We Still Owe You One, Mahmoud

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
What do you think??I think the same...

November 14th, 2006 8:36 pm
Ever since he took office, there’s been speculation that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, was involved in the 1979 seizure of the American embassy in Tehran. Now, it appears the Russian newspaper Kommersant has stumbled upon more evidence http://www.kommersant.com/p720961/Amadinejad_seizure_American_embassy/ to back up the rumors.

X20061113001_l.jpg

The photographs in the archives of the AP and the AFP helped to narrow down the location of the action captured on one of the rolls of film to alongside the walls of the American embassy in Tehran when it was being seized by radical Iranian students on November 4, 1979. Evil rumor has long maintained that units from the Iranian special forces played a leading role in the storming of the embassy and that the students were just pawns used to paint the operation as unofficial. Whatever the case may be, we talked to people who served in Tehran and know the city well, and they said that the Soviet photographer appears to have walked along the southern wall of the American embassy from west to east before turning around and retracing his steps, apparently returning to the Soviet embassy.

All that remained was the carefully scrutinize the film. The majority of the pictures were an original report on a street demonstration in honor of the seizure of the “den of the enemy.” But among the many photographs filled with crowds of people, one stood out. Taken from a respectable distance and from behind a barrier, it shows a young man with an automatic submachine gun – presumably one of the participants in the storming of the embassy. Not just anyone from the crowd, however: his submachine gun has a factory casing, as opposed to the more common wood-paneled submachine guns brandished by the students in the other pictures. The young man is standing, leaning tiredly against the wall of the embassy. And when the picture is enlarged, his face comes to closely resemble that of current Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Looks like we have a winner.
ahmadinejad79.jpg

According to Kommersant:

Five former American hostages confirmed that Ahmadinejad as one of their captors. William J. Daugherty, a former intelligence officer, said he saw Ahmadinejad 8 to 10 times at the start of his captivity: “I recognized him right off. … I remember so much his hatred of Americans. It just emanated from every pore of his body.”

BBC correspondent John Simpson recalled seeing Ahmadinejad on the embassy grounds. Abholhassan Bani-Sadr, a former president of Iran long living in exile, asserted that Ahmadinejad “was among those inside the Embassy.”

American Embassies are considered American soil and attacking our embassy was an act of war. So we still owe you one, Mahmoud.
http://www.texasrainmaker.com/2006/11/14/we-still-owe-you-one-mahmoud/

well they certainly look a like. Im not saying he wasnt there but dont the photos look alittle too alike? I mean if he was there 30 years ago why does he still look like an old man in the early picture.. maybe its just the beard.

well they certainly look a like. Im not saying he wasnt there but dont the photos look alittle too alike? I mean if he was there 30 years ago why does he still look like an old man in the early picture.. maybe its just the beard.

Doesn't matter. We should have kicked Iran's ass then, and every day since. Hell, my initial reason for joining the Corps was because I was convinved we were going to war with Iran. Guess I WAY overestimated Carter's balls.

Doesn't matter. We should have kicked Iran's ass then, and every day since. Hell, my initial reason for joining the Corps was because I was convinved we were going to war with Iran. Guess I WAY overestimated Carter's balls.

I though Pres Bush wouldn't hesitate to use "force" IF necessary to crush Iran's nuclear ambitions.

Ever since he took office, there’s been speculation that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, was involved in the 1979 seizure of the American embassy in Tehran. ....
I'm sure its him, but so what? We know the man is a serious threat to civilizaton. What I don't understand is why we just didn't have the Mafia capture him and Chavez when they were giving us the finger at the UN last month, and bury them at the bottom of some swamp in New Jersey.

Am I missing something here?

I want anwser?? what you mean????

"Patience pays"

What I said was in reference to what the outgoing Israeli Ambassador in Washington D.C said to the media "I have had the privilege of knowing Pres. Bush very well and I know that he will use force if necessary to subdue Iran's nuclear ambitions".

Thats all I meant to say.

Akshay

I'm sure its him, but so what? We know the man is a serious threat to civilizaton. What I don't understand is why we just didn't have the Mafia capture him and Chavez when they were giving us the finger at the UN last month, and bury them at the bottom of some swamp in New Jersey.

Am I missing something here?

My sentiments exactly Glockmail.

Akshay

I honestly have no idea why we didn't go to war with them. Taking Americans as hostages = decleration of war. Atleast thats how it was back when the Brits took our people prisoner while they were sailing across the atlantic.

New Topics

Forum List

Back