Welcome to the new liberal world: Pan handlers now take credit cards and Unionize

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
I wonder when Nancy Pelosi says its good for the economy?

Enterprising homeless man taking donations via credit card

Not having cash won't preclude you from giving to panhandlers if people start taking after Abe Hagenston.
Hagenston, who calls himself "Honest Abe," has been homeless in Detroit, Michigan, for about seven years. Now, he can accept the help of Good Samaritans using a smartphone credit card reader.
"I take VISA, MasterCard, American Express," Hagenston told WWJ. "I'm the only homeless guy in America who can take a credit card. It's all done safely and securely through square.com." Square's card readers cost $10, but come with a $10 redemption code. Vendors pay a $2.75 fee per transaction. Hagenston has recently found another creative way to enhance his survival strategy: He told WWJ that he and a number of other homeless people have organized "like a union" and use shifts to break down everyone's panhandling schedule. And last spring, he developed a website that accepts donations and connects people looking to hire for odd jobs with homeless city dwellers willing to work.

He's helping homeless people find work, and you consider this a bad thing.

The first panhandler that hands me a phone to swipe my credit card will get laughed at.

Republicans sent our jobs over seas and yet they blame the pan handlers to resorting to this line of work>???

Takes some nerve.

BBBBUUUTTTTTTT the unemployment rate is 5%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't make this shit up if you tried

Republicans sent our jobs over seas and yet they blame the pan handlers to resorting to this line of work>???

Takes some nerve.

They should hire those panhandlers to build education, science, and infrastructure

So, again, this guy is enterprising and resourceful and helping other homeless people find work, and the RWs claim this is a bad thing because -?

I wonder when Nancy Pelosi says its good for the economy?

Enterprising homeless man taking donations via credit card

Not having cash won't preclude you from giving to panhandlers if people start taking after Abe Hagenston.
Hagenston, who calls himself "Honest Abe," has been homeless in Detroit, Michigan, for about seven years. Now, he can accept the help of Good Samaritans using a smartphone credit card reader.
"I take VISA, MasterCard, American Express," Hagenston told WWJ. "I'm the only homeless guy in America who can take a credit card. It's all done safely and securely through square.com." Square's card readers cost $10, but come with a $10 redemption code. Vendors pay a $2.75 fee per transaction. Hagenston has recently found another creative way to enhance his survival strategy: He told WWJ that he and a number of other homeless people have organized "like a union" and use shifts to break down everyone's panhandling schedule. And last spring, he developed a website that accepts donations and connects people looking to hire for odd jobs with homeless city dwellers willing to work.

So? Jealous because you didn't think of it first? You like the free marketplace, right? What he is doing isn't illegal, right? Find a new hobby. Anyone can get a MC/Visa merchant account. The problem is the monthly fees are horrendous.

Last edited:

Takes some nerve.

That's right. So Trump has been pretty smart in his rants about China. He's hit a nerve. (Whether he would DO anything about it is a completely different subject.)

Takes some nerve.

That's right. So Trump has been pretty smart in his rants about China. He's hit a nerve. (Whether he would DO anything about it is a completely different subject.)

He could start by bringing his own clothing line back to U.S. manufacture...

getjobs.jpg

As much as these panhandlers have a right to what they are doing, it would be foolish to give them credit card info. They could turn around and post it on the dark web and make millions in about 15 minutes.

The OP would be very good news for the conservatives on this thread, as it means a new income stream for them.

Seriously, you conservatives didn't really expect anyone to believe you've ever held a job, do you?

New Topics

Forum List

Back