Well looks like people who dont file taxes using direct deposit wont get a check until August

I read in WaPo that folks on SSI would be getting a check. . . which I DO NOT understand why. . . that shit makes no sense.

These folks lose many of their support programs if they have assets over a grand. . . so why would the government give them money?

WTF?! :dunno:
its more than a grand.....
It really depends on the program.

For HUD, it's 1000, for a single person with SSI it is 2 Grand, I am not sure about asset limits for SNAP at the moment. . . nor am I sure about the limits for Lifeline, for I only apply for those programs that I believe I really need. . . I never want to apply for too much assistance for that very reason. For some programs, they even figure in your automobile in as an asset.

You must remember to make the distinction between SSI, SSDI, and SSA, when applying for the various programs.

However, if you have a disability and you have no ability for gainful employment, but are really good at budgeting, this is something that they DO penalize you for saving too much for. Savers are penalized, spenders are rewarded. It is a screwed up system.

They penalize folks for being frugal, and encourage people to spend like drunken idiots to keep their balance at zero.

. . . just like folks living paycheck to paycheck.

Americans live paycheck to paycheck because they don't make enough pay.

Quit bloviating for the wealthy and Corporate America......we don't need your help, we have Republicans!
Millions of folks live paycheck to paycheck because they live way beyond their means.

Like my aunt who works 2 jobs to maintain a car that stays parked and to pay rent for an apt she is never in

Forum List

Back