it, it probably isn't Covid. So... we have to use PTO days to sit on our ass. PTO days we don't want to use.

Well there you have it. You're getting over your illness (cold/flu symptoms) SO FAST, it's doubtful it could be Covid, and you're bitching? Your employer doesn't want you to come back until you are well for the good of all just in case and you're bitching? You have paid days off you can use that you won't even lose a day's pay and you're bitching? Boo Hoo, feel sorry for me?

At the very worst, I might complain that as a healthcare worker, your employer ought to be able to at least be prepared to provide you with a test to allow you to come back to work. I mean, what do they do if they have to admit a sick person? I think that is a legit bitch. But as they famously say: WHO EVER SAID LIFE WAS FAIR?

LET ME GIVE YOU A LITTLE CONTEXT, Iam-- -- I never would have otherwise brought this up or shared this here but I could go (die) on any given fucking day. One day you might not just hear from me again here and you'll never even know why. I just woke up, practically slept through half of Thanksgiving Day because last night I took a triple dose of pain narcotics just to be relatively pain free for the holiday AS MY GIFT TO ME. And I would never think of burdening that on others here or ask for any sympathy. I just deal with it. I've lost MONTHS, YEARS of pay (not days) due to the incompetence, inadequacy and corruption of others, INCLUDING CERTAIN DOCTORS and HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANIES, and I still don't bitch. Too sick to do anything about it really but just try to make it through each day one day at a time and be glad I'm alive.

And except for your incredibly pathetic snowflake whiny self-centeredness, I never would have ever even mentioned that here.

SO PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT next time you want to feel sorry for yourself and feel put upon. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT PROBLEMS ARE. No matter what, it can always be A LOT WORSE. Maybe you ought to just be glad you're ALIVE, have a spouse to help each other get through it, and have a job you'll be going back too soon! You feel a little sick, missed a few days of work that you've been inconvenienced to have to get paid for, for the good of others, that's probably nothing other than a cold? And if it is Covid, most people don't even know they have it, most who feel symptoms get over it, and only a tiny fraction of a fraction ever actually get seriously ill enough to need real medical attention or hospitalization, and THAT'S YOUR BIG FUCKING PROBLEM???

Negged.

Our symptoms:

Patience, patients. Even with a "normal" non-COVID flu that knocks you down pretty hard you wouldn't want to jump right back on the horse the minute your energy seems to return. Gotta give the healing process some space to play itself out. Maybe it's time to conquer that book on the shelf you never got to.

Well this is fucked.

CVS has them in our area. I have heard that Walgreens in other areas has them as well.
Yes even here, thru the drive thru window. They slide the test to you and walk you through all the instructions, then you slide it back in to them.

Wow! You're a way bigger asshole than I ever imagined.

And I'm sorry you're in pain.

I'm sorry you're in pain, asshole.

New Topics

Forum List

Back