We need to stop over-reacting to the Coronavirus.

I could have used SARS or MERS as wel
No, sorry, you could not have. Neither was as contagious. Neither overwhelmed our hospitals 60 days after the first case, at just the start of the exponential growth.

You really can't string thoughts together for more than about 5 minutes, can ya? Focus!
PUHlease

This bug ain't so spectacular. Our unpreparedness is not a sign of how bad the bug is.

This is what happens when we design our medical system to be run at capacity 100% of the time leaving no ability to respond to something unexpected.

The fact is the actual lethality rate is going to be far lower than people are saying now and this type of epidemic is a one off for this particular bug.

I refuse to panic like you are
I'm not panicked at all, idiot. I'm simply adressing your misinformation.

I haven't put out any misinformation.

I just said this bug ain't so spectacular in the long run.

This epidemic is illustrating what's wrong with our medical system and the error of designing a system that we run at or near 100% capacity at all times.

You are simply wrong. You are promoting erroneous information. You are part of the problem. Just stop.
Novel means new to humans. Period.

You're too dense to understand what I am saying.

be gone

You're not saying anything worthwhile. You're arguing over the quality of trash.

Novel means one thing only. New to humans.
And I am trying to tell you that to be new to humans only a minuscule change in a virus is necessary you fucking dolt

Which means nothing.
It's precisely that change that makes it so virulent. Humans have no immunity.

Actually most people do because most people who get it won't die

think about will ya?

No, they don't. They became infected because there is no natural immunity, dope.
There is no natural immunity to literally thousands of viruses and bacteria. You seem to think contracting this virus is a death sentence. it isn't because moat people's immune system will be able to fight it off

Moron

You obviously have no understanding of what immunity is. Just stop.
More than you do obviously.

Even with vaccines there are too many bugs to count that humans have no immunity to infection even though the immune system of most people can fight them off eventually

You're blowing this out of proportion just like all the other idiots
Fighting the infection and becoming infected in the first place are two different things, dope. This is highly contagious precisely because humans have no natural immunity. Like I said. You have no understanding.

So what?

Humans have no natural immunity to thousands of things

You make it sound like this is the only bug out there that people have no immunity to.

And even though people get infected that truth is that more than 99% of all people have immune systems capable of fighting the infection.

I'm not "making it sound like" anything other than what it is. It's your own obvious incompetence that prevents you from understanding.

Immunity pertains to becoming infected, dope.

I know what it means you don't seem to understand that this bug isn't the only thing people have no immunity to. So in that way it's not remarkable
I know what it means you don't seem to understand that this bug isn't the only thing people have no immunity to. So in that way it's not remarkable
Completely irrelevant to anything I've posted.
How stupid. We're currently fighting covid though, dope.
no you just go on and on about how people have no immunity to this bug

Because we don't, dope. That's why it spreads readily. Hence the pleas for social distancing.

View attachment 317499
So.....what is your point then?

Wow I thought it was obvious

It's not obvious at all when you refute your own assertions. Is that you Donny?

Where have i done that?

You are simply wrong. You are promoting erroneous information. You are part of the problem. Just stop.

be gone

You're not saying anything worthwhile. You're arguing over the quality of trash.

And I am trying to tell you that to be new to humans only a minuscule change in a virus is necessary you fucking dolt

Which means nothing.

think about will ya?

No, they don't. They became infected because there is no natural immunity, dope.
There is no natural immunity to literally thousands of viruses and bacteria. You seem to think contracting this virus is a death sentence. it isn't because moat people's immune system will be able to fight it off

Moron

Even with vaccines there are too many bugs to count that humans have no immunity to infection even though the immune system of most people can fight them off eventually

Fighting the infection and becoming infected in the first place are two different things, dope. This is highly contagious precisely because humans have no natural immunity. Like I said. You have no understanding.

So what?

You make it sound like this is the only bug out there that people have no immunity to.

And even though people get infected that truth is that more than 99% of all people have immune systems capable of fighting the infection.

I'm not "making it sound like" anything other than what it is. It's your own obvious incompetence that prevents you from understanding.

Because we don't, dope. That's why it spreads readily. Hence the pleas for social distancing.

View attachment 317499

Where have i done that?

I sure would like to follow this conversation but I don't feeling like wearing out my mouse wheel.

Because other viruses aren't contagious and aren't contracted all over the world?
You too, dumbass

Name another one that overwhelmed our hospitals just 60 days after the first case, while still spreading exponentially. And name another one spreading quickly across the world right now.

Or stfu, for the love of satan

Need help moving those goalposts, dumbass? YOU said, and I quote, "What makes it "remarkable" is that it is very contagious and spreading all over the world." And when you get called on it, you want to call US dumbasses for not meeting parameters you just made up, and pretend THAT was what you said to begin with.

I tell you what. YOU acknowledge that you got called on what you said, and then MAYBE I will allow you to ask another question, if you're polite enough. You can take your interrogation, as though someone needs to justify something to you, and go fuck yourself with it.

And I doubt even Satan likes morons like you any more than the rest of us.

Yeah let's forget about the plague that actually wiped out over 75 million people
Had to go back pretty far there, eh? There's your first clue.

The plague was caused by a bacterium. Brain teaser for ya: do you think 75 million would have died, if there was broad access to antibiotics at the time? Take your time.

Or the 1918 flu that killed more people than WWI
So, let me get this straight...your evidence for why this "happens all the time" and we are "overreacting" is to bring up a 100 year old pandemic that ravished the planet?

What the fk is wrong with your brain, dude?

More goalpost-moving.

"What makes this remarkable is that it's contagious and spreads across countries."

"No, wait, what REALLY matters is overwhelming hospitals quickly."

"No, what REALLY matters is whether it was recent."

Why don't you come out and tell us your REAL goalpost: name me one that we can use to advance the leftist agenda right now!

be gone

Which means nothing.

think about will ya?

Moron

So what?

View attachment 317499

It was . . . to everyone who isn't determined to pretend they can't see it.

be gone

Which means nothing.

think about will ya?

Moron

So what?

View attachment 317499

Where have i done that?

I sure would like to follow this conversation but I don't feeling like wearing out my mouse wheel.
yeh the quote trees get really long.

There should be a way to shorten them up as they get longer and longe
This bug ain't so spectacular. Our unpreparedness is not a sign of how bad the bug is.
The fact that it will send so many people to the hospital on such a short amount of time is a sign.

Just shut up already. You tried every idiotic right wing talking point, and you fell on your face with all of them.
This is more a criticism of our medical service industry than anything else.

Tell me what system do you know that can run at 100% capacity all the time and still be able to be prepared for anything out of the ordinary?

What makes it "remarkable" is that it is very contagious and spreading all over the world."
Correct. And the closest example either of you dumbasses came up with to try to debunk that was the 1918 Spanish flu. And you did this to try to downplay covid-19, when Spanish flu ravished the globe. You are both idiots.

What makes it "remarkable" is that it is very contagious and spreading all over the world."
Correct. And the closest example either of you dumbasses came up with to try to debunk that was the 1918 Spanish flu. And you did this to try to downplay covid-19, when Spanish flu ravished the globe. You are both idiots.

I didn't "come up with" anything, or try to debunk anything. I just pointed out that you have a different standard to go by every time you post. That you immediately did it AGAIN and read something in the post that wasn't even being said just goes to prove that 1) I was right about your goalpost-moving, and 2) you are the last person to be qualified to call anyone an "idiot".

I just pointed out that you have a different standard to go by every time you post.
False. This virus is remarkable. It is new, we have no immunity, it is spreading quickly, and it is making people very ill.

You two dummies said it's not remarkable. So I asked for comparisons. And the best you fools could produce was a remarkable virus from 1918.

Basically, you're both my dim witted assistants, making my point for me. Thanks.

I just pointed out that you have a different standard to go by every time you post.
False. This virus is remarkable. It is new, we have no immunity, it is spreading quickly, and it is making people very ill.

You two dummies said it's not remarkable. So I asked for comparisons. And the best you fools could produce was a remarkable virus from 1918.

Basically, you're both my dim witted assistants, making my point for me. Thanks.

Not false. You have utterly ignored where I listed your own statements of shifting parameters in the mistaken belief that simply re-asserting how right you are will somehow convince people.

And I'm done with your attempts to make this a discussion about you in order to prevent discussions about important things. You want to talk about yourself? Do it to yourself.

There are better ways of doing this, but when you don't have a plan and are unprepared, all you're left with is imprecise, blunt,"over reacting" measures

It's going to be a slow, targeted, recovery. I know of people that have asked their employer to be fired so they can collect unemployment after the recovery happens. They have conditions in which they cannot get the virus. All of these semantics are going to make this interesting.

Forum List

Back