CDZ WE the people have a significant number of rights that should not be violated

The state does not exist to ensure, much less provide, equity.
It exists to protect your rights, including the right te pursue happiness.
Inherent to this is the idea that -you- are doing the running.

Since the state now enforces property rights that are not based on fairness of what anyone one has produced, then the state does have some obligation towards opportunity.
A landlord claims some properties are his.
But he did not make them or the land it is on, nor the trees or other resources that went into them.

Since the state now enforces property rights that are not based on fairness of what anyone one has produced, then the state does have some obligation towards opportunity.
Please demonstrate the necessary relationships to these two concepts,
The fact someone was unfair to you in no way means the state should force someone else to provide the means to make up for it.
Why?
Because the state exists to protect your rights, not compensate you for your mistakes.
A landlord claims some properties are his.
His name is in the deed - how is his claim illegitimate?

You can lower tuition by simply capping the income of the professors and Universities.

What I hear from you is you are whining because it's to hard to do these things and I want it to be easy.

Again, I only paid $100/semester when I started in-state college in 1970.
Now it is more like $15,000/semester.
That is at least 150 times higher than normal inflation.

So this has nothing to do with professor incomes.

Nonsense. Societies owe nothing to anyone that is not earned.

What's that have to do with your college and PhD?

If that were true, then society would be worthless.

The personal story was to point out that while it is possible to get ahead without being born to it, it is far more difficult.
And that inequity is a bad ideal.
It is inherently unfair.
All should start with the same opportunities.

Again, I only paid $100/semester when I started in-state college in 1970.
Now it is more like $15,000/semester.
That is at least 150 times higher than normal inflation.

So this has nothing to do with professor incomes.
It has everything to do with professor incomes and institutional fees.

When you make money freely available without fear of that income stream ever drying up, the prices will rise faster than a helium balloon.

so what???

dont like it work harder and get rich

You are still ignoring the whole point and assuming I am talking about my personal greed.
I'm not.
I am 71, I am wealthy, I have college degrees.
I am not talking about me.
The point is the game is rigged, unfair, shrinking, and those playing it unfairly are going to get killed if they do not knock it off.

Wrong.
Not only is homesteading easy, it is fun.
Far more fun than memorizing Latin conjugations or calculus.
yep youre a fucking idiot,,
I own a 12 acre homestead and its far from easy and seldom fun,,

I just cleaned out the chicken coup and that was far from fun,,

You are still ignoring the whole point and assuming I am talking about my personal greed.
I'm not.
I am 71, I am wealthy, I have college degrees.
I am not talking about me.
The point is the game is rigged, unfair, shrinking, and those playing it unfairly are going to get killed if they do not knock it off.
bring it on bitch,,

OMG. Are you seriously ignorant of what life was like in the past?

Wrong.
I have lived long enough to have experienced both, and had relatives to fill me in going back over 150 years.
You are wrong.
People enjoyed life more in the past.
It was simpler, less stressful, and there were more alternatives.

Wrong.
Not only is homesteading easy, it is fun.
Far more fun than memorizing Latin conjugations or calculus.
So much fun that you had to work from before the sun rose to tend to any livestock you have and then work in the fields for the food you were dependant upon for the winter. And if a blight or a storm destroyed that crop, you risked starvation if you couldn't get an emergency crop in the ground in time to harvest it.

Then after all that you have to tend to your livestock again in the evening, maybe try your luck at hunting for some fresh meat all before you had to get inside to do the work of carving out furniture, or repairs to the house/hovel you lived in.

You had to have 4 or 6 children because the odds were very favorable that 4 of them would die before they reached the age of 12, and three of those four would be dead by age 3.

You just don't know what you are talking about.

Wrong.
I have lived long enough to have experienced both, and had relatives to fill me in going back over 150 years.
You are wrong.
People enjoyed life more in the past.
It was simpler, less stressful, and there were more alternatives.
I think I'm just going to call you a liar and leave it at that.

You clearly are lying right now.

It has everything to do with professor incomes and institutional fees.

When you make money freely available without fear of that income stream ever drying up, the prices will rise faster than a helium balloon.

No one said free money.
I was talking about opportunity in general, and low cost tuition in particular.
A slight subsidy on low tuition is not at all unreasonable, and greatly enhances society.

yep youre a fucking idiot,,
I own a 12 acre homestead and its far from easy and seldom fun,,

I just cleaned out the chicken coup and that was far from fun,,

Wrong.
I have cleaned chicken coups, and it is relatively fun compared to what people have to do these days, like assembly lines, fast food, etc.
If it was not fun to you, you would be doing something else.

New Topics

Forum List

Back