Weather channel reporter on the beach

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
You gotta feel sorry for the weather guy dressed in his rain suit and cap predicting disaster while surfers are frolicking in the background and people are strolling the beach in Florida. Maybe next time.

I have personally witnessed them hyping a hurricane. Been through a lot of hurricanes. The only one they did not hype enough was Michael. That one was beyond anything I ever went through.

I have personally witnessed them hyping a hurricane. Been through a lot of hurricanes. The only one they did not hype enough was Michael. That one was beyond anything I ever went through.

I live on the west end of PCB and we didnt get much. My RV was in Tallahassee for football season. That storm went straight up the middle and didn't harm either one. Im one lucky guy

What does it cost for the WC to put a crew with tech support on a freaking beach in Florida and point out the waves and 30 mph winds while Floridians are struggling with the restrictions related to the Corona virus? Don't they get it?

what does it cost for

I live on the west end of PCB and we didnt get much. My RV was in Tallahassee for football season. That storm went straight up the middle and didn't harm either one. Im one lucky guy
I was not so lucky. We were without power for 28 days and the town was flooded and smashed. Two giant live oaks went down in the yard and a sizable pecan fell on the house.

same thing down here after Ike and Harvy. After Ike they would take turns reporting infront of trash piles. Harvy they were worse. Them and the Cajun Navy got bitched at allot be ause they were always under foot and getting in the way

There were some mean storms in the past for sure but this don't seem to be one of them but it gets the same coverage. I watched the WC studio recite the "wind gusts" off this thing about 35-50 mph as if it's news.

We got not a damn thing from that storm. Oh! A little cool breeze and light rain..Mmm.

One of the weather channels has established a new way to categorize the impact of severe storms and hurricanes and it makes sense. Instead of using the intensity of the wind alone to grade a hurricane it takes into account the effect the rain and the storm surge and the damage. The infamous tropical storm named Sandy wasn't even technically a hurricane but it ranks on the top as a #5 for damage.

You gotta feel sorry for the weather guy dressed in his rain suit and cap predicting disaster while surfers are frolicking in the background and people are strolling the beach in Florida. Maybe next time.
I don't feel sorry for them, they signed up for that silly shit.

I just watch it for that inevitable day when one of those fools gets clocked by some flying debris.

I don't feel sorry for them, they signed up for that silly shit.

I just watch it for that inevitable day when one of those fools gets clocked by some flying debris.
You only see the reporter but you don't see the little army that keeps him/her on the air including security and technical. They are going to continue to look pretty no matter what even if they have to create drama.

I didn't receive so much as a drop of rain, myself.

….but this is Oregon. Just don't ask me any time between October and May.

What does it cost for the WC to put a crew with tech support on a freaking beach in Florida and point out the waves and 30 mph winds while Floridians are struggling with the restrictions related to the Corona virus? Don't they get it?

what does it cost for
Next to nothing, cost wise. A couple of airline tickets and a data connection.

what does it cost for
Next to nothing, cost wise. A couple of airline tickets and a data connection.
Airline tickets and maybe a helicopter hop gets the pop-weather people to the location and then the hard stuff starts. Sound people, security, satcom trucks and camera people desperately trying to avoid the folks strolling on the beach and the surfer dudes enjoying the waves while they focus on the palms that aren't quite swaying enough. .

Forum List

Back