We just had the most productive Congress since the Eisenhower Era — here’s what that means for the country

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
It means additional trillions in government debt and more strangling regulations.

After 36 years in Congress, all of it on the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, I can confidently say this is the most transformative session of Congress for our transportation system since President Eisenhower established the Interstate Highway System.
Let’s review the tape.
Last fall we passed the historic bipartisan infrastructure law. This transformational legislation provides $660 billion for transportation—the largest ever one-time infusion of federal funds into our nation’s transportation system. It will provide over $400 billion in funding for roads, bridges, and major multimodal projects. In my state of Oregon alone, that means over $3.7 billion to rebuild and modernize roads and bridges over the next five years. It provides the largest investment in public transportation in U.S. history, which will take cars off the road and improve the lives of those that rely on transit for their daily needs. It will strengthen our nation’s supply chains and boost local economies by investing $17 billion in ports. And it will do all this while creating good paying jobs that can’t be outsourced.

It means additional trillions in government debt and more strangling regulations.

After 36 years in Congress, all of it on the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, I can confidently say this is the most transformative session of Congress for our transportation system since President Eisenhower established the Interstate Highway System.
Let’s review the tape.
Last fall we passed the historic bipartisan infrastructure law. This transformational legislation provides $660 billion for transportation—the largest ever one-time infusion of federal funds into our nation’s transportation system. It will provide over $400 billion in funding for roads, bridges, and major multimodal projects. In my state of Oregon alone, that means over $3.7 billion to rebuild and modernize roads and bridges over the next five years. It provides the largest investment in public transportation in U.S. history, which will take cars off the road and improve the lives of those that rely on transit for their daily needs. It will strengthen our nation’s supply chains and boost local economies by investing $17 billion in ports. And it will do all this while creating good paying jobs that can’t be outsourced.
As opposed to the Trillion dollar Government debt from Trumps trillion dollar tax cut for billionaires?

I’ll take spending money on infrastructure, education and healthcare

As opposed to the Trillion dollar Government debt from Trumps trillion dollar tax cut for billionaires?

When everybody had a good job?
Any other lies you’d like to post?

That's a drop in the bucket compared to what the Dims approved.

I want government to stop funding all of this crap, especially education.

Let’s review the tape.
We are $30 trillion in debt and have massive inflation.

We should be cutting back on government spending instead of spending more borrowed money for projects that will only benefit the greedy unions and their bosses.

That's a drop in the bucket compared to what the Dims approved.

I want government to stop funding all of this crap, especially education.
That is the difference:
Education yields $9 for every dollar invested in extra tax revenue.
You want tax cuts because you still believe in trickle down economics...

That is the difference:
Where has that been proven? How much does a graduate in Women's Studies yield the taxpayers?

it's hilarious that you just posted a claim that spending on education yields trickle down benefits and then immediately attack "trickle down economics."

Last edited:
That is the difference:
what kind of cockamamie propaganda is this?

Forum List

Back