We wuz wrong on Covid

Actually, no scientist agree with the lock down.
All scientists know that all epidemics are ended by herd immunity, which happens when the spike uses up all the readily available local hosts too quickly.
But "flattening the curve" deliberately prevents that and makes any minor epidemic last essentially FOREVER.
What you negate about herd immunity is in cases like the black plague, it cost europe 1/3rd of it's population to get there.

No, the massive losses from Bubonic Plague were not due to herd immunity failures, but the fact it was supported mostly by a large rodent host population, and spread by a large flea and tick population.
Essentially everyone then got infected because they did not know about these 2 main vectors and did nothing to reduce them.

However, even though a third of the population died, herd immunity as still the hero because the fact anyone at all survived, showed that most humans had to already have immunity to Bubonic Plague. Since everyone was exposed to the fleas carrying the illness, humans would have died out and gone extinct if no one was inherently immune.

Herd immunity does not work well with rodents or fleas, that have very fast reproduction cycles.

Just a slight fever. 100 f. It felt like a bad cold with a lot of coughing that kept getting worse. That is why I did not take it to seriously. But about the fourth day I was real bad off .Like a 24 hour type of flu virus. Over the counter medicine did not work. The congestion and coughing got worse. the next morning I knew I was in bad trouble. I collapsed twice and my breathing was shallow. I lay on the floor called 911. They got to the emergency room just as my lungs stopped working and I passed out.
This is absolutely horrible, it seems that there are several severity of covid, I mean a person react differentely with covid as a friend of my he got the covid and he coughed a lot and at night he was having anxiety attacks and after a few days he was better all this is strange at least I find .

No, that is what all the covid-19 victims I have talked to also describe.
It is just a cough and maybe slight fever for a few days.
Almost no one has the lung and breathing issues.
That is the over reaction by the immune system.

Lockdowns, as last resort should be reconfigured.... we do need to learn from what we went thru, and document when and what, we did at different stages that worked or didn't work, and why.

As example, imo....it is small businesses that should be allowed to stay opened and the Big Boxes shut down, but available for online shopping.

We had just the opposite....mom and pops were hurt when they would have had more control over a safer environment for customers while big box stores and grocers had hordes of people in them.

Unfortunately there is a certain economy of scale. The little ma and pa stores suffer from lack of staff. They don't have the extra manpower needed to enact coronavirus measures, like disinfecting every day, or monitoring shoppers for mask compliance, or controlling the number of people in the store. The larger stores had people at the doors counting occupants, and security guards enforcing mask requirements.

Small groceries could not afford to add that many staff.

Likely the "daily disinfecting" was pointless.
You can't disinfect product in a grocery store, and you constantly see people pick things up, read the ingredients or instructions, and put them back. That include produce.

Likely counting customers was pointless, as most aisles are empty, and the ones like produce, dairy, and meat, have almost all the customers crowded together. Density is the same no matter how many you restrict.

Just a slight fever. 100 f. It felt like a bad cold with a lot of coughing that kept getting worse. That is why I did not take it to seriously. But about the fourth day I was real bad off .Like a 24 hour type of flu virus. Over the counter medicine did not work. The congestion and coughing got worse. the next morning I knew I was in bad trouble. I collapsed twice and my breathing was shallow. I lay on the floor called 911. They got to the emergency room just as my lungs stopped working and I passed out.
This is absolutely horrible, it seems that there are several severity of covid, I mean a person react differentely with covid as a friend of my he got the covid and he coughed a lot and at night he was having anxiety attacks and after a few days he was better all this is strange at least I find .

For less severe cases, headache, runny nose, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, chest pain, muscle pain.
in the case of the more severe cases of Covid have high fever, difficulty breathing, kidney lung failure.

symptome covid.png

For less severe cases, headache, runny nose, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, chest pain, muscle pain.
in the case of the more severe cases of Covid have high fever, difficulty breathing, kidney lung failure.

View attachment 448654

Important to understand that the covid virus itself is VERY localized.
It does not and can not leave the external air passages of the sinuses and lungs.
It can not get into the digestive system, heart, head, or anywhere else.
So then why are people getting headaches, fever, muscle aches, upset stomachs, etc.,?
Those symptoms are entirely due to the over reaction by the immune system.
For example, a fever is created by the immune system in order to raise the body temperature to the point it kills most viruses. The only problem with covid is that since it evolved with bats, it is able to survive the high temperatures of a bat in flight.

New Topics

Forum List

Back