We KNEW it would happen sooner or later.. Vegas victim suing

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Las Vegas shooting: Lawsuit filed as new questions raised over timeline - CNN
California college student injured in the Las Vegas music festival massacre filed a lawsuit Wednesday against the hotel owners, the concert promoter and bump stock manufacturers, claiming they were all liable in the mass shooting.

The claims against MGM Resorts International, which owns both Mandalay Bay and the concert venue that hosted the festival, raise more questions about a timeline that has changed numerous times -- and, according to Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo, could change again. The suit also questions why hotel staff didn't notice the shooter's behavior in several instances.
Specifically, the lawsuit accuses MGM, of failing to respond in a timely manner to the "shooting of Mandalay Bay security officer Jesus Campos, who had gone to the 32nd floor to check on an alert from another guest room and who was shot six minutes prior to" the massacre beginning.
The lawsuit, which also names the shooter's estate and other entities, comes as an MGM employee says he owes his life to Campos' heroism, and as Lombardo tells the local newspaper that he refuses "to say that somebody dropped the ball."
---
Frivolous bullshit.
I bet she was in tears of joy before she even felt the blood coming out.
Dont even know the motive and already there are law suits.... SMH
Pathetic
I hope the judge throws it out and forces to her to pay everyones legal fees like they did an aurora victims mother.
http://www.motherjones.com/politics...-i-was-ordered-to-pay-her-killers-gun-dealer/

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
If i ever get hit by a drunk driver, maybe i should sue Budweiser and FORD.

morons

If you get a VD while fucking a prostitute in a sleezy hotel room, you should DEFINITELY sue the mattress manufacturer.
:lol:

The only potentially culpable party to that suit is the Hotel. The shooter was beyond the scope of the concert promoter's control and the bump stock manufacturer would only be liable for a defect. Looks like the LEGAL product worked as designed.

California college student injured in the Las Vegas music festival massacre filed a lawsuit Wednesday against the hotel owners, the concert promoter and bump stock manufacturers, claiming they were all liable in the mass shooting.

The claims against MGM Resorts International, which owns both Mandalay Bay and the concert venue that hosted the festival, raise more questions about a timeline that has changed numerous times -- and, according to Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo, could change again. The suit also questions why hotel staff didn't notice the shooter's behavior in several instances.
Specifically, the lawsuit accuses MGM, of failing to respond in a timely manner to the "shooting of Mandalay Bay security officer Jesus Campos, who had gone to the 32nd floor to check on an alert from another guest room and who was shot six minutes prior to" the massacre beginning.
The lawsuit, which also names the shooter's estate and other entities, comes as an MGM employee says he owes his life to Campos' heroism, and as Lombardo tells the local newspaper that he refuses "to say that somebody dropped the ball."
---
Frivolous bullshit.
Pathetic
I hope the judge throws it out and forces to her to pay everyones legal fees like they did an aurora victims mother.
My Daughter Was Murdered in a Mass Shooting. Then I Was Ordered to Pay Her Killer’s Gun Dealer. – Mother Jones
Well yeah, but riddle me this ... in this day and age, how does somebody get 20 guns into a hotel room? This wasn't one drunk hitting another one and MGM getting sued for not enough rent a cops.

"man im so sorry i hit you. I got drunk at tgi fridays and....."
"im suing the shit out of them. It wasnt your fault bro"
:lol:

---
Frivolous bullshit.
Pathetic
My Daughter Was Murdered in a Mass Shooting. Then I Was Ordered to Pay Her Killer’s Gun Dealer. – Mother Jones
Just as I predicted.

---
Frivolous bullshit.
Pathetic
Well yeah, but riddle me this ... in this day and age, how does somebody get 20 guns into a hotel room? This wasn't one drunk hitting another one and MGM getting sued for not enough rent a cops.
Because people carrying in bags at a hotel is something more rare than 7.2 magnitude earthquakes?

I wonder if leaving the Do Not Disturb sign on the door will now be a reason for a no knock warrant to be conducted by masked and armed government agents at 3 AM.

Nobody is libel for what that mad fuck did, I'm glad he blew his own brains out and is dead. Now the woman who just lost her husband and two youngest kids to an illegal who killed them she should sue every Dem involved in sanctuary cities.

---
Frivolous bullshit.
Pathetic
Bump stock manufacturers for sure should be sued. They made a product that turned something illegal. People need to take responsibility for what they put out there. But I bet they won't.

---
Frivolous bullshit.
Pathetic
Bump stock manufacturers for sure should be sued. They made a product that turned something illegal. People need to take responsibility for what they put out there. But I bet they won't.

No bump stocks do not make a rifle illegal.

---
Frivolous bullshit.
Pathetic

Should the screwdriver manufacture the guy used also be sued? The bump stock is not illegal hence there's no case.

---
Frivolous bullshit.
Pathetic
Lol yea those people that grow apples should be sued because people use them to smoke pot.

I'd be worried if I'm the guy who sells those bump stocks.

On another note, if it really took the police over an hour to respond to that room on the 32nd floor, perhaps a sympathetic judge or jury will feel they're entitled to some financial relief.

It was bound to happen. Especially after such a tragic event. Not only are people angry and looking to find blame somewhere, but also lawyers are like sharks looking for a victim to "find justice for", at their usual retainer price and award %.

In reality, the legal system is extremely important, but to exploit a tragedy is disappointing at best. Some of this may have merit though, the courts will decide in the end.

The Bump Stock manufacturer did not create a product that made the rifle illegal.
BATFE-Bumpfire-AR-15-Stock-Letter.jpg

Furthermore, the subsequent ILLEGAL actions of Paddock were the SOLE PROXIMATE CAUSE of all the injuries or death.

Forum List

Back