We should make a new Birth of a Nation

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Your Cuddly Choco Bear
But not politically correct, we should keep the old narrative and style, just use the most modern technology, 3D, dolby surround sound, special affects, HD movie etc. But the story, plot, and white actors shouldnt be replaced. We need a revival of a Birth of a Nation. A great movie from the early twentieth century, back then it was such a blockbuster, and hit, but i couldnt watch it, because of the low technology, im not used to such movies, too old technology. Thats why we need a new Birth of a Nation.

But not politically correct, we should keep the old narrative and style, just use the most modern technology, 3D, dolby surround sound, special affects, HD movie etc. But the story, plot, and white actors shouldnt be replaced. We need a revival of a Birth of a Nation. A great movie from the early twentieth century, back then it was such a blockbuster, and hit, but i couldnt watch it, because of the low technology, im not used to such movies, too old technology. Thats why we need a new Birth of a Nation.

It ran for decades as it was. Silent films take some getting used to, true. They had to rely on pantomime and exaggerated movements and facial expressions. They also aren't made to run at fast frame rates, they were made at much slower frame rates; ty are less comical when run at the rates they were made to run at, usually around 26 frames per second, while modern projection was set at 24 frames per second and couldn't be varied until later in the digital age.

I am afraid that loving someone is not the same as oppressing someone, now go play your guilt games with the other five-year-olds.

lol did I say something that made you feel guilty? Probably. Nobody even knows what you're babbling about.

Last edited:
It ran for decades as it was. Silent films take some getting used to, true. They had to rely on pantomime and exaggerated movements and facial expressions. They also aren't made to run at fast frame rates, they were made at much slower frame rates; ty are less comical when run at the rates they were made to run at, usually around 26 frames per second, while modern projection was set at 24 frames per second and couldn't be varied until later in the digital age.

That was supposed to be '16 frames per second', not '26', and in some cases DW Griffith also used 12 frames per second on some scenes. Many movies came with instructions on where to slow down and speed up; cameras were hand cranked. People can play with this on their phones and tablets these days, at least some of them anyway. Modern electic motors were standardized at 24 frames to get rid of 'flicker', which gets annoying after a few minutes, longer films being worse.

Forum List

Back