we need to repeal Obamacare and replace it with Medicare For All, my friends

dblack writes:

"The irony of Medicare for All is that gullible progressives think it will remove insurance company profits from the equation. Medicare does the opposite. A lot of people mistakenly think of Medicare as government run insurance. It's not. Medicare farms out insurance to the same companies that you're dealing with now. The only difference between Medicare and private insurance is that the government pays for it, rather than your employer."

===

It IS Government Run insurance, I am on Medicare, have to pay a MONTHLY Premium to the Government.

"The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), is a federal agency within the United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) that administers the Medicare program and works in partnership with state governments to administer Medicaid, the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), and health insurance portability standards."
Bullshit, they insure nothing.

Ha ha, keep ignoring this, it makes you look silly.

"The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), is a federal agency within the United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) that administers the Medicare program and works in partnership with state governments to administer Medicaid, the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), and health insurance portability standards."

LINK

dblack writes:

"The irony of Medicare for All is that gullible progressives think it will remove insurance company profits from the equation. Medicare does the opposite. A lot of people mistakenly think of Medicare as government run insurance. It's not. Medicare farms out insurance to the same companies that you're dealing with now. The only difference between Medicare and private insurance is that the government pays for it, rather than your employer."

===

It IS Government Run insurance, I am on Medicare, have to pay a MONTHLY Premium to the Government.

The point he was trying to make, was that progressives think that if you have Medicare for All, that it eliminates profit driven insurance companies.

It does not. Medicare is administered through private profit-making insurance companies. It is very profitable for private insurance companies to process medicare claims, because if it wasn't, they would not do it, and then Medicare would cease to function.

I USE Medicare, used it several times, there has been NO connection private insurance companies in my bills, yes I actually pay some of the bills I get. I have been DROPPED by a Doctor because Medicare doesn't pay enough for him to stay in business, therefore he has to stop accepting Medicare. I have found a few other doctors NOT accepting Medicare, either, in my search for a new Doctor.
That's what I used to think:
But, if coverage is denied unfairly… don’t blame the government. It’s probably not “Medicare” that made the decision; it’s most likely a private insurance company that’s paid by Medicare to make coverage decisions.
God you people, they(private company's) are paid to administrate medicare, they insure nothing unless you have a advantage plan . people and their bullshit.

They do exactly the same thing that they do for an employer provided group insurance. Look it up if you don't believe me. Research MACs (Medicare Administrative Contractors). Insurance companies are getting rich on this shit. https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/04/most-of-top-insurers-revenue-comes-from-medicare-medicaid.html

dblack writes:

===

The point he was trying to make, was that progressives think that if you have Medicare for All, that it eliminates profit driven insurance companies.

It does not. Medicare is administered through private profit-making insurance companies. It is very profitable for private insurance companies to process medicare claims, because if it wasn't, they would not do it, and then Medicare would cease to function.

I USE Medicare, used it several times, there has been NO connection private insurance companies in my bills, yes I actually pay some of the bills I get. I have been DROPPED by a Doctor because Medicare doesn't pay enough for him to stay in business, therefore he has to stop accepting Medicare. I have found a few other doctors NOT accepting Medicare, either, in my search for a new Doctor.
But, if coverage is denied unfairly… don’t blame the government. It’s probably not “Medicare” that made the decision; it’s most likely a private insurance company that’s paid by Medicare to make coverage decisions.

Your link provided ZERO factual support of its claims........., would have helped a lot if they show hard evidence of what they claim, but they don't.

Medicare (CMS) repeatedly states in the handbook not to allow outside groups tell you how to use the program, only CMS has that authority. That is why they send a yearly handbook, have all medicate members have an account with CMS, encourage members to ask them questions about any part of the Medicare program with CMS.

===

It is clear you are going to ignore this I have already posted:

The Government is running the program, I know this personally as I get their yearly handbook that described what they do and what I can do with it. I pay my premium directly to the HHS every month. They are the ones in control of the program.

I know this personally as I get their yearly handbook that described what they do and what I can do with it.

I'm not going to argue with you about it. Because I don't know for certain either way.

But what I absolutely do know for certain, is that how government actually works, and how government claims to work, are very different.

Go read some of Thomas Sowell's books, where he describes how government actually worked, when he himself worked for the government.

All the hand books, and all the reports, and all the laws, and all the statements about "this is how government operates!"... it is all lies.

They can write anything in that booklet, and it may not be anything even close to how government actually functions.

Again, I don't know. I am not saying that you are wrong.

What I am saying is that you should not ever believe that because it says such-and-such in a book the government gave you, means that is how the government actually works.

Governments lie constantly. CONSTANTLY.

We just had a guy from the government, say directly and openly, that he told everyone that you did not need a mask, because he wanted to make sure that hospital staff had masks.

He lied openly and directly, and that lie was repeated and published all of the nation.

And you are telling me, that you know for a fact how government works, because government gave you a booklet?

No, don't be foolish. See if an insurance company lies, you can sue the crap out of them in court. When government lies.... well look at Franklin Raines from Fannie Mae, that lied and fabricated numbers. Nothing happen to him, and he was in contact with the Obama administration after he was caught lying and fabricating numbers.

Government lies constantly. Don't trust little booklets that say "this is how government works". Government can tell you anything. Doesn't mean diddly jack.

Sigh,

I already know Medicare sucks, but it is all I can use at age 60. I am shut out of Obamacare completely because the state wants me off their Apple Health program, when Medicare became available for me, in fact they, BEHIND my back, took me off Apple Health, put me on Medicare without my knowledge. I get these Medicare cards out of the blue in the mail about the same time Apple Health told me I am no longer in their program. I didn't do anything to make this happen, it just BOOM happened, I was surprised!

Never did I say Medicare is great or that it is what everybody should have.

I can't completely vouch for everything in the CMS booklet, but is it the OFFICIAL handbook I have to use.
You are leaving a few facts out aren't you, I know why it happened .

dblack writes:

===

Your link provided ZERO factual support of its claims........., would have helped a lot if they show hard evidence of what they claim, but they don't.

Medicare (CMS) repeatedly states in the handbook not to allow outside groups tell you how to use the program, only CMS has that authority. That is why they send a yearly handbook, have all medicate members have an account with CMS, encourage members to ask them questions about any part of the Medicare program with CMS.

===

The Government is running the program, I know this personally as I get their yearly handbook that described what they do and what I can do with it. I pay my premium directly to the HHS every month. They are the ones in control of the program.

I know this personally as I get their yearly handbook that described what they do and what I can do with it.

I'm not going to argue with you about it. Because I don't know for certain either way.

But what I absolutely do know for certain, is that how government actually works, and how government claims to work, are very different.

Go read some of Thomas Sowell's books, where he describes how government actually worked, when he himself worked for the government.

All the hand books, and all the reports, and all the laws, and all the statements about "this is how government operates!"... it is all lies.

They can write anything in that booklet, and it may not be anything even close to how government actually functions.

What I am saying is that you should not ever believe that because it says such-and-such in a book the government gave you, means that is how the government actually works.

We just had a guy from the government, say directly and openly, that he told everyone that you did not need a mask, because he wanted to make sure that hospital staff had masks.

He lied openly and directly, and that lie was repeated and published all of the nation.

And you are telling me, that you know for a fact how government works, because government gave you a booklet?

No, don't be foolish. See if an insurance company lies, you can sue the crap out of them in court. When government lies.... well look at Franklin Raines from Fannie Mae, that lied and fabricated numbers. Nothing happen to him, and he was in contact with the Obama administration after he was caught lying and fabricating numbers.

Government lies constantly. Don't trust little booklets that say "this is how government works". Government can tell you anything. Doesn't mean diddly jack.

Sigh,

I already know Medicare sucks, but it is all I can use at age 60. I am shut out of Obamacare completely because the state wants me off their Apple Health program, when Medicare became available for me, in fact they, BEHIND my back, took me off Apple Health, put me on Medicare without my knowledge. I get these Medicare cards out of the blue in the mail about the same time Apple Health told me I am no longer in their program. I didn't do anything to make this happen, it just BOOM happened, I was surprised!

I can't completely vouch for everything in the CMS booklet, but is it the OFFICIAL handbook I have to use.

Neither have YOU or cblack posted any counterpoint to it, just evidence/fact free babble.

Meanwhile I AM ON MEDICARE, have been billed by them, have paid the monthly premium to them. I have never seen an insurance company anywhere in my program.

I don't think you have a clue.

Obamacare was an enormous on what there was before...which was nothing. but Medicare For All would be an enormous improvement on Obamacare, my friends!

Why would I want my taxes raised to care for illegals and deadbeats?
You’re the dead beat.......gop supporters have always been in the way of prosperity. The economy gets worse under conservatives and does much better under liberals who believe in science and education. The gop is the party of the stooooopid.
If you are at all concerned for the econimy you would be a total idiot to vote for a right wing hate party candidate for president. They are a disaster as far as the economy is concerned.

dblack writes:

===

LINK
Ace the key word is administer , they insure nothing. unless it'
dblack writes:

===

LINK
bullshit they insure nothing "The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), is a federal agency within the United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) that administers the Medicare program and works in partnership with state governments to administer Medicaid, the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)" They get paid to administrate medicare and medicaid , that's it ace , exactly what I told you the first time.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services - Wikipedia. Why is it the ones that know the least claim to be the biggest authority on everything???????

dblack writes:

===

God you people, they(private company's) are paid to administrate medicare, they insure nothing unless you have a advantage plan . people and their bullshit.

They do exactly the same thing that they do for an employer provided group insurance. Look it up if you don't believe me. Research MACs (Medicare Administrative Contractors). Insurance companies are getting rich on this shit. https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/04/most-of-top-insurers-revenue-comes-from-medicare-medicaid.html
just try reading the mac"s full name ,that's what it does it insures nothing "Medicare relies on private health care insurers to support Original Medicare (Part A and Part B) administrative duties, such as claims processing, appeals handling, and provider contracting. Both Medicare Administrative Contractors (MACs) and Qualified Independent Contractors (QICs) are involved in the appeal process. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the federal body that manages the Medicare program, provides oversight of Medicare contractors." What Are Medicare Contractors and How Do They Help with Appeals? - Plan Prescriber

dblack writes:

===

===

Sigh,

Neither have YOU or cblack posted any counterpoint to it, just evidence/fact free babble.

Meanwhile I AM ON MEDICARE, have been billed by them, have paid the monthly premium to them. I have never seen an insurance company anywhere in my program.

What the hell are you arguing against what I said.

dblack writes:

===

LINK
Ace the key word is administer , they insure nothing. unless it'
dblack writes:

===

LINK
bullshit they insure nothing "The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), is a federal agency within the United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) that administers the Medicare program and works in partnership with state governments to administer Medicaid, the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)" They get paid to administrate medicare and medicaid , that's it ace , exactly what I told you the first time.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services - Wikipedia. Why is it the ones that know the least claim to be the biggest authority on everything???????

I have from the start stated that it is a Government run insurance program, then I showed hard evidence they do exactly that:

"Medicare is a federal program that offers health insurance to American citizens and other eligible individuals. The program is often called Original Medicare. It has two parts—Part A and Part B. It is CMS who makes the offer to seniors who are eligible."

bolding mine

Have you ever read what Part A and Part B are? The HHS set those up, NOT the insurance companies.

Maybe this will help sweep away your confusion?

There you will learn that Medicare sets it all up for you, all you can do is Chose Plan A, Plan B or more rarely chose Plan C or D, that pretty much it, you NEVER deal with an insurance company at all.

Hello Medicare

LINK

People on Medicare deals with CMS organization, not with insurance companies.

dblack writes:

===

LINK
That's not a answer , I asked why you are arguing against what I said, the point is you have no clue what I said. For instance I've said all along that private company's only administer medicare and medicaid. That's what you are arguing about I guess. If that isn't it. tell us all what the point I made that you are arguing against .

dblack writes:

===

LINK
That's not a answer , I asked why you are arguing against what I said, the point is you have no clue what I said. For instance I've said all along that private company's only administer medicare and medicaid. That's what you are arguing about I guess. If that isn't it. tell us all what the point I made that you are arguing against .

:auiqs.jpg:

Man you have a hard time getting it, NEVER once did I say Insurance companies are not involved, What I keep telling you repeatedly is that HHS is running the entire Medicare program FOR those who are eligible, the plans, the premiums, the coverage. All eligible members does, is chose Plan A, B, C or D that's it, CMS does the rest.

Medicare members never see a bill from an insurance company, it come from CMS, they never deal with insurance company policies or pricing, CMS does that. All I do is show the Medicare card to a health provider, there are no names of Insurance companies on the card, it actually states MEDICARE Health Insurance at the top of the freaking card! just the Part A and Part B status and account number, that's it. CMS is running the program, not any insurance companies.

This quote is from an Insurance company who understand this far better than you do. The link YOU chose to ignore which is why you keep stumbling around the Insurance company is doing it all confusion.

"Medicare is a federal program that offers health insurance to American citizens and other eligible individuals. The program is often called Original Medicare. It has two parts—Part A and Part B. It is CMS who makes the offer to seniors who are eligible."

bolding mine

CMS is running the insurance coverage for Medicare programs, not the Insurance companies themselves. That is the distinction you fail to understand over and over...... :itsok:

You finally get it?

Last edited:
dblack writes:

===

LINK

"Only administer" is all insurance companies ever do. They manage a pool of money created from a group's premiums and process claims. That's exactly what they do for Medicare. Again, if you want to learn about this, the info is out there. (See links and search suggestions above) The only difference between employer provided insurance and Medicare is that government pays the premiums rather than an employer. The insurance companies till perform the same "service" and get paid for it. In fact, they make more money from MACs than they do in the private market, which is no surprise. Government colluding with private business nearly always results in a windfall for business.

Medicare members never see a bill from an insurance company, it come from CMS, they never deal with insurance company policies or pricing, CMS does that.

Yep. Just like members of an employer provided group plans never see a bill. It comes from their employer, or is deducted from their paycheck by the employer. They never deal with insurance company polices or pricing. The employer does that.

Obamacare was an enormous on what there was before...which was nothing. but Medicare For All would be an enormous improvement on Obamacare, my friends!

Why would I want my taxes raised to care for illegals and deadbeats?
You’re the dead beat.......gop supporters have always been in the way of prosperity. The economy gets worse under conservatives and does much better under liberals who believe in science and education. The gop is the party of the stooooopid.

Listen up nimrod! I pay my taxes an I believe in science and education as I was a teacher for 21 years before retiring.

Our economy was doing so great under the Democrats, that's why they lost the election or won it. George H. W. Bush lost to Clinton because it was messed up economy. Don't try to change history. That's one of the subjects I taught.

dblack writes:

===

===

Sigh,

If you are under 60, how are you on Medicare? Shouldn't that be Medicaid?

dblack writes:

===

===

Sigh,

Yes, just remember, it is specifically because Medicare exists, that you have no other options.

Government interventions, shut out free-market solutions.

Just think about it. Why would any insurance company try and come up with a competitive insurance police, which would require them to pay for you.... when they can just push people onto the government, and get paid money to shuffle papers around?

Of course they are not going to do that. Why would they?

Why would *I*... work hard to provide you a service... when I can push you unto the government and not have to word hardly at all, and get paid for stamping papers?

So everyone that says they are 'stuck' on government programs, needs to remember the entire reason there is no better options, is because of those government programs.

So everyone that says they are 'stuck' on government programs, needs to remember the entire reason there is no better options, is because of those government programs.

And of course being "stuck" on government programs means you're in crosshairs for more sticking every single election. There's a cruel, but utterly just, irony in watching Democrats complain about how Trump is fucking up everyone's health insurance. Did they never consider this possibility when the were campaigning to have government take over health insurance in the first place???

Forum List

Back