We Spend Too Much On Defense/Military

We never said that the defense contracts were perfect. But your generalized statement once again showed that your arguement would have no validity as presented. Now if you would say that there were aspects of the defense budget that could be further screwtinized then I would agree but the genereal statement that we spend to much money on defense is in and of itself a ridiculous statement seeing as how our defense forces are the very center of this country and the world!

We spend too much on defense and there are aspects of the defense budget that need to be further screwtinized!!!

As president, Jefferson again tried to revive his argument. He slashed the size of the army to just over 3000 soldiers, closing forts and cutting costs. But he couldn't kill off the army altogether, because the citizen's militia had never been formalized at a federal level.

ThomHartmann.com - Time To Reconsider Jefferson's Call For Universal Service

This guy is wrong on so many levels. Here's one:

We should institute a universal draft in the United States, with a strong public service option - from planting trees to assisting in schools to helping in hospitals - easily and readily available for those young people who don't want to go into the military.

This guy has been reading the Communist Manifesto again...

We spend too much on defense and there are aspects of the defense budget that need to be further screwtinized!!!

"screw" is exactly what you want to do to the military and all who support it...of that I am certain.

By the way, just about any government run organization or program could use more scrutiny to include the handouts and entitlements which you and other libs on this board seem to favor. Lets take a good hard look at Barney Frank and his buddies and their involvement with real estate institutions for starters and then move to federal funding for public schools. Let's take a look at all those government employees working on federally funded social programs and make sure they are being paid a minimum wage and not one penny more. after all, we don't want anyone getting too rich, do we?

Andrew, I know. I divided Sealy's $100 Trillion figure by 8, and came up with $12.5 Trillion per year, which is obviously incorrect. I'll use some sort of smiley from now on to indicate anything meant in jest.

no I don't mind the welfare person getting a check so he/she can support the family while they go to work.

What pisses me off is the person who has 11 kids, no job, does drugs, and does nothing to improve their life getting welfare.

100 trillion? why not a zillion

I mean hell you are just throwing out numbers.

Well you guys say they can never spend enough so....

As you well know, in a time of war, it is critical for senior officials to visibly prioritize the needs of the men and women on the frontline because it is the right thing to do and for reasons of morale. Yet an egregious failure of leadership has come to our attention that involves breathtaking extravagance when every dollar needs to be wisely spent in a time of war.

At a cost of millions of dollars, the highest levels of the Air Force have emphasized two little-known programs to build “world-class” luxury aircraft accommodations for military and senior civilian leaders under the justification of a “deficiency gap.” These accommodations do not provide any additional operational capabilities (e.g. communications advantages) beyond those currently existing, according to contract documents. Funding for these programs was requested in the recently passed Global War On Terrorism (GWOT) supplemental.

POGO Letter to DoD Secretary Robert Gates regarding extravagant "Senior Leader In-Transit Comfort Capsules"

"screw" is exactly what you want to do to the military and all who support it...of that I am certain.

By the way, just about any government run organization or program could use more scrutiny to include the handouts and entitlements which you and other libs on this board seem to favor. Lets take a good hard look at Barney Frank and his buddies and their involvement with real estate institutions for starters and then move to federal funding for public schools. Let's take a look at all those government employees working on federally funded social programs and make sure they are being paid a minimum wage and not one penny more. after all, we don't want anyone getting too rich, do we?

Just as long as you realize that not only does your side have their collective hands out looking for entitlements, they actually take more.

Did you read the story I posted about the pimped out airplanes the airforce wanted? So you want to compare some poor government employee making a little more than minimum wage to the airforce spending millions of dollars on shit they don't need?

Just as long as you realize that not only does your side have their collective hands out looking for entitlements, they actually take more.

Did you read the story I posted about the pimped out airplanes the airforce wanted? So you want to compare some poor government employee making a little more than minimum wage to the airforce spending millions of dollars on shit they don't need?

hey, I'm on your side...didn't you read my post? Disband the military completely....this country doesn't deserve one anyway.

By the way, when you show me a link where military spending outweighs everything else, you might have a case...and I do mean EVERYTHING else.

I also find it interesting that you find national defense an "entitlement".

hey, I'm on your side...didn't you read my post? Disband the military completely....this country doesn't deserve one anyway.

By the way, when you show me a link where military spending outweighs everything else, you might have a case...and I do mean EVERYTHING else.

So as long as military spending doesn't outweigh all other spending, you're cool with it?

Even if half of that spending is fraud/waste?

Ok. But make no mistake, we are not on the same side. In fact, if we were in a civil war, we'd be on opposite sides.

yup, and I guess you would be on the side throwing rocks and we would be on the side dropping bombs.

I like our chances

Entitlement is a guarantee of access to benefits because of rights, or by agreement through law. It also refers, in a more casual sense to someone's belief that one is deserving of some particular reward or benefit

Don't you agree after reading the definition that you feel entitled to be defended? And don't those defense contractors feel entitled to the money we give them every year?

Unfortunately, they also feel entitled to steal a lot of that money.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Nearly $9 billion of money spent on Iraqi reconstruction is unaccounted for because of inefficiencies and bad management, according to a watchdog report published Sunday.

An inspector general's report said the U.S.-led administration that ran Iraq until June 2004 is unable to account for the funds.

"Severe inefficiencies and poor management" by the Coalition Provisional Authority has left auditors with no guarantee the money was properly used," the report said.

or

How the US sent $12bn in cash to Iraq. And watched it vanish

How the US sent $12bn in cash to Iraq. And watched it vanish | World news | The Guardian

White House Shoots Down Army’s Effort To Increase Oversight Of Defense Contractors»

Since 2002, the Army’s contracting budget has ballooned from $46 billion to $112 billion in 2007. However, as the AP reported last week, the number of investigators charged with hunting down fraudulent or wasteful contracts has stayed the same, at less than 100 agents.

No wonder our country is in shambles. When you guys defend crooked politicians, why should they ever change?

Of course Bush shot down the army's effort to increase oversite. How else coudl Bush's buddies steal billions from the tax payers?

You guys are all stupid cock suckers. For real. :eusa_whistle:

yup, and I guess you would be on the side throwing rocks and we would be on the side dropping bombs.

I like our chances

Russia liked their chances against Afganistan too, before that war bankrupted them.

I understand Comrad. You want to be like Russia.

So as long as military spending doesn't outweigh all other spending, you're cool with it?

Even if half of that spending is fraud/waste?

Ok. But make no mistake, we are not on the same side. In fact, if we were in a civil war, we'd be on opposite sides.

Hey with your philosophy on defense, what will you be fighting with?

With all your bellaching about this country, why the hell do you even live here? There must be some utopian country someplace on the planet more to your liking....

Russia liked their chances against Afganistan too, before that war bankrupted them.

I understand Comrad. You want to be like Russia.

That and the United States was giving Afghan stingers to shoot down soviet planes.

but you already knew that

You guys are all stupid cock suckers. For real. :eusa_whistle:

How would you know that? You must be one of those "smart" cocksuckers. Does that mean you don't swallow? Does this mean you don't want to play anymore?

For one convinced of your own intelligence you sure do resort to some infantile "debate" tactics. This of course is merely your style.... make shit up, assert the fallacies as true then call names when you feel like others are getting the better of you.

If it weren't for the entertainment value, your posts would be worth ignoring.

Forum List

Back