We Make It Up As We Go Along

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Democrat Congressman admits today that with all of this talk about rules, "We make it up as we go along..."

Well God Bless the Democrat Party!!!

Constitution??? What Constitution???

We don't need no stinkin' Constitution!!!!

___

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbHTJSu_2Lk]YouTube - Key House Democrat: "There Are No Rules Here ... We Make Them Up As We Go Along"[/ame]

Any idea of the full context of this, Sinatra?

Sounds like Pelosi's "We need to pass the bill so we will know what is in it" line.

I listened to the Congressional discussion as long as I could stand it today, but no new ground was broken. Same old same old. The Republicans asked some questions that had interesting answers, but those were eclipsed by long winded speeches that ever so occasionally actually focused on the bill. I suspect the Democrats were being intentionally suffocatingly boring so folks would not watch, but they could still say that the debate was open and 'transparent'.

Of course, the full context is not given.

Sinatra is the usual USMB hack.

She is also an obvious shrill for the GOP considering this is from Bohner's youtube page.

She is also an obvious shrill for the GOP considering this is from Bohner's youtube page.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I think you are twatwhistle's twin.. :eusa_whistle:

The statement is so outrageous, I figure it might be less damning than it appears on Youtube. That is why I would like to see the full context before passing judgment on it. Pelosi's statement, within its full context, wasn't quite as damning as the sound bite either.

However, the Democrats are absolutely revising the rules as they go along because they wouldn't be able to pass the horrendous healthcare legislation any other way.

But if we want the Democrats to play fair, the opposition should play fair too.

The statement is so outrageous, I figure it might be less damning than it appears on Youtube. That is why I would like to see the full context before passing judgment on it. Pelosi's statement, within its full context, wasn't quite as damning as the sound bite either.

However, the Democrats are absolutely revising the rules as they go along because they wouldn't be able to pass the horrendous healthcare legislation any other way.

But if we want the Democrats to play fair, the opposition should play fair too.

___

I don't have the full context - just that clip.

And that clip is quite a statement!!

But if we want the Democrats to play fair, the opposition should play fair too.[/quote]

You're kidding, right?

Even if the dems pass healthcare, the States (~38) plan to sue, plus there are major constitutionality issues, then after that, there are the 2010 and 2012 elections, then after that the votes to repeal the dems bogus healthcare laws. Assuming that the "house parliamentarian" even allows today's vote. (I hope he doesn't).

I can't wait to see Pelosi and Reid and Obama after the GOP unleashes their "nuclear options" in the coming years.

Even if the dems pass healthcare, the States (~38) plan to sue, plus there are major constitutionality issues, then after that, there are the 2010 and 2012 elections, then after that the votes to repeal the dems bogus healthcare laws. Assuming that the "house parliamentarian" even allows today's vote. (I hope he doesn't).

I can't wait to see Pelosi and Reid and Obama after the GOP unleashes their "nuclear options".

Just to get this straight.

Dems using "nuclear options" = Wrong.
GOP using "nuclear options" = Drooling at the prospect.

Just making sure I understand that. :thup:

I can't wait to see Pelosi and Reid and Obama after the GOP unleashes their "nuclear options".

Just to get this straight.

Dems using "nuclear options" = Wrong.
GOP using "nuclear options" = Drooling at the prospect.

Just making sure I understand that.

Using "reconciliation" to pass healthcare is by definition the "nuclear option".
When the GOP repeals it via simple majorities it's fair-play. Politics in DC just got a lot more interesting with a lot less civility. I expect to see scrums like they have in Korea and Japan any time now.

But if we want the Democrats to play fair, the opposition should play fair too.[/quote]

You're kidding, right?

The opposition has no power to play fair or unfair. The ball is in the Democrats' court and it is there to do with as they wish.

The last I heard a short time ago is that the first of three votes has been taken - the first to approve the rule by which the bill will be decided. And that passed handily with all Democrat votes. If that is an indication of things to come, it is likely that the bill will be passed tonight and it is speculated that President Obama will sign it into law tonight.

So much for giving the American people a full look at it and complete transparency as he promised time and again during the campaign, huh.

Shrill...a high pitched whine as in a siren....

Puhleeeze, Phil.

If this were an 8 second snippet of a half statement made by Boner you would screaming to high heaven for the full in context quote.

Puhleeeze, Phil.

If this were an 8 second snippet of a half statement made by Boner you would screaming to high heaven for the full in context quote.

Ironically with this being from boner's youtube page.

Puhleeeze, Phil.

What the fuck are you babbling about...all I did was define "shrill"....I could care less what happens to this country....if you can't beat them, join them....I'll let suckers like Dogbert support me while I take the next 40 years off.

What the fuck are you babbling about...all I did was define "shrill"....I could care less what happens to this country....if you can't beat them, join them....I'll let suckers like Dogbert support me while I take the next 40 years off.

By sucker do you mean taxpayer? :eusa_eh:

Puhleeeze, Phil.

Neither you nor I were born yesterday so let's not act like it. You know exactly what the fuck I am "babbling" about.

Puhleeeze, Phil.

Neither you nor I were born yesterday so let's not act like it. You know exactly what the fuck I am "babbling" about.

....like your chosen party never ever took a sound bite and claimed it was the entire jist of a conversation.....you're right....choose your poison.

By sucker do you mean taxpayer? :eusa_eh:

Well....considering you'll only have a few dollars left for yourself I do pity you...but just think....you'll be giving me a hand out from all of your hard work.:lol: I'm already getting a little from Uncle Sam from my retirement annuity....but I want more.

Forum List

Back