We should listen to the “experts”

Of course it was giving billionaires money. They cleaned up on this big huge giveaway of the public treasury.

The half-ass recovery bill won't save us from a recession, but once we get rid of Trump and the Repuke Senate, we can get about fixing things.

Yes indeed, you can raise taxes on our job creators, making it virtually impossible to start your small business. You can burden them and individuals alike with Commie Care so everybody has less residual income. You can elevate the price of fuel so more residual income can be drained from Mom and Pop's piggy bank. You can open the borders again so more foreigners can lower American wages.

Yep, you commies will get the economy going again. How could we doubt you?

Again, I'm very happy you were able to game the system... Hopefully we can keep the Republicans out of power so they won't push your wheelchair off a cliff.

How did I game the system? Every decision was made by the government, you know, the people you worship so much.

Honestly, Ray, you constantly whine about your neighbors, your union peers, whoever you hear about on the police scanner. You existence actually does sound kind of miserable.

Like I said, never been happier. Do I have disagreements and opinions? Show me somebody who doesn't. I'm a happy go lucky guy. Let me show you an example: You are the only person USMB I told about my disability situation. Why? Because I knew it would eat you up. I knew it would make it harder for you to sleep at night, I knew it it would make you angrier, I knew it would be like me standing right next to you poking you in the arm every minute on the minute. I'm having a blast, because ever since I told you, you can't stop bringing it up. And every time you do, I sense the sweet smell of jealousy and envy.

Biden will trounce Trump, a guy the majority never wanted to start with.

The economy will get much, much, much worse than it is now. A Trump advisor admitted yesterday that unemployment is likely to still be at double digits in November.

And no one thinks that much of the pathetic Uncle Toms who vote for Trump.

It will still be rough numbers through June. After that, the numbers start going back down. I'm confident. Are you?

es indeed, you can raise taxes on our job creators, making it virtually impossible to start your small business. You can burden them and individuals alike with Commie Care so everybody has less residual income. You can elevate the price of fuel so more residual income can be drained from Mom and Pop's piggy bank. You can open the borders again so more foreigners can lower American wages.

Yep, you commies will get the economy going again. How could we doubt you?

Again, every recession in my lifetime happened when the Republicans are in charge. It's not a bug, it's a design feature.

In fact, I've ended up poorer at the end of each Republican Presidency and richer at the end of each Democratic one. I thought this one might be different, but it won't be. Just the hole the last two months has put into my income hurts, and I'm tapping into my reserves.

How did I game the system? Every decision was made by the government, you know, the people you worship so much.

Like I said, guy, you gamed the system. You could have gone out and TRIED to find other work when unemployment was at 3.8% but you didn't. YOu just went out and got that sweet, sweet, WELFARE money, just like your HUD neighbors. So go over and ask if they can share their Malt Liquor.

Like I said, never been happier. Do I have disagreements and opinions? Show me somebody who doesn't. I'm a happy go lucky guy. Let me show you an example: You are the only person USMB I told about my disability situation. Why? Because I knew it would eat you up. I knew it would make it harder for you to sleep at night, I knew it it would make you angrier, I knew it would be like me standing right next to you poking you in the arm every minute on the minute. I'm having a blast, because ever since I told you, you can't stop bringing it up. And every time you do, I sense the sweet smell of jealousy and envy.

Huh? Actually, guy, when you tell me stories about your personal life, I kind of pity you. You are exactly the kind of dumb-ass white Trash who keeps voting Republican and gets nowhere in life, but you keep fucking doing it.

It will still be rough numbers through June. After that, the numbers start going back down. I'm confident. Are you?

I'm confident they won't go back down all that fast.

First, a LOT of businesses just simply won't start back up again. The ones that do will do so at reduced staff.

Second, for those of us who kept jobs, but had reduced incomes, we are doing to start cutting back on spending. Maybe not buy that new car if we can get another year out of the old one. Maybe not take that vacation to Disneyland. Doesn't matter, Disneyland doesn't plan to reopen until next year.

Third, because they just can't fucking help themselves, the One Percenters WILL look at this as an opportunity to screw working people. Hey, remember that guy you hired at a premium salary because the job market was competitive. Well, now you can fire him and hire someone who will work for less. This is what the fuckers did in 2001 and 2008, they'll do it again here.

So, yeah, the economy is going to suck all the way through November. Buh-bye Trumpy!!!!

Again, every recession in my lifetime happened when the Republicans are in charge. It's not a bug, it's a design feature.

In fact, I've ended up poorer at the end of each Republican Presidency and richer at the end of each Democratic one. I thought this one might be different, but it won't be. Just the hole the last two months has put into my income hurts, and I'm tapping into my reserves.

Well most working people are not in that position. In fact, because of the generosity by our government, people are making more not working than when they were working. Some employers are reporting difficulty getting their employees back.

In one post you stated you didn't need your stimulus check, and in fact, didn't need it so to the point you were going to donate the money to Creepy Joe''s campaign, and now you tell me you are doing so badly you are digging into your reserves. See, people like you are so transparent which is why it's difficult to believe anything you say.

"The best part about telling the truth is you never have to remember what you said." Author unknown.

Like I said, guy, you gamed the system. You could have gone out and TRIED to find other work when unemployment was at 3.8% but you didn't. YOu just went out and got that sweet, sweet, WELFARE money, just like your HUD neighbors. So go over and ask if they can share their Malt Liquor.

You need to learn what words mean. Collecting on a program you paid into all of your life is not welfare. If that's your definition, then making claims on your car insurance when you get into an accident is welfare, or perhaps using your healthcare insurance is welfare. You simply can't get it through that thick head of yours that non-skilled labor doesn't pay enough to live on, and even if it did, nobody wants to hire a person with no experience that's only two years away from retirement, especially somebody that has medical issues that need to be attended to throughout the day. You're living back in 1975. This is 2020.

The second thing you need to learn is what gaming they system means. Gaming the system means you fudged your information to get something, or perhaps found some hidden loophole in which you used to your advantage that the loophole was never designed for. I didn't do either. My conditions are serious and well documented, complete with tests and other evidence.

Huh? Actually, guy, when you tell me stories about your personal life, I kind of pity you. You are exactly the kind of dumb-ass white Trash who keeps voting Republican and gets nowhere in life, but you keep fucking doing it.

The job of representatives is not to make everybody's personal life better, it's to operate our government. You on the left don't believe that, but then again you never read our history or the Constitution to understand what this country is really about.

'm confident they won't go back down all that fast.

First, a LOT of businesses just simply won't start back up again. The ones that do will do so at reduced staff.

Second, for those of us who kept jobs, but had reduced incomes, we are doing to start cutting back on spending. Maybe not buy that new car if we can get another year out of the old one. Maybe not take that vacation to Disneyland. Doesn't matter, Disneyland doesn't plan to reopen until next year.

Third, because they just can't fucking help themselves, the One Percenters WILL look at this as an opportunity to screw working people. Hey, remember that guy you hired at a premium salary because the job market was competitive. Well, now you can fire him and hire someone who will work for less. This is what the fuckers did in 2001 and 2008, they'll do it again here.

So, yeah, the economy is going to suck all the way through November. Buh-bye Trumpy!!!!

The only thing Trump needs to get votes is an economy that's doing better every week, which will happen. It doesn't have to be back to 3.2% unemployment for Trump to win. The technical definition of a recession is two or more consecutive months of negative growth. That means by next months report, we will officially be in a recession. Julys numbers in August will show us out of the recession, and numbers will continue to improve. This is all people need to see: decreasing unemployment numbers, positive GDP, rebounding stock market, increasing consumer spending.

Well most working people are not in that position. In fact, because of the generosity by our government, people are making more not working than when they were working. Some employers are reporting difficulty getting their employees back.

Um, no. Those kind of jobs were paying shit and no one is in any hurry to get back to them. But most of them aren't coming back any time soon.

Unemployment is going to be north of 10% all the way until Trump gets voted out in November.

In one post you stated you didn't need your stimulus check, and in fact, didn't need it so to the point you were going to donate the money to Creepy Joe''s campaign, and now you tell me you are doing so badly you are digging into your reserves. See, people like you are so transparent which is why it's difficult to believe anything you say.

Yes, you see, I KNEW Trump was going to fuck this up. That's why I built up reserves. By my estimates, I can probably go close to a year at current income levels and probably not deplete them. That's why I probably don't need or want Trump's stimulus check. Also, again, the main reason why I'm doing badly is that because of the lockdown, I can't meet with people directly. That's not going to last, but the 40 million who've lost their jobs are going to need my services pretty soon.

"The best part about telling the truth is you never have to remember what you said." Author unknown.

That was Mark Twain. Here's a better one "Talking to Right Wing Morons is kind of pointless because they have poor comprehension skills" - JoeB131

Now if you want an example of double talk, it's you claiming on one hand that you are SOOOOOO sick that you need a welfare check, but then claiming you could totally do your job if some government doctor hadn't disaqualified you.

You need to learn what words mean. Collecting on a program you paid into all of your life is not welfare. If that's your definition, then making claims on your car insurance when you get into an accident is welfare, or perhaps using your healthcare insurance is welfare.

The difference here is that if you keep using those programs, they go up. For instance, my car insurance went up bigly because I had a fender bender in November. So, no, not even a good analogy. You're on welfare, buddy. Deal with it.

You simply can't get it through that thick head of yours that non-skilled labor doesn't pay enough to live on, and even if it did, nobody wants to hire a person with no experience that's only two years away from retirement, especially somebody that has medical issues that need to be attended to throughout the day. You're living back in 1975. This is 2020.

Wow, so let me get this straight... you are whining about medical and age discrimination being bad, but you try to pretend that racial discrimination isn't really a thing. Funny, I really can't look at a person and tell his medical history, but man, I'm pretty sure I can figure out his race.

You don't think these things through at all, do you?

The second thing you need to learn is what gaming they system means. Gaming the system means you fudged your information to get something, or perhaps found some hidden loophole in which you used to your advantage that the loophole was never designed for. I didn't do either. My conditions are serious and well documented, complete with tests and other evidence.

Except you've also claimed if it was left up to your personal doctor, he'd totally sign off on you doing the job. You can EASILY do something else. You just don't want to. You just want to game the system and get that government cheese.

The job of representatives is not to make everybody's personal life better, it's to operate our government. You on the left don't believe that, but then again you never read our history or the Constitution to understand what this country is really about.

Uh, guy, here's the thing. I wouldn't want to have lived in Revolutionary times, shitting in a chamber pot and dying of dysentary. I like that the government is providing services to make my life better. I like that I have SOME protections under the law from the One Percenters wanting to screw me... I have MORE of those protections when Democrats are in charge than Republicans. It's why things get worse for working folks whenever the Republicans are in charge.... Trump is just the latest going all the way back to Hoover.

The only thing Trump needs to get votes is an economy that's doing better every week, which will happen. It doesn't have to be back to 3.2% unemployment for Trump to win. The technical definition of a recession is two or more consecutive months of negative growth. That means by next months report, we will officially be in a recession. Julys numbers in August will show us out of the recession, and numbers will continue to improve. This is all people need to see: decreasing unemployment numbers, positive GDP, rebounding stock market, increasing consumer spending.

This is where you are confused.

Quarters end in March, June, September and December. The figures are reported the next month.

Now, Quarter One is done. -4.8 GDP Growth. And that was with Covid-19 hitting in March.
Quarter two ends in June. Estimates are that it will contract anywhere from -8 to -12%. This will be worse than the Great Recession.

The next number will be in September's number in Ocotober. Even assuming that does get us into positive GDP Growth, it would be more of a Dead Cat Bounce. If it's still negative, and I think it will be because of reasons unrelated to Coronavirus, it will be very bad for Trump.

You see, the thing is, we were probably heading into a recession even with Covid. Companies were overextended in Debt, and now with plummeting revenues and reduced customer bases, a lot of companies that didn't have to lay off their pink collar workers are going to look at staffing and make reductions.

Secondly, the voters aren't that forgiving. In 1992, (the last time a president got us into a recession and had to answer for it within a year), GDP Shrinkage had ended in March 1991, but unemployment remained high, and they ran Poppy Bush out on a rail. Same thing with Jimmy Carter. We were out of recession in July 1980, but unemployment peaked at 7.8% in July and Jimmy was shown the door.

Final point- The American people are willing to give presidents the benefit of the doubt in hard times, if they do the right thing. People gave Ronald Reagan the benefit of the doubt because he acted Presidential. Same with Dubya Bush, in 2001. They also had a lot more time to recover losses, but their demeanor had a lot to do with it as well.

Trump has reminded us time after time that he's a completely shitty human being. Sometimes he goes out of his way to prove that point. In a recession with double digit unemployment AND 100,000+ corpses, people aren't going to be, "Yeah, give us more of that". Especially when they LOUDLY SAID NO to it to start with.

That's not going to last, but the 40 million who've lost their jobs are going to need my services pretty soon.

You leftists talk out of both sides of your mouth. If the economy is going to be so bad, nobody needs your silly services.

Now if you want an example of double talk, it's you claiming on one hand that you are SOOOOOO sick that you need a welfare check, but then claiming you could totally do your job if some government doctor hadn't disaqualified you.

That's because I can do my former job and make a living. There are no jobs I can do where I am sitting most of the day, stop working to take a break when a problem comes up, and have an understanding employer who accommodates my situation.

Now, find me a non-skill job making decent money with that same working environment, I'll take that job. But guess what? It doesn't exist. You know that too, but envy is eating at you from inside, and that's my enjoyment talking with you about this.

The difference here is that if you keep using those programs, they go up. For instance, my car insurance went up bigly because I had a fender bender in November. So, no, not even a good analogy.

It's a great analogy. But you are correct on one thing: government is not nearly as efficient as the private market. That's why the private market is seldom in trouble, and every government program is going to fail at some point; some sooner than others. It's a perfect example of why government should be nowhere near our healthcare market. It's just another industry they will once again eventually fail at.

SS disability is not really funded through SS contributions. It's funded through that tax most people don't understand with that funny acronym--FiCA. So why doesn't government work like private insurance and increase rates along with increased payouts? Because the people would then demand that government get out of handling the situation, and allow private industry to do it instead. If government increased their contribution requirement in proportion, people would realize the wasteful system that government is, and demand they get out of it and allow private industry to take over.

The problem is Democrats are control freaks. They need these programs to maintain control over the people. Instead of losing the support of the people by proportionately increasing payroll contributions, they keep borrowing money instead. Most people don't pay attention or care, so the politicians get away with it. That's why the Democrats had a heart attack when GW wanted to allow us to put a very small percentage of our SS contributions into our own IRA fund instead. When people understood how badly government was failing them, and how well their money did in their own hands, we would demand they increase that percentage every election. Eventually Social Security would disappear.

Wow, so let me get this straight... you are whining about medical and age discrimination being bad, but you try to pretend that racial discrimination isn't really a thing. Funny, I really can't look at a person and tell his medical history, but man, I'm pretty sure I can figure out his race.

You don't think these things through at all, do you?

I thought it out very well. Like my last job, I reveal what employing me means to my employer. This is something that's foreign to liberals called honesty. I don't want to work for somebody that really doesn't want me there in the first place, but because of some stupid law, must employ me anyway. Unlike liberals, I don't go where I ain't wanted. With liberals, the more they are not wanted, the more they DO want to be there.

But let's say there is racial discrimination in hiring. Why would that be? An employer doesn't like the color of somebody's skin, or people of that color are inferior workers? I've talked to a lot of business owners, and they do have a favorite color. That color is green.

Except you've also claimed if it was left up to your personal doctor, he'd totally sign off on you doing the job. You can EASILY do something else. You just don't want to. You just want to game the system and get that government cheese.

Again, you are ignorant of terms. A government doctor told me I can no longer do my job. I applied for assistance with a government agency. The government agency asked for my permission to release all my medical records to them, which I did. They gave those records to their medical staff for intense scrutiny. Their staffs conclusion was that without a doubt, my disabilities were severe enough to the point I could no longer work.

Again, they never even called me in for a personal interview. They asked if I would see one of their doctors or take some additional tests, which I welcomed. Given my medical situation, it would have been fruitless for them. My medical records alone were enough to make the quick decision that they made, which is unusual because they fight most everybody making a claim. Furthermore is they placed me in a category that had the longest time period for review in the future--five years.

This is not gaming the system or gaming anything. Gaming the system means you manipulated it in a nefarious way. You tricked them, used some loophole, told them of a medical condition that couldn't be proven. That's gaming the system. I didn't do any of that.

Uh, guy, here's the thing. I wouldn't want to have lived in Revolutionary times, shitting in a chamber pot and dying of dysentary. I like that the government is providing services to make my life better. I like that I have SOME protections under the law from the One Percenters wanting to screw me... I have MORE of those protections when Democrats are in charge than Republicans. It's why things get worse for working folks whenever the Republicans are in charge

Then that's your own fault, because my experience has been just the opposite. The Kenyan king cost me more money and hardship than all other presidents combined in my lifetime. I've never been screwed by the one percent because I really don't deal with them outside of being a consumer or providing service to their companies when I was working. Those one percenters provided me with work so I did have a source to make a living.

This is where you are confused.

Quarters end in March, June, September and December. The figures are reported the next month.

No, the economy is reported each and every month. Once a month is reported with positive growth, we will officially be out of a recession.

'Experts'
-- Which ones would those be?

The ones who chose to push the disastrous models most medical experts warned should ever have been used to base policy on, the ones Cuomo listened to, the one on which he based his decision to sacrifice the elderly for 'the greater good'?

The WHO, who was proven to have aided China in covering up the pandemic and even helped them spread it?

The CDC, who warned the virus could be passed along on surfaces....then reversed that opinion...only to have once again stated there is a POSSIBILITY it could be spread on surfaces?

The CDC who warned the virus would kill MILLIONS....who has now declared it's true mortality rate is less than seasonal flu / influenza?

Biden, who said the Travel Ban was a waste of time, called it Xenophobic...before declaring Trump was right...before going back to calling it Xenophobic?

The CDC who warned the virus would kill MILLIONS....who has now declared it's true mortality rate is less than seasonal flu / influenza?

We won't know the true mortality rate until we insist that the reporting be truthful. Right now, many states are reporting Covid deaths that had nothing to do with the virus itself. There are people who died with the virus, and people that died from the virus, and they are reporting both as Covid deaths.

If true deaths were only reported, it's likely the flu will still kill more people than Covid-19.

We won't know the true mortality rate until we insist that the reporting be truthful. Right now, many states are reporting Covid deaths that had nothing to do with the virus itself. There are people who died with the virus, and people that died from the virus, and they are reporting both as Covid deaths.

If true deaths were only reported, it's likely the flu will still kill more people than Covid-19.

And, technically, the majority of those 5,000+ elderly in NY did not die from COVID-19 - they died from Cuomo's decision to sacrifice the elderly by forcing infected patients in with other elderly people....

Just sayin'...

Without social distancing, the experts would have been right and we would have seen a much higher infection and death rate here in the good ol' U.S. of A. We did bend the curve by our collective good behavior. But since everyone is opening up way too early (with the possible exception of West and East coast states that already saw their peak), we will definitely see a second wave soon that will make the first wave look like a boat swell!

Without social distancing, the experts would have been right and we would have seen a much higher infection and death rate here in the good ol' U.S. of A. We did bend the curve by our collective good behavior. But since everyone is opening up way too early (with the possible exception of West and East coast states that already saw their peak), we will definitely see a second wave soon that will make the first wave look like a boat swell!

So what percentage of Americans do you believe actually practice social distancing? Right at this moment, I'm looking at a daycare center two doors down from me. The kids are huddled together in groups, some sitting on a concrete wall right next to each other. Two of them are play fighting.

Okay, many kids are not severely impacted by the virus, but they still carry it to their elders. Yes, they are outside now under adult supervision where it's almost impossible to catch, but what do you suppose happens when they are inside?

I would say about only half the people I run across in public are wearing masks and keeping distance. The others walk around like they are invincible.

So what percentage of Americans do you believe actually practice social distancing? Right at this moment, I'm looking at a daycare center two doors down from me. The kids are huddled together in groups, some sitting on a concrete wall right next to each other. Two of them are play fighting.

Okay, many kids are not severely impacted by the virus, but they still carry it to their elders. Yes, they are outside now under adult supervision where it's almost impossible to catch, but what do you suppose happens when they are inside?

I would say about only half the people I run across in public are wearing masks and keeping distance. The others walk around like they are invincible.
Glad I don't live in your city/county/state.

You leftists talk out of both sides of your mouth. If the economy is going to be so bad, nobody needs your silly services.

Quite the contrary, when it starts hitting the pink and white collar set, they definitely will.

That's because I can do my former job and make a living. There are no jobs I can do where I am sitting most of the day, stop working to take a break when a problem comes up, and have an understanding employer who accommodates my situation.

1590619429029.png

Now, find me a non-skill job making decent money with that same working environment, I'll take that job. But guess what? It doesn't exist. You know that too, but envy is eating at you from inside, and that's my enjoyment talking with you about this.

Works on the assumption you have no other skills than driving in a straight line. Again, guy, I don't envy you. You live in a slum, you spend all day listening to police scanners, your neighbors obviously hate you, and you are collecting welfare because you have no ambition to better yourself.

It's a great analogy. But you are correct on one thing: government is not nearly as efficient as the private market. That's why the private market is seldom in trouble, and every government program is going to fail at some point; some sooner than others. It's a perfect example of why government should be nowhere near our healthcare market. It's just another industry they will once again eventually fail at.

Actually, you've never had to do a dance with an insurance company, or you wouldn't say such stupid shit.

SS disability is not really funded through SS contributions. It's funded through that tax most people don't understand with that funny acronym--FiCA. So why doesn't government work like private insurance and increase rates along with increased payouts? Because the people would then demand that government get out of handling the situation, and allow private industry to do it instead. If government increased their contribution requirement in proportion, people would realize the wasteful system that government is, and demand they get out of it and allow private industry to take over.

Actually, if private industry ran it, they'd cut you off. How do I know this? All the ways that private industry used "Pre-existing conditions" to cheat people out of health coverage AFTER they collected premiums from them.

I thought it out very well. Like my last job, I reveal what employing me means to my employer. This is something that's foreign to liberals called honesty. I don't want to work for somebody that really doesn't want me there in the first place, but because of some stupid law, must employ me anyway. Unlike liberals, I don't go where I ain't wanted. With liberals, the more they are not wanted, the more they DO want to be there

I'm sure you are very good at talking yourself out of jobs, Starqueesha.

But let's say there is racial discrimination in hiring. Why would that be? An employer doesn't like the color of somebody's skin, or people of that color are inferior workers? I've talked to a lot of business owners, and they do have a favorite color. That color is green.

Bullshit. While it is true a rabid racist like you or Mormon Bob (what happened to that guy?) wouldn't find yourself in the corner office, the reality is, most one percenters are white males and they tend to favor other white males, even if they don't realize it.

Again, you are ignorant of terms. A government doctor told me I can no longer do my job. I applied for assistance with a government agency. The government agency asked for my permission to release all my medical records to them, which I did. They gave those records to their medical staff for intense scrutiny. Their staffs conclusion was that without a doubt, my disabilities were severe enough to the point I could no longer work.

But that's not what you've claimed on other threads. You've claimed that your own doctor would clear you for work Try to be consistant, okay, buddy.

Then that's your own fault, because my experience has been just the opposite. The Kenyan king cost me more money and hardship than all other presidents combined in my lifetime. I've never been screwed by the one percent because I really don't deal with them outside of being a consumer or providing service to their companies when I was working. Those one percenters provided me with work so I did have a source to make a living.

Guy, you are living large off the taxpayers. We should probably start calling you "Starquesha"

No, the economy is reported each and every month. Once a month is reported with positive growth, we will officially be out of a recession.

Nope, Recessions are seen as QUARTERLY. Defined as two quarters of negative GDP growth, which is EXACTLY where we will be at the end of June.

Works on the assumption you have no other skills than driving in a straight line. Again, guy, I don't envy you. You live in a slum, you spend all day listening to police scanners, your neighbors obviously hate you, and you are collecting welfare because you have no ambition to better yourself.

I'm not collecting welfare, I'm collecting disability; a program I paid into all of my life. No, my neighbors and I get along great except for the one we all hate, the HUD lowlifes.

Actually, you've never had to do a dance with an insurance company, or you wouldn't say such stupid shit.

I probably dealt with them more than you have in your life.

Actually, if private industry ran it, they'd cut you off. How do I know this? All the ways that private industry used "Pre-existing conditions" to cheat people out of health coverage AFTER they collected premiums from them.

Funny, I've never had that experience with them, and I've had preexisting conditions much of my adult life. But then again, I know how to read a contract.

Bullshit. While it is true a rabid racist like you or Mormon Bob (what happened to that guy?) wouldn't find yourself in the corner office, the reality is, most one percenters are white males and they tend to favor other white males, even if they don't realize it.

Is that so? Well given the fact that most of those one-percenters are liberals, that wouldn't surprise me one bit. You belong to a great crowd.

But that's not what you've claimed on other threads. You've claimed that your own doctor would clear you for work Try to be consistant, okay, buddy.

I'm sure she would, but she doesn't have a say in this at all. My personal doctor did have that say-so just a few years ago, and it's always been that way. Then......some genius bureaucrat came up with a great idea "I know, let's have government doctors do the physical on people with conditions, because they don't treat that patient!" Wow, what a bunch of Fn morons. But that's bureaucrats for you.

Nope, Recessions are seen as QUARTERLY. Defined as two quarters of negative GDP growth, which is EXACTLY where we will be at the end of June.

I had that wrong, you are correct. It is two quarters. So let's say that we technically are in a recession by the end of June, and out of the recession at September. What a great start for the President...huh?

I probably dealt with them more than you have in your life.

Yes, but you just take it when they shaft you.

Funny, I've never had that experience with them, and I've had preexisting conditions much of my adult life. But then again, I know how to read a contract.

Again, you lost your insurance... so that's not saying much.

Is that so? Well given the fact that most of those one-percenters are liberals, that wouldn't surprise me one bit. You belong to a great crowd.

Uh, sorry, the One Percent are republicans...

I'm sure she would, but she doesn't have a say in this at all. My personal doctor did have that say-so just a few years ago, and it's always been that way. Then......some genius bureaucrat came up with a great idea "I know, let's have government doctors do the physical on people with conditions, because they don't treat that patient!" Wow, what a bunch of Fn morons. But that's bureaucrats for you.

Or more likely, they decided to stop taking personal doctors' word for it because too many people they signed off on because they knew them for years were involved in horrible accidents. Frankly, if you are out there driving thousands of pounds of truck, I WANT someone objective deciding if you are fit or not.

I had that wrong, you are correct. It is two quarters. So let's say that we technically are in a recession by the end of June, and out of the recession at September. What a great start for the President...huh?

Um, no, that would be kind of horrible.

We were out of recession in September 1980. people didn't say, "Good Job, Jimmy Carter"
We were out of recession in December 1991, people didn't say "Good Job, George!"

The problem is, unemployment is a LAGGING indicator. You don't hire people back as quick as you let them go.

Estimates are unemployment is going to peak in June. A lot of industries, that's just too late. Forget the summer tourist industry...

A lot of companies have forced people to use up their vacation now in leiau of downsizing people. So they did "Staycations" because of Covid 19.

2020 is not going to get better in time to make Trump look good.

Any person with half a brain retired as soon as possible. Working in ones twilight years makes less than, LESS than ZERO sense. There is NO satisfaction working until you pass away.

Any person with half a brain retired as soon as possible. Working in ones twilight years makes less than, LESS than ZERO sense. There is NO satisfaction working until you pass away.
The life of a lazy, flaccid, spineless POS like you is devoid of meaning. You're an oxygen thief.

Yes, but you just take it when they shaft you.

I've never been shafted. They say they will pay X, and if I have a problem with that, I review my policy.

Again, you lost your insurance... so that's not saying much.

I didn't lose it because of the insurance company. I lost it when Ears forced his commie plan on us.

Uh, sorry, the One Percent are republicans...

Hmmmm. I'm sure that will be surprising news to Gates, Bezos, Zukerburg, Howard Schultz, Mike Bloomberg, Howard Stern, Jack Dorsey, and OH! Let's not forget Bill and Hillary Clinton.

Or more likely, they decided to stop taking personal doctors' word for it because too many people they signed off on because they knew them for years were involved in horrible accidents. Frankly, if you are out there driving thousands of pounds of truck, I WANT someone objective deciding if you are fit or not.

No, they did it because bureaucrats are people paid to do basically nothing. So they dream up shit to make it look like they do. So you want somebody objective, and then when I lose my ability to earn a living because of this objectivity, complain that I had to use an alternative--one I never wanted to use in the first place?

Since my doctor is not objective, wouldn't you think if I wanted this route, they would have honored a request that they not certify me to work ten or fifteen years ago?

Um, no, that would be kind of horrible.

We were out of recession in September 1980. people didn't say, "Good Job, Jimmy Carter"
We were out of recession in December 1991, people didn't say "Good Job, George!"

The problem is, unemployment is a LAGGING indicator. You don't hire people back as quick as you let them go.

Estimates are unemployment is going to peak in June. A lot of industries, that's just too late. Forget the summer tourist industry...

A lot of companies have forced people to use up their vacation now in leiau of downsizing people. So they did "Staycations" because of Covid 19.

2020 is not going to get better in time to make Trump look good.

Sure it will. As I explained, it's already looking better, and as Karen Carpenter once sang, We Only Just Begun.

Stock market is recovering. Consumer confidence on the uptick, new Covid case numbers on the decrease, the Presidents approval numbers are pretty astonishing given the environment. Now....had this lasted 8 or 10 months like the Democrats wanted, Trump may be in trouble which is why they push for it. But he's slicker than that. He's one step ahead of the commies on every level.

America is returning back to work, which means they will be spending money in our economy. We don't need 3.5% unemployment to win this election. What we need are vast improvements with every week. In the meantime, Creepy Joe is out there insulting the black communities by telling them which ones are actually black and which ones are not. Keep up the good work Joe. We appreciate you.

I didn't lose it because of the insurance company. I lost it when Ears forced his commie plan on us.

You mean the shit insurance you had didn't meet federal guidelines?

COlor me shocked.

No, they did it because bureaucrats are people paid to do basically nothing. So they dream up shit to make it look like they do. So you want somebody objective, and then when I lose my ability to earn a living because of this objectivity, complain that I had to use an alternative--one I never wanted to use in the first place?

Since my doctor is not objective, wouldn't you think if I wanted this route, they would have honored a request that they not certify me to work ten or fifteen years ago?

Again, probably what happened was family doctors "certified" a lot of guys they shouldn't have, and after a few fiery wrecks, they decided, 'Nope, we need someone objective".

Again, either you are just fine or you are soooo sick that you need welfare. Which is it?

Stock market is recovering. Consumer confidence on the uptick, new Covid case numbers on the decrease, the Presidents approval numbers are pretty astonishing given the environment. Now....had this lasted 8 or 10 months like the Democrats wanted, Trump may be in trouble which is why they push for it. But he's slicker than that. He's one step ahead of the commies on every level.

Dude, you are delusional. Trump's approval rating is at 42%, his disapproval is at 54%.

The economy is NOT recovering. As I said, I'm on Vacation in Wisconsin, where the wingnuts won the right to let bars open again. So I decided to go out and have dinner and a few drinks, the first time I've been able to do this in three months.

WELL - My usual watering hole up here is closed, for good. The second place I tried (which I usually avoid because it's a dive) - Closed. Third place I tried was open but practically empty. This isn't in a Covid Hotspot, this is in a county where they've had all of six cases.

Things aren't going to get better any time soon.

America is returning back to work, which means they will be spending money in our economy. We don't need 3.5% unemployment to win this election. What we need are vast improvements with every week.

Uh, guy, nobody is going to win with a 10% unemployment rate. The real problem is, a lot of the pain isn't setting in yet. It's when all these companies start the second round of layoffs to meet their reduced budgets you are going to see some problems.

In the meantime, Creepy Joe is out there insulting the black communities by telling them which ones are actually black and which ones are not. Keep up the good work Joe. We appreciate you.

Most black folks agree with him. Only the most pathetic Uncle Toms would vote for Trump.

You mean the shit insurance you had didn't meet federal guidelines?

COlor me shocked.

It met federal everything. That's not why my employer dropped it. It doubled in cost after Commie Care started.

About ten years ago I had an old three car garage from the 1920's. It was built on dirt and had barn doors. The roof gave away and collapsed, so I made a claim to my insurance company--Travelers. I wasn't expecting much, but was in hopes they would pay to have it demolished and hauled away, and with some luck, pour a floor for a new garage when I had the money to build one.

They sent an agent out who said they would rebuild the roof. I told him my city wouldn't permit it because it was on dirt. When the city refused the permit, I called and asked what their plans were now. They said they will build me a new garage.

They replaced that pice of garbage with a brand new three car garage. I hired my cousin to do the job, and he told me it was 35K for the project. The only out of pocket cost to me was the garage door openers.

Again, probably what happened was family doctors "certified" a lot of guys they shouldn't have, and after a few fiery wrecks, they decided, 'Nope, we need someone objective".

Again, either you are just fine or you are soooo sick that you need welfare. Which is it?

It's a combination of things such as my age, my disabilities, and no experience at anything except for what I did for a living. It's worthless to attend school, hope to get a job in my new profession as a rookie, only to retire in a year or two.

I believe that if I were 35 or 40, SS would have never given it to me without a fight. But because of my particular situation, they realized it would cost the government the same or less if they just let me retire two years early than paying for school, perhaps going on Medicaid or Commie Care for free, and whatever else is available to me to get me by. On the other hand, if I were 35 or 40, I would have never applied in the first place.

Dude, you are delusional. Trump's approval rating is at 42%, his disapproval is at 54%.

The economy is NOT recovering. As I said, I'm on Vacation in Wisconsin, where the wingnuts won the right to let bars open again. So I decided to go out and have dinner and a few drinks, the first time I've been able to do this in three months.

WELL - My usual watering hole up here is closed, for good. The second place I tried (which I usually avoid because it's a dive) - Closed. Third place I tried was open but practically empty. This isn't in a Covid Hotspot, this is in a county where they've had all of six cases.

Things aren't going to get better any time soon.

I thought you told me that the stimulus bill was to help out big business and not the little guy. You leftists believe that if somebody has something, they must be sitting on a pile of money! Well guess what, as you have seen first hand, there is no truth to leftist claims. Things were only shutdown for a couple of months, and over 100,000 businesses closed up for good.

Yes, other will open up in their place, but that takes time.

On this day, RCP has Trump's job approval at 47.2%. At this same time during Hussein's presidency, 48.4% Given the environment during both their terms, Trump is only a little over 1% below DumBama. That's pretty damn good. Mind you, on a personal level, DumBama was much more liked too.

Uh, guy, nobody is going to win with a 10% unemployment rate. The real problem is, a lot of the pain isn't setting in yet. It's when all these companies start the second round of layoffs to meet their reduced budgets you are going to see some problems.

If that were the case, they would not be putting their money back into the stock market.

Most black folks agree with him. Only the most pathetic Uncle Toms would vote for Trump.

Only stupid black folks agree with him, just like if Trump said you are not white if you are considering Biden would be an insult to intelligent whites.

Forum List

Back