Well sh*t.... Bonzi is sick

Well this is fucked.
Getting tested is currently a logistical nightmare.
Two options... get in line to get an appointment to be seen. Then they will make an appt, to get tested, then it is 4-6 days to get results.
Or... get rapid test at a First Care, but right now they are booked solid till Friday. Mostly because they will test anyone with or without symptoms. So you got every Tom, Dick and Mary getting tested just because.
So best we can do is 4pm today for rapid test 60 miles away.
Would you think people WITH symptoms would be put higher up the line?... yeah... but no.
At this stage in the game - is a test really worth it to you? Have her quarantine for two weeks, get better and rest up. Past that, if she has ANY early signs of breathing issues, hit the Hospital right away. Treat family/guests/friends & co-workers as though She's in quarantine, so keeping them at a distance and safe - - - and ride it out.

Well this is fucked.
Two options... get in line to get an appointment to be seen. Then they will make an appt, to get tested, then it is 4-6 days to get results.
Or... get rapid test at a First Care, but right now they are booked solid till Friday. Mostly because they will test anyone with or without symptoms. So you got every Tom, Dick and Mary getting tested just because.
Would you think people WITH symptoms would be put higher up the line?... yeah... but no.
Can you just go straight to the hospital? HOW high is her temperature? Can her doctor help, getting her a priority test somewhere? Be careful too! We don't need you both sick! Nor does she!

Lots and lots of prayers sent your and Bonzi's way!

There are so many people getting tested right now. Finally got in at noon 25 miles away.
Here in Indiana the numbers are ridiculously high. My two kids, as I have said here before, are respiratory therapist neck deep in this stuff at their hospitals. They now have more in the hospital with it than in April. :/

Already did... she is there now. At this point I am not getting tested, since I have to quarantine anyway. Waste of time.
If she test positive...obviously that is what I will have also.
She is ok... her temp has not went above 99.5 yet. But is consistent at 99.5. Body aches, mild nausea and general malaise.
My temp has currently went away. Was 99 even, now back to 98.2. I have no other symptoms of any kind.
She states food taste a little different, not a good sign. But flu can also effect your taste. If by the end of today or so she can't taste or smell... then that would confirm it.
Fortunately, she shows no sign of respiratory issues. Which the doctor said people who test positive and only have mild symptoms frequently don't.
All in all she is a healthy gal. I expect her to be ok no matter the results.

Already did... she is there now. At this point I am not getting tested, since I have to quarantine anyway. Waste of time.
She is ok... her temp has not went above 99.5 yet. But is consistent at 99.5. Body aches, mild nausea and general malaise.
My temp has currently went away. Was 99 even, now back to 98.2. I have no other symptoms of any kind.
She states food taste a little different, not a good sign. But flu can also effect your taste. If by the end of today or so she can't taste or smell... then that would confirm it.
Fortunately, she shows no sign of respiratory issues. Which the doctor said people who test positive and only have mild symptoms frequently don't.
You could have a temperature of 99 without even being sick.

Well this is fucked.
Stuff her with vitamins. Zinc, Vit C, Vit D, Vit b12. LOTS of fluids. LOTS. She will pee that bug right out faster than you think. Preferrably green tea. Lots of water. Lots of chicken broth. Keep her comfy. Fuck the china virus test. Its flu season. Too many false positives anyway. It CAN be beat with prayer, vitamins, water, tea, warmth and love. Only time to panic is if she can't breathe then take her straight to the ER.

Not me.
I take 100mg of Atenonol every day. Which for some, like me, has a side effect of lower body temps.
My average is between 97.1 and 97.5. I am virtually never above 98

Well this is fucked.
Stuff her with vitamins. Zinc, Vit C, Vit D, Vit b12. LOTS of fluids. LOTS. She will pee that bug right out faster than you think. Preferrably green tea. Lots of water. Lots of chicken broth. Keep her comfy. Fuck the china virus test. Its flu season. Too many false positives anyway. It CAN be beat with prayer, vitamins, water, tea, warmth and love. Only time to panic is if she can't breathe then take her straight to the ER.
I am a believer in good quality chicken broth. I always have some in the freezer, and I make it myself.
Literally right now I am making her broth with noodles/carrots/fresh spinach/peas and chicken.
Got a one a day multi also.

Not me.
I take 100mg of Atenonol every day. Which for some, like me, has a side effect of lower body temps.
My average is between 97.1 and 97.5. I am virtually never above 98
Cool..... literally.

Well this is fucked.
I am a believer in good quality chicken broth. I always have some in the freezer, and I make it myself.
Literally right now I am making her broth with noodles/carrots/fresh spinach/peas and chicken.

Multis won't do much. Make sure she gets C, zinc and echinacea. And you too.

Well this is fucked.
No multi's. Straight up Zinc, Vitamin C, Vitamin B12m Vitamin D3. All are gummies or easy melt/easy chew...orange flavor, cherry flavor, etc. The multis mostly have not alot of power where the single 1000 to 3000 mg give more protection per pill.
For achy joints..give her a massage with Arnicare. Its better than aspercreme and will soothe her muscles. DON'T EAT IT. Its made from the Arnica plant. Good stuff but for a topical treatment only. Also check into a humidifyer or vaporizer. Keep her hydrated. Fruits. Or fruit juices good too.

Look at us..being all doctors and nurses, lol. But...its all good advice. Give her our best.

Some good news... although we will not get results from the test till likely Friday, maybe tomorrow.... I have hopeful doubts this is not Covid.
As of 5am she has had no more fever. In fact, she is feeling almost 100%.
So either this is one of the fastest/easiest cases of covid on record... or it is just the flu.
As for myself, I have no symptoms. Fortunately our bedroom is on the opposite side of the house as the other bedrooms/bathroom so she is well sequestered from me.
I miss her though!!!

Forum List

Back