We seem to have a lot of anti Cain sentiment on the board so lets put it to the test

Would you vote for Cain or Obama in 2012?

• Cain

Votes: 63 64.3%
  • Obama

Votes: 35 35.7%

• Total voters
Enemy of my enemy=my friend. I will vote for Obama and work to get him elected for 4 more years. I will feel sad doing it, but I will be hoping the republicans can win back the senate and increase our majority in the house.

Maybe we can get Obama impeached and get Biden.... :eusa_drool:

• Banned
Enemy of my enemy=my friend. I will vote for Obama and work to get him elected for 4 more years. I will feel sad doing it, but I will be hoping the republicans can win back the senate and increase our majority in the house.

Maybe we can get Obama impeached and get Biden.... :eusa_drool:

You lost me in that explination and I havent even started drinking yet today......

I have nothing against Cain as a person. I'm sure he's very nice and would be fun to sit down with and have a pizza.

But his policies are terrible. I mean, REALLY, terrible. There are areas that Obama needs to improve, but Cain is just ... terrible.

• Banned
I have nothing against Cain as a person. I'm sure he's very nice and would be fun to sit down with and have a pizza.

But his policies are terrible. I mean, REALLY, terrible. There are areas that Obama needs to improve, but Cain is just ... terrible.

Care to elaborate? beyond the 9-9-9 rhetoric

I've said the same about Obama. I'd have dinner with him. Unfortunately, I can see the strings.

What more do I need to say? His 9-9-9 plan encourages consumers to NOT spend money. That's a terrible idea for helping get the economy going. Couple that with cuts for the wealthy and increases for the poor, and it's just not going to help the country get better.

What more do I need to say? His 9-9-9 plan encourages consumers to NOT spend money. That's a terrible idea for helping get the economy going. Couple that with cuts for the wealthy and increases for the poor, and it's just not going to help the country get better.

9-9-9 is not a perfect plan and I have my own concerns with it, but it is a far better solution than our current mess of a tax system which not even the IRS understands. It will most definitely get the economy moving again, that's for sure.

Kinda like how welfare and endless unemployment checks encourage people NOT to look for work?
His plan may not be perfect but no plan ever is in its initial conception. It is however a good base to start from. It would certainly cause businesses to explode with the lower taxes.

Last edited:
Simple, If Cain wins the nomination will you vote for him or Obama?
While Obama is far from ideal, and I'm certainly not sold on voting for him in 2012...Obama is not anywhere near as bad as conservative media purports.

2 red flags go up for me regarding Cain.

1. He's pretty cantankerous, and that is a good qualification for a conservative talk radio personality, or a loveable and crotchety old grandpa...but not so much for understanding the 1/2 of the country who voted for Obama in 2008.

2. He's a conservative radio pundit. I wouldn't vote for anyone who worked for outfits like MSNBC or The New York Times no matter how warm and fuzzy, or just plain inspired, they made me feel when they speak.

It won't matter anyway...he won't be nominated. Perry or Romney will, or both. Unless of course Christy decides to run.

The only people I would have voted for over Obama would have been Tim Pawlenty, Mitch Daniels, or Chris Christy...maybe...if he actualy conveyed substance in any debates he would have with Obama. I'm not voting for any Republican this year that complains without offering SPECIFIC solutions.

9-9-9 is not a perfect plan and I have my own concerns with it, but it is a far better solution than our current mess of a tax system which not even the IRS understands. It will most definitely get the economy moving again, that's for sure.

Yep. I have 'issues' with the whole 'national sales tax' thing... because it's been tried elsewhere and ends up being used as a 'snatch and grab' every time a government needs more money. Look at Britain as a great example of a good idea that worked out really bad for the taxpayer.

Yep. I have 'issues' with the whole 'national sales tax' thing... because it's been tried elsewhere and ends up being used as a 'snatch and grab' every time a government needs more money. Look at Britain as a great example of a good idea that worked out really bad for the taxpayer.
I'll say this much? Something is needed to get us out of the 16th Amendment, because it is nothing but a tool for government to penalize people whom excell.

We were doing pretty good until the Progressives crafted the 16th...and even that was supposed to be temporary. I'd say a century isn't temporary.
It was a lie.

Forum List

Back