Well, at least she's honest about whose ass she's kissing

Actually most corporations do pay tax. So the argument they already don't is simply wrong.
The Obama Administration has been absolutely french kissing the ass of the unions this whole time. The Gibson raid was just one example. What have unions done to create jobs? The very opposite. We had a great steel, rail, and auto industry here and every one of them was killed by absurd union demands.

Bachmann said she was "open" to the debate. that doesn't mean she has announced a policy.

So Rabbi, the GAO is lying?
You are also, diverting the point. Unions now make up less than 11% of the total work force and I read an article today that stated that Obama isn't in the back pocket of the unions as much as they would like him to be. But I digress and I'm no fan of Obama fan This isn't about Obama, this is about corporations/companies, using loopholes with the tax structure that allows them to not pay taxes or pay very little in taxes. This is about, even if they officially didn't have to pay taxes in the US, they'd find another reason not to hire in the US. They won't be happy until the US wages are close to third world countries and that's why they aren't hiring in the US.
This why corporations are sitting on trillions of dollars and not hiring/hiring very little in the US and why they are investing and hiring offshore. I guess keeping wages flat for over thirty years isn't good enough for them!

Actually you are.
Plenty of corporations pay taxes. The ones that don't do so because they have no income. Where is anyone cheating here? Where are the prosecutions for tax fraud and evasion?

You read an article today. That sounds like a lie right there.

Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann said Sunday that she was "open" to implementing Sarah Palin's suggestion that all corporate income taxes be abolished.

"I propose to eliminate all federal corporate income tax," Palin had said in a speech to the tea party in Iowa Saturday. "This is how we create millions of high-paying jobs... To eliminate any loss of federal revenues from this tax cut, we eliminate corporate welfare and all the loopholes, and we eliminate all the bailouts."

"We could go that route," Bachmann told CBS' Bob Schieffer Sunday. "If we went that route then we'd have to have a fundamental restructuring of the tax code. I'm open to having that debate... What we do know is that the current corporate tax rate is killing job creation."

Bachmann Open to a '0% Corporate Tax Rate' | Video Cafe

Why is "being open to that debate" considered an endorsement of an idea or an option? She said this in this case and the other day, I think it was you BDB who started a thread about her "being open to" a debate on the possibility of drilling for oil in the Everglades.

I'm not a fan of Bachmann's but I appreciate it when someone says, "I'm willing to discuss" an issue rather than to just slam the door and not listen to people's ideas... um, like the most recent Former Speaker of the House.

Immie

Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann said Sunday that she was "open" to implementing Sarah Palin's suggestion that all corporate income taxes be abolished.

"I propose to eliminate all federal corporate income tax," Palin had said in a speech to the tea party in Iowa Saturday. "This is how we create millions of high-paying jobs... To eliminate any loss of federal revenues from this tax cut, we eliminate corporate welfare and all the loopholes, and we eliminate all the bailouts."

"We could go that route," Bachmann told CBS' Bob Schieffer Sunday. "If we went that route then we'd have to have a fundamental restructuring of the tax code. I'm open to having that debate... What we do know is that the current corporate tax rate is killing job creation."

She's going to eliminate the loopholes to pay for lowering the tax rate to zero??!!

What the fuck!? If your tax liability is zero from the git-go, you don't need any loopholes!!

Un - be - fucking- lievable.

I got the impression that the loopholes she was speaking of was on the personal income tax level not corporate. Therefore she would be switching the tax liability from the corporations to individuals... um more than likely rich individuals.

Somehow, I don't think that will go over to well.

Immie

You are also, diverting the point. Unions now make up less than 11% of the total work force and I read an article today that stated that Obama isn't in the back pocket of the unions as much as they would like him to be. But I digress and I'm no fan of Obama fan This isn't about Obama, this is about corporations/companies, using loopholes with the tax structure that allows them to not pay taxes or pay very little in taxes. This is about, even if they officially didn't have to pay taxes in the US, they'd find another reason not to hire in the US. They won't be happy until the US wages are close to third world countries and that's why they aren't hiring in the US.
This why corporations are sitting on trillions of dollars and not hiring/hiring very little in the US and why they are investing and hiring offshore. I guess keeping wages flat for over thirty years isn't good enough for them!

Obama is NOT in the back pocket of unions? You may want to explain the SPECIAL deal he gave unions in Obamacare then---:cuckoo: Also the only ones that can do road and bridge work in the stimulus bill are UNIONS. Non-union companies need not apply for these jobs. UNIONS are the single largest donor to Obama and Democrats.

But the AFL--CIO has thrown democrats and Obama under the bus as of recent. It appears that they're sick and tired of their policies along with most of the country.

Angry Unions Sever Ties With Democrats, Obama

Having a rough time with reading comprehension, Oreo!
What I posted,,,"I read an article today that stated that Obama isn't in the back pocket of the unions as much as they would like him to be. The article I was referring to is:
Labor unions adjust to new reality under Obama
Labor unions adjust to new reality under Obama - politics - More politics - msnbc.com

Next time, if you're going to comment on a post, try to read it first and digest the content!

From you source, I find this hilarious:

Also, many union leaders are grousing that the president they worked so hard to elect has not focused enough on job creation and other bold plans to get their members back to work.

"Obama campaigned big, but he's governing small," said Larry Hanley, president of the Amalgamated Transit Union.

The bastards leading the unions saddled us with this man and now they want to whine that he isn't kissing their ass! Frigging assholes deserve to be sent home whining. They are as much a part of the problem as the President is. Screw them!

Immie

Actually you are.
Plenty of corporations pay taxes. The ones that don't do so because they have no income. Where is anyone cheating here? Where are the prosecutions for tax fraud and evasion?

they dont make any income so they dont pay any taxes......

im not sure i can express how fucking stupid you look and sound.

If you read that article and came to the conclusion that most corporations do not pay taxes, I'm not sure there is a phrase which expresses how stupid you are much less one that you can comprehend.

Do they REALLY not see that if they hoover all the money out of most of America, there will be no one left to pay for their products and/or services??
Bachman is a nut.

However, do you not see that if liberals tax all the money out of the wealthy, there will be no one left 'to' tax?

Keep raising the corporate tax rates and see how many move overseas. Then we can bitch about those evil cororations moving overseas. :eusa_whistle:

No, but I believe we can charge them tariffs <?> to import here to make up for their absence.

The taxes they paid used to be insane levels higher than now. They didn't all pack up and leave, then.

Keep raising the corporate tax rates and see how many move overseas. Then we can bitch about those evil cororations moving overseas. :eusa_whistle:

No, but I believe we can charge them tariffs <?> to import here to make up for their absence.

The taxes they paid used to be insane levels higher than now. They didn't all pack up and leave, then.

The world economy is not structurally the same as it was in the past. Economic resources aren't as consolidated and are more easily transferable than in the past. The United States doesn't have the same competitive advantages as in the past. Technology has made location much less important and a favorable business environment even more important.

Think about it, how does that help the unemployed and the underemployed?

Really, how does that help anyone. Congress would simply spend that extra revenue on bridges to nowhere and stuff like that.

Immie

Actually you are.

they dont make any income so they dont pay any taxes......

im not sure i can express how fucking stupid you look and sound.

Because you're fucking stupid?
If yo don't make any income, you dont pay taxes. A corporation's job is to minimize its tax liability. They ought to fire their accountants if they end up with any.
None of that is illegal, Scumball. So quit carping.

Sounds like a great idea by Palin and Bachmann

But how bout we do this? Let corporations get unemployment down to 4% and THEN we will cut their taxes.......a little incentive never hurts

But how bout we do this? Let corporations get unemployment down to 4% and THEN we will cut their taxes.......a little incentive never hurts

So you're against cutting taxes in a recession but in favor of it during an expansion.
Where do they teach this crap?

So you're against cutting taxes in a recession but in favor of it during an expansion.
Where do they teach this crap?

I'm for results oriented tax cuts. Show us the results first and then we will cut your taxes

Tired of the same old republican crap of cutting taxes and hoping for results and continuing to cut them even though you get no results

What part of Corporations collect taxes from their consumer's don't you all get?

Last edited:
Her numbers are tanking, but she still thinks she's "in it to win it". Sad, really.

They said the same about McCain at about this time.

she has to beat your man perry...who is basically her with balls.

September 4, 2011

"As Bachmann struggles to maintain her top-tier status among GOP presidential contenders, she is trying to extend the reach of her campaign, meeting with a wider array of groups as well as with mainstream fundraisers. But that effort appears to be a departure for Bachmann, whose political career has not relied on appealing to a broad spectrum of voters."

Michele WHO?????

318.gif

:eusa_whistle:

Keep raising the corporate tax rates and see how many move overseas. Then we can bitch about those evil corporations moving overseas. :eusa_whistle:

How does lowering their taxes to zero help?

We need to start buying products again.
Zero taxes brings the price of the products they sell down.
The less expensive a product is the more people will be able to afford to buy it.
We need to reform our tax code to a flat tax or sales tax.
A sales tax would be harder to do because it would require getting rid of the IRS and the 16th Amendment.

Forum List

Back