CDZ We Really Should Stop Lying To Kids

Adults can do a lot of things that young children should not. Seems pretty simple.

You mean young children shouldn't say hi to people? That's ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Who gets upset about that? Do you think that learning tact is somehow "lying"?

I wouldn't think that it would be lying, just bending the truth and if your child told somebody that they hated their gift you would be upset if you had any shred of decency.

You mean young children shouldn't say hi to people? That's ridiculous.....
To adults they don't know? While walking down the street by themselves, or playing with just a few other kids their age? No, they should not.

I wouldn't think that it would be lying, just bending the truth and if your child told somebody that they hated their gift ....
Why would anyone need to use the word "hate"? If a doctor has to break bad news to you and does so with a degree of tact, is that doctor "lying"? Does that doctor "hate" you?

To adults they don't know? While walking down the street by themselves, or playing with just a few other kids their age? No, they should not.

It happens all the time in my neighborhood. It's called teaching kids to be polite and smile and say hi to you.

Why would anyone need to use the word "hate"? If a doctor has to break bad news to you and does so with a degree of tact, is that doctor "lying"? Does that doctor "hate" you?

Because kids will say anything if given the chance and the second part doesn't have anything to do with what I said.

It happens all the time in my neighborhood. It's called teaching kids to be polite and smile and say hi to you.

Forum List

Back