Week 14 NFL picks

Montrovant

Fuzzy bears!
May 4, 2009
A Picturesque Apocalypse
Thu Dec 6
8:20 pm Jacksonville Jaguars Tennessee Titans - Flip of a coin here
Sun Dec 9
1:00 pm Atlanta Falcons Green Bay Packers - Coaching change lights a fire under Green Bay
1:00 pm Baltimore Ravens Kansas City Chiefs - Ravens can't keep up
1:00 pm Carolina Panthers Cleveland Browns - Surprisingly difficult pick, Panthers on a skid
1:00 pm Indianapolis Colts Houston Texans - Texans win on a last minute FG
1:00 pm Los Angeles Rams Chicago Bears - If Trubisky plays the Bears might have a chance
1:00 pm New England Patriots Miami Dolphins - Even in an off year, Pats can take Miami late in the season
1:00 pm New Orleans Saints Tampa Bay Buccaneers - This shouldn't be close
1:00 pm New York Giants Washington Redskins - Giants are on a bit of a roll, Skins are not
1:00 pm New York Jets Buffalo Bills - Hard to trust either team, Bills at home
4:05 pm Cincinnati Bengals Los Angeles Chargers - Bengals are pretty bad
4:05 pm Denver Broncos San Francisco 49ers - 49ers seem to have given up
4:25 pm Detroit Lions Arizona Cardinals - Can't see the Cards winning 2 in a row
4:25 pm Philadelphia Eagles Dallas Cowboys - Most important game of the week. Dallas D too much for Philly
8:20 pm Pittsburgh Steelers Oakland Raiders - Oakland just isn't a good team
Mon Dec 10 8:15 pm
Minnesota Vikings Seattle Seahawks - Could go either way, Seattle gets home edge

Thu Dec 6
Sun Dec 9
1:00 pm Atlanta Falcons Green Bay Packers - Coaching change lights a fire under Green Bay
1:00 pm Carolina Panthers Cleveland Browns - Surprisingly difficult pick, Panthers on a skid
1:00 pm Los Angeles Rams Chicago Bears - If Trubisky plays the Bears might have a chance
1:00 pm New England Patriots Miami Dolphins - Even in an off year, Pats can take Miami late in the season
1:00 pm New York Giants Washington Redskins - Giants are on a bit of a roll, Skins are not
4:25 pm Detroit Lions Arizona Cardinals - Can't see the Cards winning 2 in a row
4:25 pm Philadelphia Eagles Dallas Cowboys - Most important game of the week. Dallas D too much for Philly
Minnesota Vikings Seattle Seahawks - Could go either way, Seattle gets home edge
I’ll go against you every game except surprisingly I’ll say the lions, my lions, will lose. I want a good draft pick.

Thu Dec 6
Sun Dec 9
I’ll go against you every game except surprisingly I’ll say the lions, my lions, will lose. I want a good draft pick.

I'd be happy for you to be right, since that would mean the Niners win. :D

Thu Dec 6
Sun Dec 9
Down to the 4th quarter of the season already. Lots of teams trying to position themselves for the playoffs. It'll be interesting how certain teams do this last month of the season.

Thursday Night game
Jags at Titans --- Jags defense finally woke up last week and had a shutout. Unfortunately, their offense still sucks. I'm going with the Titans at home.

Sunday Games
Jets at Bills --- Couple teams going nowhere. Bills at home.

Giants at Redskins --- Skins down to third string QB Sanchez. Too bad, because they had a good shot at the division. Going with Giants.

Saints at Succaneers --- After losing a shocker to Dallas, Saints will probably crush the defenseless Succaneers.

Pats at Dolphins --- Three of the next four games for the Pats are weak divisional opponents. They have to go to the Steelers in a week, but that's the only real hurdle.

Ravens at Chefs --- Ravens just a half game behind the Steelers. Their defense is good enough to make some stops, but I doubt their offense will be able to keep up. Chefs at home.

Colts at Texans --- Texassans quietly having a great season. They could wind up 13-3. They should handle the Colts at home.

Failcons at Pukers --- Pukers seem to be a team in turmoil. If the lowly Cards can beat them, I think the Failcons stand a good chance to beat them too.

Panthers at Browns --- The way the Panthers have been fucking up lately, it's hard to pick them to win. I think they will win this week though. They are playing for their playoff lives now, although I think they are realistically out of contention.

Broncos at Whiners --- Going with Broncos.

Bungles at Chargers --- Chargers have been playing great. If the Chefs make a misstep, the Chargers might take the AFC-W.

Kitties at Cards --- I'll go with the Kitties. Neither team is going anywhere.

Steelers at Raiders --- Steelers better turn shit around this week, because it gets tough the next couple weeks.

Iggles at Cowpies --- Cowpies playing very well defensively.

Rams at Bears --- I think the Rams are just on cruise control. They'll probably go 15-1. I'll be really surprised if the Bears can keep up with or without Trubisky.

Monday Night game
Vikes at Seachix --- Both teams playing for their lives. Vikes have a little bit more on the line as they could potentially win the NFC-N if they win out and the Bears lose to the Rams. Both teams could likely still wind up as wildcard teams though. Going with Vikings on the road.

Thu Dec 6
Sun Dec 9

I'd be happy for you to be right, since that would mean the Niners win. :D

WTH's happening to Denver? Being shutout so far? Wow! They'll beat the Steelers & Chargers, then drop one to a backup QB @ 49r's! Now I see the Steelers dropped a lead in the 4th to the Raiders! :aargh: :dunno: :lame2:

Last edited:
Well The Bears acquitted themselves quite well on Nat'l TV beating The Rams definitively! The defense was reminiscent of '85 with sacks and interceptions as sweeteners to this colossal win! GB can forget coming back to snatch it away; the division is Chgo's! :113: :2up: :beer: :rolleyes:

Well The Bears acquitted themselves quite well on Nat'l TV beating The Rams definitively! The defense was reminiscent of '85 with sacks and interceptions as sweeteners to this colossal win! GB can forget coming back to snatch it away; the division is Chgo's! :113: :2up: :beer: :rolleyes:
That defense is no joke. Proven tonight against one of the best offenses in the league.

Everyone said the Chiefs would be in trouble when facing a good defense.

Last night wasn't pretty but the best defense in the NFL was bested last night.

SUPERBOWL OR BUST!

A few crazy games this week. That last play in Miami was ridiculous. That's what happens when you put Gronk out there to try to bat down a Hail Mary and he's instead made to try tackling a fast, elusive back like Kenyon Drake.

The Rams get held to 6 points? I knew the Bears D was good, but they played amazingly.

The 49ers and Raiders both won against teams with playoff aspirations. Denver is more on the bubble than the Steelers, but still surprising that the bottom dwellers both got victories.

A few crazy games this week. That last play in Miami was ridiculous. That's what happens when you put Gronk out there to try to bat down a Hail Mary and he's instead made to try tackling a fast, elusive back like Kenyon Drake.

The Rams get held to 6 points? I knew the Bears D was good, but they played amazingly.

The 49ers and Raiders both won against teams with playoff aspirations. Denver is more on the bubble than the Steelers, but still surprising that the bottom dwellers both got victories.

Belichick is always trying to prove a point or make an example of someone! Lately it's been burning him on the arse going back to pulling a seasoned cornerback at the beginning of the Super Bowl against Phili last Feb.! Idiotic unless he's purposely sabotaging the team! :19: :2cents::abgg2q.jpg:

Thursday Night game
Jags at Titans --- Jags defense finally woke up last week and had a shutout. Unfortunately, their offense still sucks. I'm going with the Titans at home. --- Check

Sunday Games
Jets at Bills --- Couple teams going nowhere. Bills at home. --- Nope.

Giants at Redskins --- Skins down to third string QB Sanchez. Too bad, because they had a good shot at the division. Going with Giants. --- Check.

Saints at Succaneers --- After losing a shocker to Dallas, Saints will probably crush the defenseless Succaneers. --- Check

Pats at Dolphins --- Three of the next four games for the Pats are weak divisional opponents. They have to go to the Steelers in a week, but that's the only real hurdle. --- Nope. Pats lose on freak last play of game.

Ravens at Chefs --- Ravens just a half game behind the Steelers. Their defense is good enough to make some stops, but I doubt their offense will be able to keep up. Chefs at home. --- Check.

Colts at Texans --- Texassans quietly having a great season. They could wind up 13-3. They should handle the Colts at home. --- Nope.

Failcons at Pukers --- Pukers seem to be a team in turmoil. If the lowly Cards can beat them, I think the Failcons stand a good chance to beat them too. --- Nope.

Panthers at Browns --- The way the Panthers have been fucking up lately, it's hard to pick them to win. I think they will win this week though. They are playing for their playoff lives now, although I think they are realistically out of contention. --- Nope. Panthers continue freefall.

Broncos at Whiners --- Going with Broncos. --- Nope.

Bungles at Chargers --- Chargers have been playing great. If the Chefs make a misstep, the Chargers might take the AFC-W. --- Check

Kitties at Cards --- I'll go with the Kitties. Neither team is going anywhere. --- Check

Steelers at Raiders --- Steelers better turn shit around this week, because it gets tough the next couple weeks. --- Nope. Steelers lose 3 in a row.

Iggles at Cowpies --- Cowpies playing very well defensively. --- Check

Rams at Bears --- I think the Rams are just on cruise control. They'll probably go 15-1. I'll be really surprised if the Bears can keep up with or without Trubisky. --- Nope. Huge shocker as Rams held to a couple field goals.

Monday Night game
Vikes at Seachix --- Both teams playing for their lives. Vikes have a little bit more on the line as they could potentially win the NFC-N if they win out and the Bears lose to the Rams. Both teams could likely still wind up as wildcard teams though. Going with Vikings on the road. --- Nope. Defense showed up big in this game. Unfortunately, it was mostly the Seachix defense although both defenses played well.

7-9 this week. Lots of upsets.

Thursday Night game
Jags at Titans --- Jags defense finally woke up last week and had a shutout. Unfortunately, their offense still sucks. I'm going with the Titans at home. --- Check

Sunday Games
Jets at Bills --- Couple teams going nowhere. Bills at home. --- Nope.

Giants at Redskins --- Skins down to third string QB Sanchez. Too bad, because they had a good shot at the division. Going with Giants. --- Check.

Saints at Succaneers --- After losing a shocker to Dallas, Saints will probably crush the defenseless Succaneers. --- Check

Pats at Dolphins --- Three of the next four games for the Pats are weak divisional opponents. They have to go to the Steelers in a week, but that's the only real hurdle. --- Nope. Pats lose on freak last play of game.

Ravens at Chefs --- Ravens just a half game behind the Steelers. Their defense is good enough to make some stops, but I doubt their offense will be able to keep up. Chefs at home. --- Check.

Colts at Texans --- Texassans quietly having a great season. They could wind up 13-3. They should handle the Colts at home. --- Nope.

Failcons at Pukers --- Pukers seem to be a team in turmoil. If the lowly Cards can beat them, I think the Failcons stand a good chance to beat them too. --- Nope.

Panthers at Browns --- The way the Panthers have been fucking up lately, it's hard to pick them to win. I think they will win this week though. They are playing for their playoff lives now, although I think they are realistically out of contention. --- Nope. Panthers continue freefall.

Broncos at Whiners --- Going with Broncos. --- Nope.

Bungles at Chargers --- Chargers have been playing great. If the Chefs make a misstep, the Chargers might take the AFC-W. --- Check

Kitties at Cards --- I'll go with the Kitties. Neither team is going anywhere. --- Check

Steelers at Raiders --- Steelers better turn shit around this week, because it gets tough the next couple weeks. --- Nope. Steelers lose 3 in a row.

Iggles at Cowpies --- Cowpies playing very well defensively. --- Check

Rams at Bears --- I think the Rams are just on cruise control. They'll probably go 15-1. I'll be really surprised if the Bears can keep up with or without Trubisky. --- Nope. Huge shocker as Rams held to a couple field goals.

Monday Night game
Vikes at Seachix --- Both teams playing for their lives. Vikes have a little bit more on the line as they could potentially win the NFC-N if they win out and the Bears lose to the Rams. Both teams could likely still wind up as wildcard teams though. Going with Vikings on the road. --- Nope. Defense showed up big in this game. Unfortunately, it was mostly the Seachix defense although both defenses played well.

7-9 this week. Lots of upsets.

8-8 for me. Very odd week.

Forum List

Back