We Need To Speak Honestly About The GOP's Evolution Into A Conspiracy Cult

ROFLOL! The Democratic Party dragged the country through the mud for 2 years while trying to peddle their bogus Trump-Russian-collusion conspiracy theory. You can't get a much bigger, wilder conspiracy theory than to claim that the GOP nominee conspired with the Russians and that that nominee has been doing the Russians' bidding after getting elected!
All of you nut-bars saying "Russian conspiracy theory" are an excellent demonstration of the issue being discussed in the OP.

I'm a world where conservatives bothered to educate themselves rather than just swallow the trips their "media" force feeds them tRump would be in prison pending trial.

The Russian connection is not a conspiracy theory, it's a well documented fact that you just chose not to believe.

OH REALLY?

{
1. Potential Coordination: Conspiracy and Collusion

As an initial matter, this Office evaluated potentially criminal conduct that involved the

collective action of multiple individuals not under the rubric of "collusion," but through the lens

of conspiracy law. In so doing, the Office recognized that the word "collud[e]" appears in the

Acting Attorney General's August 2, 2017 memorandum; it has frequently been invoked in public

reporting; and it is sometimes referenced in antitrust law, see, cg, Brooke Group 12. Brown

Williamson Tobacco Corp, 509 US. 209, 227 (1993). But collusion is not a specific offense or

theory of liability found in the US. Code; nor is it a term of art in federal criminal law. To the

contrary, even as defined in legal dictionaries, collusion is largely synonymous with conspiracy as

that crime is set forth in the general federal conspiracy statute, 18 U.S.C. 371. See Black ?3 Law

Dictionary 321. (10th ed. 2014) (collusion is agreement to defraud another or to do or obtain

something forbidden by law?); 1 Alexander Burrill, A Law Dictionary and Glossary 31 (1871)

(?An agreement between two or more persons to defraud another by the forms of law, or to employ

such forms as means of accomplishing some unlawful object?); 1 Bouvier's Law Dictionary 352}

1. Potential Coordination: Conspiracy and Collusion

As an initial matter, this Office evaluated potentially criminal conduct that involved the

collective action of multiple individuals not under the rubric of "collusion," but through the lens

of conspiracy law. In so doing, the Office recognized that the word "collud[e]" appears in the

Acting Attorney General's August 2, 2017 memorandum; it has frequently been invoked in public

reporting
; and it is sometimes referenced in antitrust law, see, cg, Brooke Group 12. Brown

Williamson Tobacco Corp, 509 US. 209, 227 (1993). But collusion is not a specific offense or

theory of liability found in the US. Code; nor is it a term of art in federal criminal law. To the

contrary, even as defined in legal dictionaries, collusion is largely synonymous with conspiracy as

that crime is set forth in the general federal conspiracy statute, 18 U.S.C. 371. See Black's Law

Dictionary 321. (10th ed. 2014) (collusion is agreement to defraud another or to do or obtain

something forbidden by law); 1 Alexander Burrill, A Law Dictionary and Glossary 31 (1871)

(?An agreement between two or more persons to defraud another by the forms of law, or to employ

such forms as means of accomplishing some unlawful object?); 1 Bouvier's Law Dictionary 352}

Lying fucking moron.
Lol, just what is it that you think that says?

'Cause that doesn't address my post in the least little bit.

I swear, sometimes this place is like full on twilight zone.

One of the challenges in analyzing modern American politics is accurately describing the Republican Party without seeming unserious and hyperbolic. Unfortunately, the modern Republican Party’s abdication of seriousness, good faith and reality-based communications or policy-making has stretched even the most open-minded analyst’s capacity for forced balance. But there comes a tipping point at which it becomes too dangerous to keep up the pretense. Most people left of center would argue (rightly, I believe) that we hit that point long, long ago and the time to re-evaluate journalistic norms and practices should have been decades earlier when the GOP was busy covering up the Iran Contra scandal and promoting the Laffer Curve as serious public policy.

A conversation that is owed to those that fought to preserve the norm.
Your lib mouthpiece appears to be pissed that trump voters do not see him and his fellow libs in the news media as credible sources of information

and in that is correct

I dont respect journalists anymore or believe what they tell us
And that’s why the GOP has become a conspiracy cult. They don’t trust outside information.
Translation, they don't trust liars like the poster I quote.
Nope. They just don’t trust anything they don’t want to believe.
Sounds more like your side of the political fence.

Our side fact checks everything and questions everything. Even those who agree with us.

Fake news sites are always right wing sites. One purveyor of fake news explained why.
And once again we see in this very thread those on the dishonest right doing what they always do: responding with idiotic red herring fallacies about a Russian ‘conspiracy theory’ along with ridiculous attempts to deflect from the topic because they know they have no valid argument to respond with, because they know the thread premise is correct.
Exactly. The right has made conspiracy theories so much a basis of their ideology they are unable to tell the truth from fiction.
OK FICTION QUEEN

Do you have a real response, which refutes the arguments, or just a bunch of non-sequiters, and insults, showing that in fact the OP is correct and you've got nothing.

The Republican Party is the party of crashing the US economy and screwing working people to pay the bill for it. When Trump cut taxes, I said that the first two times Republicans did this, they crashed the economy, and the third time was unlikely to be the charm, and here we are.

Instead of dealing with the corona virus, Trump is blaming the Chinese for his refusal to deal with it, blaming the Democrats for existing, and making insane allegations of plots against his Presidency. And you're cheering him on like a trained seal.

Republicans spend all of their time trashing Democrats because they have no record to run on. Not this year, or any other year. Lies, conspiracy theories, divison and hate. These are the Republican values.

Americans are dying by the tens of thousands and Donald Trump doesn't give a rat's ass.

One of the challenges in analyzing modern American politics is accurately describing the Republican Party without seeming unserious and hyperbolic. Unfortunately, the modern Republican Party’s abdication of seriousness, good faith and reality-based communications or policy-making has stretched even the most open-minded analyst’s capacity for forced balance. But there comes a tipping point at which it becomes too dangerous to keep up the pretense. Most people left of center would argue (rightly, I believe) that we hit that point long, long ago and the time to re-evaluate journalistic norms and practices should have been decades earlier when the GOP was busy covering up the Iran Contra scandal and promoting the Laffer Curve as serious public policy.

Your lib mouthpiece appears to be pissed that trump voters do not see him and his fellow libs in the news media as credible sources of information

and in that is correct

And that’s why the GOP has become a conspiracy cult. They don’t trust outside information.

Our side fact checks everything and questions everything. Even those who agree with us.

Fake news sites are always right wing sites. One purveyor of fake news explained why. Leftists unmasked their fake stories in ten minutes or less. They fact check everything. Conservatives will believe anything that conforms to their core beliefs without question.

Trump will never convince blacks to vote for him. They’ve been lied to all of their lives. They know a con man when they see one. And now that they have the answer to the question “What do you have to lose”, they won’t stay home in 2020. They’ll ensure Trump doesn’t get in again.

Obama spied on the incoming Administration. Were the Parties reversed and Bush spied on Born in Kenya Barack, I have no doubt all the top Bush people would have been given the death penalty

For what? Spying on the other side isn’t illegal. Not when they’re undermining the current administration with foreign governments, using unregistered foreign agents and other criminals.

Dopey Donald Trump has bullied the GOP lawmakers into total shameful obeisance to the extent they have become invisible men and are not allowed to initiate any policy proposals without giving Trump the opportunity to steal their ideas and claim the credit.

Dopey Donald Trump has stolen the GOP lawmakers oxygen and consigned many of them to the poop-chute of history.

Considering all the overwhelming, undeniable evidence of crimes, sedition, treason, and more by Obama, his criminal administration, and Democrats, by claiming there is a 'GOP Evolution Into A Conspiracy Cult', the OP has rendered his entire thread moot and self-identified as a Trump-hating, TDS-suffering, reality-denying, emotionally manipulated snowflake who should be ignored...and pitied.

framxeixex051.jpg

and in that is correct

Fake news sites are always right wing sites. One purveyor of fake news explained why.
And once again we see in this very thread those on the dishonest right doing what they always do: responding with idiotic red herring fallacies about a Russian ‘conspiracy theory’ along with ridiculous attempts to deflect from the topic because they know they have no valid argument to respond with, because they know the thread premise is correct.
Exactly. The right has made conspiracy theories so much a basis of their ideology they are unable to tell the truth from fiction.
OK FICTION QUEEN

Do you have a real response, which refutes the arguments, or just a bunch of non-sequiters, and insults, showing that in fact the OP is correct and you've got nothing.

The Republican Party is the party of crashing the US economy and screwing working people to pay the bill for it. When Trump cut taxes, I said that the first two times Republicans did this, they crashed the economy, and the third time was unlikely to be the charm, and here we are.

Instead of dealing with the corona virus, Trump is blaming the Chinese for his refusal to deal with it, blaming the Democrats for existing, and making insane allegations of plots against his Presidency. And you're cheering him on like a trained seal.

Republicans spend all of their time trashing Democrats because they have no record to run on. Not this year, or any other year. Lies, conspiracy theories, divison and hate. These are the Republican values.

Americans are dying by the tens of thousands and Donald Trump doesn't give a rat's ass.

and in that is correct

OK FICTION QUEEN

Do you have any other comments without lying? or are you saying democrat controlled mainstream media willfully lied to America? Yes I believe you did finally admit a truth You'll believe a lie if it fits your narrative that you want to lie about.

I'm old enough to remember when the GOP was a respectable political party. I even campaigned once for a GOP candidate. My parents supported the elder Bush. Now it is nothing but a cult full of freaks, biker scum and religious nutjobs.
The last great Republican president america had that was not corrupt was Calvin Coolidge.america has been a shithole ever since then sadly

Considering all the overwhelming, undeniable evidence of crimes, sedition, treason, and more by Obama, his criminal administration, and Democrats, by claiming there is a 'GOP Evolution Into A Conspiracy Cult', the OP has rendered his entire thread moot and self-identified as a Trump-hating, TDS-suffering, reality-denying, emotionally manipulated snowflake who should be ignored...and pitied.

framxeixex051.jpg
Gunrunning to Mexican cartel gun killed Border agent Brian Terry
Using the IRS as a weapon against the political opposition
Trying to influence the 2016 election using the DOJ
Gunrunning from Libya to Syria cause and Ambassador to be killed
Attempted Coup of a new Presidental administration
Trading a deserter for 5 Terrorist
Iranian tarmac money drop
Clinton Lynch Tarmac meeting
Joe Biden Threatening Ukraine

A conversation that is owed to those that fought to preserve the norm."We have been studying Washington politics and Congress for more than 40 years, and never have we seen them this dysfunctional. In our past writings, we have criticized both parties when we believed it was warranted. Today, however, we have no choice but to acknowledge that the core of the problem lies with the Republican Party.

The GOP has become an insurgent outlier in American politics. It is ideologically extreme; scornful of compromise; unmoved by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science; and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition.

When one party moves this far from the mainstream, it makes it nearly impossible for the political system to deal constructively with the country’s challenges."

your party has moved pretty far from that mainstream too....
:thankusmile::yes_text12::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
amen to that.

framxeixex051.jpg
:thankusmile: :yes_text12: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: A certain lady here is going to get depressed and start crying when she sees these pesky facts that expose Obama and the corruption of the dems:up: :lmao: :auiqs.jpg: I can’t post videos since I amusing a tablet otherwise I would post the excellent Obama deception documents here.the Obama lovers are cowards,they never take my challenge to watch it:auiqs.jpg::lmao:

Obama spied on the incoming Administration. Were the Parties reversed and Bush spied on Born in Kenya Barack, I have no doubt all the top Bush people would have been given the death penalty

For what? Spying on the other side isn’t illegal. Not when they’re undermining the current administration with foreign governments, using unregistered foreign agents and other criminals.
Actually it is ever heard of Watergate?

your party has moved pretty far from that mainstream too....
When Did the GOP Lose Touch With Reality?

"I’ve been a Republican all my adult life. I have worked on the editorial page of The Wall Street Journal, at Forbes magazine, at the Manhattan and American Enterprise Institutes, as a speechwriter in the George W. Bush administration. I believe in free markets, low taxes, reasonable regulation, and limited government. I voted for John McCain in 2008, and I have strongly criticized the major policy decisions of the Obama administration. But as I contemplate my party and my movement in 2011, I see things I simply cannot support.

America desperately needs a responsible and compassionate alternative to the Obama administration’s path of bigger government at higher cost. And yet: This past summer, the GOP nearly forced America to the verge of default just to score a point in a budget debate. In the throes of the worst economic crisis since the Depression, Republican politicians demand massive budget cuts and shrug off the concerns of the unemployed. In the face of evidence of dwindling upward mobility and long-stagnating middle-class wages, my party’s economic ideas sometimes seem to have shrunk to just one: more tax cuts for the very highest earners. When I entered Republican politics, during an earlier period of malaise, in the late seventies and early eighties, the movement got most of the big questions—crime, inflation, the Cold War—right. This time, the party is getting the big questions disastrously wrong."

Gunrunning to Mexican cartel gun killed Border agent Brian Terry
Using the IRS as a weapon against the political opposition
Trying to influence the 2016 election using the DOJ
Gunrunning from Libya to Syria cause and Ambassador to be killed
Attempted Coup of a new Presidental administration
Trading a deserter for 5 Terrorist
Iranian tarmac money drop
Clinton Lynch Tarmac meeting
Joe Biden Threatening Ukraine
You could hardly have done more to prove the OP's point than writing down that list of crazy conspiracy theories woven with grotesque distortions of the truth. It would have been easier for you to say, "yes, I admit it, I believe in made up horseshit."

Here's a place for you to start deprogramming the bullshit you believe.

"Now consider another related trait implicated in our divide over reality: the “need for cognitive closure.” This describes discomfort with uncertainty and a desire to resolve it into a firm belief. Someone with a high need for closure tends to seize on a piece of information that dispels doubt or ambiguity, and then freeze, refusing to consider new information. Those who have this trait can also be expected to spend less time processing information than those who are driven by different motivations, such as achieving accuracy.

A number of studies show that conservatives tend to have a greater need for closure than do liberals, which is precisely what you would expect in light of the strong relationship between liberalism and openness. “The finding is very robust,” explained Arie Kruglanski, a University of Maryland psychologist who has pioneered research in this area and worked to develop a scale for measuring the need for closure.

The trait is assessed based on responses to survey statements such as “I dislike questions which could be answered in many different ways” and “In most social conflicts, I can easily see which side is right and which is wrong.”

The only thing that isn't a conspiracy theory is the fact that the only attempt to influence the 2016 election was done by obama using the thugs at the DOJ
If you found yourself undergoing psychiatric evaluation while saying something like that you'd run the risk of being committed.

It was certainly an issue during the later Reagan years. But it didn't really ramp up until Newt and his Republican Revolution rolled into town. For the Republican Party, it's been a slow, steady descent ever since. The moderates and real conservatives have been driven out of the party. They've given a home to every right wing kook in the country and tried to make enemies out of the media and anyone who questions their motives. The whole conspiracy theory immersion has been happening since Obama was elected. Throw any lie against the wall and see if it sticks. I'm hoping we can get back to something approaching a normal news cycle next January.

In 2016, a study by the Center for Public Integrity showed that 96% of campaign donations by journalists went to Donald Trump,
compared to just 3.5% which went to Hillary Clinton.
While coverage of President Obama included 59% favorable content among the 10 news outlets compared to 41% negative,
coverage of President Trump has included a whopping 20% of reporting that is negative in tone, with just 80% that is positive.

It was certainly an issue during the later Reagan years. But it didn't really ramp up until Newt and his Republican Revolution rolled into town. For the Republican Party, it's been a slow, steady descent ever since. The moderates and real conservatives have been driven out of the party. They've given a home to every right wing kook in the country and tried to make enemies out of the media and anyone who questions their motives. The whole conspiracy theory immersion has been happening since Obama was elected. Throw any lie against the wall and see if it sticks. I'm hoping we can get back to something approaching a normal news cycle next January.

In 2016, a study by the Center for Public Integrity showed that 96% of campaign donations by journalists went to Donald Trump,
compared to just 3.5% which went to Hillary Clinton.
While coverage of President Obama included 59% favorable content among the 10 news outlets compared to 41% negative,
coverage of President Trump has included a whopping 20% of reporting that is negative in tone, with just 80% that is positive.

Literally - none of that is even remotely true.

Forum List

Back