Weird Football Day - Lions Beat Cardinals; Saints Shut Out Bucs

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Today was upset day. Few people would have picked the Detroit Lions (worst record in the nfl) to beat the Arizona Cardinals (tied for best record before today), but that's what happened. At least as strange was the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (tied for best record before today) getting beat 9-0 (sounds like baseball score), by the lowly New Orleans Saints.

As a Buc fan, all I can say and think is last year, the Bucs also got trounced by the Saints (38-3) but then went on to win convincingly, over the Green Bay Packers in the NFC championship game, and over the Kansas City Chiefs, in the Super Bowl. Go figure.

Today was upset day. Few people would have picked the Detroit Lions (worst record in the nfl) to beat the Arizona Cardinals (tied for best record before today), but that's what happened. At least as strange was the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (tied for best record before today) getting beat 9-0 (sounds like baseball score), by the lowly New Orleans Saints.

As a Buc fan, all I can say and think is last year, the Bucs also got trounced by the Saints (38-3) but then went on to win convincingly, over the Green Bay Packers in the NFC championship game, and over the Kansas City Chiefs, in the Super Bowl. Go figure.
The Lions smoked the Cardinals. 2 of my favorite team won Sun.

These are the weeks I think not this year for Brady and Rogers looks good but yea, when the playoffs come you got to bet on Brady. And don’t forget mahomes. We can take a poll right now asking who’s gonna win the Super Bowl and most of us will be wrong. Let’s try it.

I say chiefs. But last week I said Arizona.

These are the weeks I think not this year for Brady and Rogers looks good but yea, when the playoffs come you got to bet on Brady. And don’t forget mahomes. We can take a poll right now asking who’s gonna win the Super Bowl and most of us will be wrong. Let’s try it.

I say chiefs. But last week I said Arizona.
I'll take the Bucs, BUT only if they get back the slew of top players who, with injuries, missed part or all of the game against the Saints (Antonio Brown, Mike Evans, Cris Godwin, Leonard Fournette, Mike Edwards, Lavonte David, Jamel Dean, Richard Sherman, Jason Pierre-Paul, Jordan Whitehead, Antoine Winfield Jr., Bradley Pinion.

To be fair, Ronald Jones, (filling in for injured Leonard Fournette), had a good game, with 63 yards on 8 carries (7.9 avg), including one run for 30 yards, which he almost broke for a touchdown. I always liked RoJo. He's a great back-up for Fournette.

You forgot that the Steelers won, against the Titans. Any day that troupe of bums beats anyone is an anomaly.

This Sunday, Kansas City nails Pittsburgh to the wall.

Forum List

Back