'We Have To Pass It To Find Out What's In It' 2.0

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Every element of my economic plan is overwhelmingly popular,” explained President Joe Biden. “But the problem is, with everything happening, not everybody knows what’s in that plan.”

If every element of the $3.5 trillion reconciliation bill were overwhelmingly popular, then Democrats would be spending time talking about every element in the plan. They’re not. Why?

Instead, Democratic leaders have spent the last ten days telling themselves and the public that the plan costs zero dollars. That’s not what you do when you are confident that the things you are about to purchase are overwhelmingly popular. In this they compare unfavorably to the gutless husbands who try to explain that their luxury-watch and sports-car purchases are about resale value and constitute an investment. Telling us that the Build Back Better plan costs zero dollars is basically begging people to consider it too unimportant to look into it.

Democrats vowed to “save democracy” from the evils of Trump and the Republicans. And yet, there’s been no real debate over the purposes of this bill, except over the price tag. And that’s being done behind closed doors with Senators Kyrsten Sinema and Joe Manchin, who occasionally smirk or growl at reporters in the seconds before the elevator door closes on them.

The other day Nancy Pelosi spoke publicly about the $3.5 Trillion, and while doing so she said, 'Let's not talk about / focus on the numbers ($3.5 TRILLION).'
- Sounding like a shady con artist...

We aren't suppose to focus on or talk about the cost of the bill - $3.5 TRILLION - which experts believe will cost closer to $5.5 TRILLION. We also are not allowed to know what is in the self-enriching, pork-filled, deficit-adding nightmare (except what hgas leaked out so far. Soooooo........we're just supposed to sit back, close our eyes, and trust the DEMOCRATS?

:shok: :auiqs.jpg:

Every element of my economic plan is overwhelmingly popular,” explained President Joe Biden. “But the problem is, with everything happening, not everybody knows what’s in that plan.”

If every element of the $3.5 trillion reconciliation bill were overwhelmingly popular, then Democrats would be spending time talking about every element in the plan. They’re not. Why?

Instead, Democratic leaders have spent the last ten days telling themselves and the public that the plan costs zero dollars. That’s not what you do when you are confident that the things you are about to purchase are overwhelmingly popular. In this they compare unfavorably to the gutless husbands who try to explain that their luxury-watch and sports-car purchases are about resale value and constitute an investment. Telling us that the Build Back Better plan costs zero dollars is basically begging people to consider it too unimportant to look into it.

Democrats vowed to “save democracy” from the evils of Trump and the Republicans. And yet, there’s been no real debate over the purposes of this bill, except over the price tag. And that’s being done behind closed doors with Senators Kyrsten Sinema and Joe Manchin, who occasionally smirk or growl at reporters in the seconds before the elevator door closes on them.

The other day Nancy Pelosi spoke publicly about the $3.5 Trillion, and while doing so she said, 'Let's not talk about / focus on the numbers ($3.5 TRILLION).'
- Sounding like a shady con artist...

We aren't suppose to focus on or talk about the cost of the bill - $3.5 TRILLION - which experts believe will cost closer to $5.5 TRILLION. We also are not allowed to know what is in the self-enriching, pork-filled, deficit-adding nightmare (except what hgas leaked out so far. Soooooo........we're just supposed to sit back, close our eyes, and trust the DEMOCRATS?

:shok: :auiqs.jpg:

How can "not everybody know what's in that plan" if "every element of my economic plan is overwhelmingly popular"? IOW, someone needs to explain to Quid Pro that he just contradicted himself in the same sentence.

They wouldn't bury laws that fine employers from $70,000 to $700,000 for not following vaccine fascism, WOULD THEY?

In 2,500 pages? No way.

They also wouldn't hide other shit that could be open to interpretation either. Everything has to be clearly defined and worded so it's easy to understand.

That was all sarcasm for anyone who wishes to think otherwise. That shits gonna be more crooked than a pretzel factory.

IDK. I really think this forced retirement savings could really backfire on people who are barely making ends meet. It really is just a stock market subsidy anyway---keep prices inflated by manufacturing more demand for a closed number of stocks.

I emailed and called my idiot reps and senators. Probably won't do much good. They're as worthless as the Ds at this point.
The thing is by now, no e mailing should be needed. The frustration of voters has been known for enough time where the legislators should be properly apprised of their feelings on issues and what to do.

How can "not everybody know what's in that plan" if "every element of my economic plan is overwhelmingly popular"? IOW, someone needs to explain to Quid Pro that he just contradicted himself in the same sentence.
Not at all. People can support the elements without knowing that they’re in the bill.

Forum List

Back