WeHave So Much to be Thankful for Today

Cuomo is the worst governor in American history.
The real issue is that many of these politicians have had a lifetime of training. And this is what they are? A person off of skid row can be authoritarian. These people have shown the true hate. The word that we throw around with abandon.

I am thankful to live in a country where the results of an election can be disputed. However it turns out, remember that.
A nation where the People choose, and losers don't get to selectively deny their votes, no matter how many fake, self-serving pretexts they contrive to do so.

We are, indeed, a nation of laws and not of manikins - a blessing, indeed.

The real issue is that many of these politicians have had a lifetime of training. And this is what they are? A person off of skid row can be authoritarian. These people have shown the true hate. The word that we throw around with abandon.
Politicians are all suspect, but it is naïve to mindlessly condemn them wholesale, for they are essential for representational governance and require diligent scrutiny.

Nor is an authoritarian proclivity limited to politicians or skid row bums, and speaking with forked tongue is the lingua franca of charlatans everywhere.

In his book “The Art of the Deal,” Trump wrote, “I play to people’s fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That’s why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular. I call it truthful hyperbole.”
Most of us call it lying, but the dupes are as perennial as the charlatans - as the charlatans are only too well aware:​

Let's not turn this thanksgiving thread into a political foodfight, hmm? No more mentions of politics and politicians if you please. Mods, a little extra moderation as warranted.

Let's not turn this thanksgiving thread into a political foodfight, hmm? No more mentions of politics and politicians if you please. Mods, a little extra moderation as warranted.
1606411393902.png

Politicians are all suspect, but it is naïve to mindlessly condemn them wholesale, for they are essential for representational governance and require diligent scrutiny.

Nor is an authoritarian proclivity limited to politicians or skid row bums, and speaking with forked tongue is the lingua franca of charlatans everywhere.

In his book “The Art of the Deal,” Trump wrote, “I play to people’s fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That’s why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular. I call it truthful hyperbole.”
Most of us call it lying, but the dupes are as perennial as the charlatans - as the charlatans are only too well aware:​

You obviously never played sports. Too bad for you because it promotes physical health, develops character and shows how to deal with outcomes with dignity.
Truthful hyperbole is motivational speak. Dishonest people hypocritically call it lying.

Truthful hyperbole is motivational speak.
False "hyperbole" - lies - can, unfortunately, be swallowed by naïve dupes as if it they were literally true, and the charlatan, obviously, pretends his lies are true.

Savvy folks, who require credible evidence to support a charlatan's "hyperbole", recognize them as lies. The dupes will swallow the lies without credible evidence. They will swallow their charlatan's most outrageous lies, even when he brazenly proclaims that is exactly what they will do.

The charlatan views his dupes as small-mined people who crave his "fantasies" - his false "big ideas." He knows what they "want" to believe, and he gives it to them.

“I play to people’s fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they
can still get very excited by those who do. ... People want to believe... ”

Last edited:
Truthful hyperbole is motivational speak.
False "hyperbole" - lies - can, unfortunately, be swallowed by naïve dupes as if it they were literally true, and the charlatan, obviously, pretends his lies are true.

Savvy folks, who require credible evidence to support a charlatan's "hyperbole", recognize them as lies. The dupes will swallow the lies without credible evidence. They will swallow their charlatan's most outrageous lies, even when he brazenly proclaims that is exactly what they will do.

The charlatan views his dupes as small-mined people who crave his "fantasies" - his false "big ideas." He knows what they "want" to believe, and he gives it to them.

“I play to people’s fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they
can still get very excited by those who do. ... People want to believe... ”

So you never played sports.

You could believe about Trump all you want. But there is one thing. The man has an ego. He loves to have it gratified. Many people do really. He mad promises to his agendas. That was the real meat and potatoes. A President does not get everything. But he got a good amount done. There was some with limited success though. You never got by the persona of Trump. It was the agendas. He wouldn't have done much at all if he was what you spouted. Now if Biden comes in, there is going to be almost pure kiss ass on he and his administration.

Joe Biden supposedly won the state of Nevada’s six Electoral College votes by about 30,000 votes.
But the Trump campaign alleged widespread fraud and irregularities centered on Nevada’s shady scheme to mail out unsolicited ballots to every voter on the rolls.
On Wednesday, the Trump campaign won a major victory allowing the Trump campaign to present evidence and depose witnesses to make its case to prove voter fraud in Nevada.
President Trump’s chief of staff Mark Meadows announced the good news.
BIG news in Nevada: a Judge has allowed NV Republicans to present findings of widespread voter fraud in a Dec. 3rd hearing. Americans will now hear evidence from those who saw firsthand what happened—a critical step for transparency and remedying illegal ballots. Stay tuned.
— Mark Meadows (@MarkMeadows) November 25, 2020
President Trump’s campaign alleged voters not living in Nevada voted, dead people voted and others voted multiple times.
The campaign’s lawyers claim once they can present their evidence, the results in Nevada will be overturned and Nevada placed in President Trump’s column.

So you never played sports.
So, when I present documented statements that expose what you need to avoid, you desperately attempt to contrive an irrelevant diversion rather than honestly confront the substance.

You failed.
No, I offered an element of perspective that’s apparently beyond your scope.
Your standard for lying would have resulted in calling Mike Krysheski a liar when he told his team, down by one with 2 seconds to play in the 1992 NCAA regional final, that they were ‘going to win this game’ had Laettner missed that last shot.

Forum List

Back