We know about Trumps Accomplishments, but what about Accomplishments from Congress?

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
I feel like I have been rude. I spout off about Trumps first three years accomplishments, blah blah, blah.

I didn't give anyone a chance to tell (or brag ;)) about Congress' accomplishments. I am so sorry! Go ahead:

I feel like I have been rude. I spout off about Trumps first three years accomplishments, blah blah, blah.

I didn't give anyone a chance to tell (or brag ;)) about Congress' accomplishments. I am so sorry! Go ahead:

Congress doesn’t have any. To busy thinking up ways to impeach President Trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

House Democrats have passed nearly 400 bills. Trump and Republicans are ignoring them.

Democrats in the House have been passing bills at a rapid clip; as of November 15, the House has passed nearly 400 bills, not including resolutions. But the House Democratic Policy and Communications Committee estimates 80 percent of those bill have hit a snag in the Senate, where Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is prioritizing confirming judges over passing bills.

Congress has passed just 70 bills into law this year. Granted, it still has one more year in its term, but the number pales in comparison to recent past sessions of Congress, which typically see 300-500 bills passed in two years (and that is even a diminished number from the 700-800 bills passed in the 1970s and 1980s).

Impeachment is sucking up all the time that could be used for positive things.

Found Some!

5 bipartisan accomplishments of the 115th Congress

“Criminal justice reform”

SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act.

boost the U.S. efforts to aid Christians and other religious minorities who were victimized by the Islamic State’s genocide in Iraq and Syria that began in 2014.

Introduced in May 2017, the Protecting Religiously Affiliated Institutions Act was signed into law

reauthorization to the U.S. Farm Bill, an $867 billion

House Democrats have passed nearly 400 bills. Trump and Republicans are ignoring them.

Democrats in the House have been passing bills at a rapid clip; as of November 15, the House has passed nearly 400 bills, not including resolutions. But the House Democratic Policy and Communications Committee estimates 80 percent of those bill have hit a snag in the Senate, where Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is prioritizing confirming judges over passing bills.

Congress has passed just 70 bills into law this year. Granted, it still has one more year in its term, but the number pales in comparison to recent past sessions of Congress, which typically see 300-500 bills passed in two years (and that is even a diminished number from the 700-800 bills passed in the 1970s and 1980s).
Post the 400 bills and resolutions, we have time. I don't see that the prioritizing judges is such a problem. That is an issue all presidents have to have voted on presidents. He is still able to get things done.

And please list the 70 bills to see how many were naming buildings.

Found Some!

boost the U.S. efforts to aid Christians and other religious minorities who were victimized by the Islamic State’s genocide in Iraq and Syria that began in 2014.

Introduced in May 2017, the Protecting Religiously Affiliated Institutions Act was signed into law

Post the 400 bills and resolutions, we have time. I don't see that the prioritizing judges is such a problem. That is an issue all presidents have to have voted on presidents. He is still able to get things done.

Sorry- I don't feel any need to do the research that you are too lazy to do.

The House passes bills- Mitch McConnell won't let them even be discussed.

Tell us what the Senate has accomplished? Oh right- confirming judges- that is about all the Senate does now. It doesn't pass legislation- it doesn't even confirm Presidential appointees.

Found Some!

Sorry- I don't feel any need to do the research that you are too lazy to do.

The House passes bills- Mitch McConnell won't let them even be discussed.

Tell us what the Senate has accomplished? Oh right- confirming judges- that is about all the Senate does now. It doesn't pass legislation- it doesn't even confirm Presidential appointees.
Of the items I found for the house's accomplishments, it always said Trump did this and that. I dropped the praise for Trump, making all the note worthy information on the representatives.

Oh I'm not so lazy that I can't find their accomplishments. I feel the same way you do. They are not to be found. Thank you for responding on this thread. :)

Yeah, here are some bills AOC co sponsored

To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 599 East Genesse Street in Fayetteville, New York, as the "George H. Bacel Post Office Building". H.R. 5451

To direct the Secretary of Health and Human Services to conduct a study to assess the unintended impacts on the health and safety of people engaged in transactional sex, in connection with the enactment of the Allow States and Victims to Fight Online Sex Trafficking Act of 2017 (Public Law 115-164) and the loss of interactive computer services that host information related to sexual exchange, and for other purposes.
H.R. 5448

(To require the disclosure of foreign business interests of senior Government officials and their spouses and family members, to require the President and Vice President to disclose their tax returns, to prevent political appointees from receiving payments from foreign entities, and for other purposes. H.R. 5433

Gee, only 1 person co sponsored this, wonder why, not AOC)

All the 'green' legislation she hasn't co sponsored

Yeah, AIDS drugs came early, woo hoo

Forum List

Back