We need to stop over-reacting to the Coronavirus.

I think there's a happy medium between "do absolutely nothing about the virus and just keep the economy going", and what we're doing now--which is basically bring the economy to a screeching halt.

IMO we have done TOO much to halt the virus and we're doing untold damage to the economy. It has to be reversed NOW. The economic destruction is moving faster than the virus is spreading.

The virus is spreading very quickly.

View attachment 313818
This is bad. This is very bad.

The economic destruction is spreading even faster, trust me
I’m worried about people’s lives. What are you worried about?

Libs are concerned that this isn't sticking to Trump.
I’m concerned that we haven’t bent the curve.

View attachment 313819

Look at this and tell me everything is going great. I dare you.

could you post a graph of abortions over the same time period? or deaths by cancer, heart disease, drug overdoses, obesity, gang violence, suicide?

Sure this virus is scary, but in terms of human deaths in the USA it is insignificant.

View attachment 313819

This graph only indicates that number that have been tested,not the total number infected.

No ones knows if the "curve is bent" as far as actual infections, data isn't available. Maybe if Bloomberg would have spent a half billion on the health of the people instead of a pointless run for the presidency, we'd have better information?

So you’re saying the true number of infected is far higher?

Well that’s a relief.

Actually it is a relief, because it means that the denominator is a lot higher and it makes the death rate a lot lower.

Further, if millions are already infected, we are a lot closer to the end of this.

I think there's a happy medium between "do absolutely nothing about the virus and just keep the economy going", and what we're doing now--which is basically bring the economy to a screeching halt.

IMO we have done TOO much to halt the virus and we're doing untold damage to the economy. It has to be reversed NOW. The economic destruction is moving faster than the virus is spreading.

View attachment 313818

That would be people's lives in the long-term, which is clearly a type of thinking your childish brain can't comprehend.

Go on. Explain. Can you or are you going to just insult me some more?

You actually need it explained to you that the emergency is going to end someday and people will need to continue being able to live their lives? Or do you just need it explained to you that most people aren't excitedly trying to arrange for this to be the "new normal", the way you are?

Last edited:

View attachment 313819

This graph only indicates that number that have been tested,not the total number infected.

No ones knows if the "curve is bent" as far as actual infections, data isn't available. Maybe if Bloomberg would have spent a half billion on the health of the people instead of a pointless run for the presidency, we'd have better information?

Well that’s a relief.

why don't we discuss the number of deaths or serious complications? Your panic numbers include those who recovered quickly and those with no symptoms at all.

There is no comparison, dope.
H1N1 is a flu. Covid 19 is not. One is history one is not. The results are yet to be determined. You're the one showing retarded bias by arrempting to compare a half grown apple to a fully grown orange.
COVID 19 is more like SARS than influenza

That said the lethality numbers are at this point not very accurate because there is no way to know how many people who weren't tested actually had it and recovered

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Great. A death rate even half of it's current projection is still a huge number.

So.......what's your point?

There you go assuming facts not in evidence.

It's this doomsday preaching that is causing the panic.

BE RATIONAL

I don't make the projections, dope.
You are speculating what the death rate might be

And FYI the death rate is an entirely unreliable stat.

Since only the sickest people get tested and the fact that there is no way to know how many people had the virus and recovered never seeking medical care because their symptoms were mild or nonexistent, the lethality rate cannot be accurately calculated

the other factor that cannot be measured is how many of these people with other conditions would have died anyway. did the virus hasten their deaths or was it simply one of several causes? No way to know.

The economy is being harmed by the Coronavirus hysteria created by the mainstream media. The virus itself will not harm our economy that much as long as we don't over-react. Most of the damage being done by the Coronavirus is being done by people talking about it and over-reacting. Contrast this with how well the world handled the flu pandemic of 1918. The stock market in the USA actually only dropped about 5% that year.

To put things into perspective, the 1918 flu killed about 50,000,000 people out of 1.6 billion. Today, that would be proportional to a virus killing about 215 million people worldwide. That sounds like it would be devastating, except if there was no global market crash in 1918, there is certainly no reason for us to panic and create one today.

We need to stop panicking, stoically let the virus run its course and keep working or we might suffer an economic depression.

View attachment 313818
Not really.

All it shows is that more testing has been done.

The vast majority of people who contract COVID19 will not die and many of them will have symptoms so minor they will not need to seek medical attention

Unfortunately that’s just not the case. Due to lack of testing availability, only the sickest people are tested. As you say, the majority don’t seek medical attention meaning the number is FAR higher.

Unfortunately, you just said the same thing he did, and somehow convinced yourself it was an argument.

The number of infected is not the number who will die, or even be strongly affected, however much you want to conflate the two.

View attachment 313819

Well that’s a relief.

It is if you can wrap your brain around the fact that the vast majority will recover quickly and not even be all that sick.

And the fact that the death rate goes way down if and when you can factor in a larger number of people who get infected and get over it.

That said the lethality numbers are at this point not very accurate because there is no way to know how many people who weren't tested actually had it and recovered

Great. A death rate even half of it's current projection is still a huge number.

BE RATIONAL

Since only the sickest people get tested and the fact that there is no way to know how many people had the virus and recovered never seeking medical care because their symptoms were mild or nonexistent, the lethality rate cannot be accurately calculated

the other factor that cannot be measured is how many of these people with other conditions would have died anyway. did the virus hasten their deaths or was it simply one of several causes? No way to know.

A lot of the victims of the Obama-Biden Plague seem to be folks with serious co-morbidities. Respiratory bugs can be a lot more serious for people walking around with emphysema or heart failure.

BE RATIONAL

A lot of the victims of the Obama-Biden Plague seem to be folks with serious co-morbidities. Respiratory bugs can be a lot more serious for people walking around with emphysema or heart failure.

my point exactly

BE RATIONAL

It's not news to normal people that pneumonia is a major killer of the elderly, and can set in with almost any sort of illness. Hell, I knew a guy in his twenties, otherwise healthy, who got an open wound in his leg and ended up with pneumonia during his hospital stay.

And unless I'm badly misreading the news reports, it's the onset of pneumonia that's killing the people who die from contracting coronavirus.

There is no comparison, dope.
H1N1 is a flu. Covid 19 is not. One is history one is not. The results are yet to be determined. You're the one showing retarded bias by arrempting to compare a half grown apple to a fully grown orange.

BE RATIONAL

No, you just pick and choose the ones that agree with you, and ignore all the others.

I use the official numbers, dope.

The stupidity of trump supporters on this thread at the beginning of the thread is mesmerizing hahaha..the dumbest group of people behind the dumbest person on earth.

Yes. It's actual data from confirmed cases. In case you hadn't noticed, our trajectory so far has mirrored Italy's. They indeed have an overcrowded health system that has more capacity per capita than ours.

Actually, Italy has a vastly weaker health care system than ours. They also have a much older population.

Nonsense.

Oh, WELL, if the secretary/treasurer of the Internet Fucktard Club simply declares it isn't so, I guess we'll all just take it as settled, because we all value your knowledge and wisdom so much.

Or maybe we'll continue looking at you like squashed dog turds on the sidewalk.

Why Is the Coronavirus Outbreak So Bad in Italy?

"Italy’s current national health service, known as Servizio Sanitario Nazionale (SSN), provides free universal care to patients yet remains under-funded. Investments in public healthcare make up only 6.8% of the country’s gross domestic product (GDP), which is lower than other countries in the European Union including France and Germany.

“The continuous cuts—to care and to research—are obviously a problem right now,” Casani says. “We were not prepared. We do not have enough doctors for the people. We do not have an organized plan for pandemics.”

Countries With The Largest Aging Population In The World

"The world is aging rather rapidly. However, there are a few countries, such as Japan and Italy, that stand out from among the rest, due to the immense proportions of their citizens over 65 years of age.

Japan is home to the oldest citizenry in the world, with 27% of its population being 65 years of age or older.

Next on this list is Italy, with 23% of its population being 65 years of age or older."

Take a moment to go fuck yourself, and then come back for the rest of your education, lackwit.

Nope. Sorry, dope.
Your typical anti-commie bullshit is not only inacurate but just plain retarded given the availability of infirmation. If you had the ability for critical thought you would realize that the number of critically ill ovewhelmed their capacity to adequately treat them all despite Italy having a larger per capita healthcare capacity than the US does. Crawl back in your hole and await further instruction.

I always enjoy being told I'm "retarded" by someone who can't even make the insult coherently. Exactly what I would expect from someone who is given facts and thinks just saying, "You're wrong, I KNOW this is how it is" will somehow achieve something.
Your inability to grasp simple information is apparent. Your ability to recognize and understand that shortcoming makes you retarded.

The economy is being harmed by the Coronavirus hysteria created by the mainstream media. The virus itself will not harm our economy that much as long as we don't over-react. Most of the damage being done by the Coronavirus is being done by people talking about it and over-reacting. Contrast this with how well the world handled the flu pandemic of 1918. The stock market in the USA actually only dropped about 5% that year.

To put things into perspective, the 1918 flu killed about 50,000,000 people out of 1.6 billion. Today, that would be proportional to a virus killing about 215 million people worldwide. That sounds like it would be devastating, except if there was no global market crash in 1918, there is certainly no reason for us to panic and create one today.

We need to stop panicking, stoically let the virus run its course and keep working or we might suffer an economic depression.

View attachment 313818
Not really.

The vast majority of people who contract COVID19 will not die and many of them will have symptoms so minor they will not need to seek medical attention

Unfortunately that’s just not the case. Due to lack of testing availability, only the sickest people are tested. As you say, the majority don’t seek medical attention meaning the number is FAR higher.

so what, the number of unreported common colds is also very high. People with few or no symptoms are not going to get tested or report sick.
'

you libs keep whining about the lack of test kits. Tell us how the govt should have prepared millions of test kits for a virus that no one even knew would exist.

Hell man, test kits are just nasal swabs that are no different than those used for the typical influenza.

We had a few months to build up a capacity before it hit us. We are pretty far behind.

View attachment 313819

Well that’s a relief.

Actually it is a relief, because it means that the denominator is a lot higher and it makes the death rate a lot lower.

Further, if millions are already infected, we are a lot closer to the end of this.
No. It means there’s a lot more vectors out there.

No one serious believes millions are already infected.

BE RATIONAL

It's not news to normal people that pneumonia is a major killer of the elderly, and can set in with almost any sort of illness. Hell, I knew a guy in his twenties, otherwise healthy, who got an open wound in his leg and ended up with pneumonia during his hospital stay.

And unless I'm badly misreading the news reports, it's the onset of pneumonia that's killing the people who die from contracting coronavirus.

Pneumonia is the official cause of death for a lot of old timers. A couple of the old timers who passed in my family officially died of pneumonia, but were suffering from parkinsons and lung cancer at the time.

View attachment 313819

Well that’s a relief.

It is if you can wrap your brain around the fact that the vast majority will recover quickly and not even be all that sick.

And the fact that the death rate goes way down if and when you can factor in a larger number of people who get infected and get over it.

No it isn’t. There’s a lot more vectors out there.

View attachment 313818
Not really.

so what, the number of unreported common colds is also very high. People with few or no symptoms are not going to get tested or report sick.
'

you libs keep whining about the lack of test kits. Tell us how the govt should have prepared millions of test kits for a virus that no one even knew would exist.

Hell man, test kits are just nasal swabs that are no different than those used for the typical influenza.

We had a few months to build up a capacity before it hit us. We are pretty far behind.

Most people who are infected with influenza never get tested , never get a nasal swab. They aren't that ill, most don't go to the doctor, and even those who do are usually not tested. With no cure, supportive and symptomatic care is all that is needed. Making the case "officially" an influenza is no benefit to the patient.

View attachment 313818
Not really.

'

Most people who are infected with influenza never get tested , never get a nasal swab. They aren't that ill, most don't go to the doctor, and even those who do are usually not tested. With no cure, supportive and symptomatic care is all that is needed. Making the case "officially" an influenza is no benefit to the patient.

I find it hard to believe there’s still people out there saying this is no big deal. Crazy.

Not really.

'

I find it hard to believe there’s still people out there saying this is no big deal. Crazy.

It is a big fucking deal, make no mistake about it. The Obama-Biden Plague is causing devastation worldwide, but thank Almighty God that President Trump and his top advisor on this, Mr. Kushner, are on the job here and have already made tremendous progress toward resolving the issue. Compare and contrast with the failure of the Obama Regime, when B. Hussein O gave the cancer problem to Sleepy Joe to resolve. A total and complete debacle.

Forum List

Back