We Have the Right to Assemble and Freedom of Religion - Unlawful Arrest of Preacher

theres no talking to rw morons about doing the right thing - they have NO CONCEPT BETWEEN RIGHT AND WRONG

Given that one of the biggest conservatives on this board - me - happens to be arguing the point you want to make (better than you are), there is not enough "fuck you" in the world for your partisan hack bullshit.

I'm not a Jehovah's Witness, but the God I believe in says to treat others how I want to be treated. That's what the do unto others as they do unto you means. Jesus opposed injustice, this is why I oppose racists. A persons choice of religion doesn't make me better than them because I am a Christian. A persons works is what we look at, and when you have Christians pretending to be for life and for war at the same time, when they will argue for an unborn child to be born, then oppose things that keep them alive, I have a problem with people calling themselves Christian. Those here doing that have no right to condemn Newtonians their choice of religion. IMO, religion is the problem around here any way and Jesus opposed religions, he taught spirituality.

gold_star_winner_flexible_magnet-rbaaf5c42e240442a81b1769246992ed3_ambom_8byvr_200.jpg

Looks like some of our government officials haven't read the Constitution.

---Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne was charged with misdemeanor counts of unlawful assembly---

Public safety, kid. Emergency measures and all that.

Country based on individual liberty, and freedom of religion and all that.

Granted, I think the idiot should have stayed home.... but the fact is, we are country based on freedom and liberty. Sorry, but you don't get to just make us your slaves because you want to. By all means, convince, argue, and encourage. But no, we are a free people. Period.

Oh, calm down with the rhetorical hyperbole. Yes, we're based on the concept of freedom, but we've never attempted to suggest that anyone should have unlimited freedom, precisely because one person's unlimited freedom would end up abrogating the freedoms of others. And this is not a violation of religious freedom, nor is this some "grand valorous battle" for any sort of religious freedom. It's stupidity, selfishness, and sanctimony cloaking itself in the Constitution.

"If you don't let us gather in big groups, you're making us your slaves." Take a breath.

I'm not a Jehovah's Witness, but the God I believe in says to treat others how I want to be treated. That's what the do unto others as they do unto you means. Jesus opposed injustice, this is why I oppose racists. A persons choice of religion doesn't make me better than them because I am a Christian. A persons works is what we look at, and when you have Christians pretending to be for life and for war at the same time, when they will argue for an unborn child to be born, then oppose things that keep them alive, I have a problem with people calling themselves Christian. Those here doing that have no right to condemn Newtonians their choice of religion. IMO, religion is the problem around here any way and Jesus opposed religions, he taught spirituality.
So you treat everyone like they owe you something?

Are you a judge?
I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, and I know the good pastor will get off after hiring a lawyer.

No, you don't. I ask again. Are you a judge?
Are you a leftist derpwad that knows nothing about The Constitution? I bet damn good and well you are.

Both sheriff's offices in both counties will have to answer for this egregious violation of The Constitution.

And neither sheriff's office in either county are part of Congress.
And that changes that they egregiously violated The Constitution how?

Why do you seem to think that Christians should be exempt from the rules that apply to everyone else?

Government in America is supposed to keep their hands off of Religion. That's the 1st Amendment.
Government is also supposed to protect the public's safetly. When Constitutional provisions collide, government has to pick one over the other. In this case, they chose public safety over staying out of religion, in part, since those religious folks can find alternate methods to practice their faith without risking the public's safety.
And to address the Constitution aspects of it- government can only ignore constitutional protections for reasons that narrowly constructed for valid reasons- for example- the government can tell a church it can only have 100 people in the building because of fire regulations- this is an acceptable restriction on the right to assemble because there is a clear public safety reason for it- this is exactly the same.

Now if the government said that it was only closing churches, or only closing houses of worship- and ignoring theaters and stadiums- then there would be a real constitutional issue.

Later on this month, the Jihadi Community celebrate Ramadam. Will the libs have the guts to tell them to cancel their event too?

What do they even do to celebrate Ramadan? Can't say I know much about the practice of Islam.

Worship is a big part of it and breaking fasts together, daily and at other points, I believe

These same yahoos all over the Christians in church would sing a WHOLE different tunes if it were Muslims being arrested for worshiping believe me

^ pure cray cray bullshit. a brown mooooooslem can infect me or gramma just like you, suzie - after all they are human you know........

Please direct me to all the threads where you have denounced Muslims for any reason I'll wait right here

lol... i denounce anybody capable of terrorism - whether it's those who own AR-15s & slaughter their fellow americans or go into stores & ignorantly shed their corona germs that can kill fellow americans.

Playtime can't see the difference

anybody is a potential carrier, & therefore can be infected; by denying that truth & therefore capable of spreading a potentially deadly disease, totally disregarding that they may be walking silent killers .. is homegrown hayseed terrorism.

Anyone who knows anything about this scumbag, Rodney Howard-Brown, knows he should be committed just as much as he should be arrested. And not for staying open during this pandemic so he could hustle more money out of his sheep. He's a fucking loon and a scam artist, not a pastor.

There are too many of those. But we are not arguing people. We are arguing principles of law, hello

The law is being laid down.....in most states i think....but if people had any common sense no law would be required....only stupid people want to participate in big gatherings in these times.

the scientist who actually know wtf they are talking about are saying BEST CASE SCENARIO is 100,000 - 240,000 people will be dead within a couple weeks if all 50 states shelter in place. but suzie thinks that shouldn't matter & those souls dying shouldn't matter.

Yeah but you drive a car will be Sue's response.

Which you cannot refute by your own words. You take risks every day which put others' lives at risk

Now go cry in the corner or stuff you thumb in your mouth or something

not unless you know you might have had too much to drink then still get behind the wheel.

Are you a judge?
I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, and I know the good pastor will get off after hiring a lawyer.

No, you don't. I ask again. Are you a judge?
Are you a leftist derpwad that knows nothing about The Constitution? I bet damn good and well you are.

Both sheriff's offices in both counties will have to answer for this egregious violation of The Constitution.

And neither sheriff's office in either county are part of Congress.
And that changes that they egregiously violated The Constitution how?

You actually want me to explain the laws of existence now? A life you should get.

Why do you seem to think that Christians should be exempt from the rules that apply to everyone else?

Government in America is supposed to keep their hands off of Religion. That's the 1st Amendment.
Government is also supposed to protect the public's safetly. When Constitutional provisions collide, government has to pick one over the other. In this case, they chose public safety over staying out of religion, in part, since those religious folks can find alternate methods to practice their faith without risking the public's safety.
And to address the Constitution aspects of it- government can only ignore constitutional protections for reasons that narrowly constructed for valid reasons- for example- the government can tell a church it can only have 100 people in the building because of fire regulations- this is an acceptable restriction on the right to assemble because there is a clear public safety reason for it- this is exactly the same.

Now if the government said that it was only closing churches, or only closing houses of worship- and ignoring theaters and stadiums- then there would be a real constitutional issue.

Later on this month, the Jihadi Community celebrate Ramadam. Will the libs have the guts to tell them to cancel their event too?

What do they even do to celebrate Ramadan? Can't say I know much about the practice of Islam.

Worship is a big part of it and breaking fasts together, daily and at other points, I believe

These same yahoos all over the Christians in church would sing a WHOLE different tunes if it were Muslims being arrested for worshiping believe me

^ pure cray cray bullshit. a brown mooooooslem can infect me or gramma just like you, suzie - after all they are human you know........

Please direct me to all the threads where you have denounced Muslims for any reason I'll wait right here

lol... i denounce anybody capable of terrorism - whether it's those who own AR-15s & slaughter their fellow americans or go into stores & ignorantly shed their corona germs that can kill fellow americans.

Playtime can't see the difference

anybody is a potential carrier, & therefore can be infected; by denying that truth & therefore capable of spreading a potentially deadly disease, totally disregarding that they may be walking silent killers .. is homegrown hayseed terrorism.

Anyone can be a carrier of a disease at any time, and there are a huge number of diseases that can kill you.

You have a pretty broad definition of "terrorism"

I think eventually Christians are start going to protest and holding services and it will be the beginning of The End Times Persecutions of Christians

In the end times the Church will be prosecuted......that is prophesied. But the efflort to contain this deadly virus from hell is in no way a persecution of the church....anyone that thinks that is severely in error.

In fact those who propose attending meetings which serve as a conduit for the virus I think are doing the devils work....perhaps without realizing it.

Also, given that the church deliberately provoked this conflict, it definitely doesn't meet the definition of "persecution", and the pastor and his attendees are no kind of "heroes" or "martyrs".
How does standing up for "Congress Shall MAKE NO LAW PROHIBITING the FREE EXERCISE of Religion = 'the church deliberately provoking this conflict"?

Does the Church or Government Pass Laws?

I just heard, "Accept my premise that this is standing up for the First Amendment, and THEN answer this question based on the assumption that my worldview is correct."

I don't accept that kind of crap from leftists, so why would I accept it from you? You want to discuss this topic with me, you don't come at me demanding that I concede that you're right about it before we even start.
Does THE CHURCH Make laws Prohibiting THE FREE EXERCISE of Religion or did Congress?

The Church has done nothing except continue on with their Constitutional rights.

Congress has violated The Constitution when they "Prohibit The Free Exercise of Religion."

Why should those rights supersede others rights to life?

Mainly because the premise that allowing people to exercise their explicitly-asserted First Amendment rights violates anyone else's right to life is a flat-out lie, and those of you telling it know damn well that you are lying.
Nope, it's not a lie. Congregating in large numbers increasing the spread of COVID-19. Not just among church-goers, but among those with whom they come in contact. That selfishly puts others lives in peril and unfortunately for some, brutally strips away their right to life.

Your pathetically weak excuse fails to justify placing the right to assemble above the right to life.
That is the legal/constitutional justification. There's no social need to ban snake handling, or even peyote use, if it's central to the exercise of religion, because no one besides the faithful are impacted. But the virus WILL WITHOUT ANY QUESTION spread outside of just the people assembling in some religious setting, because the faithful will not remain quarantined inside the locale of the religious setting.

So, if someone want to assert the regulation goes too far in banning the assembly altogether, they have to address how the exponential rise in sick people is not affected.

theres no talking to rw morons about doing the right thing - they have NO CONCEPT BETWEEN RIGHT AND WRONG

Given that one of the biggest conservatives on this board - me - happens to be arguing the point you want to make (better than you are), there is not enough "fuck you" in the world for your partisan hack bullshit.

you slobber this^^^^^^^^^^^^

your next post you're trying to educate one of the stupid shits-

like every other rw idiot, your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

KMA

Your pathetically weak excuse fails to justify placing the right to assemble above the right to life.

Your pathetically weak excuse fails to justify trashing the First Amendment over a manufactured “crisis”.

The freedom of Assembly is an explicitly-affirmed Constitutional right, and your ridiculous claim that anyone's right to life is violated by it is, at best, a greatly-exaggerated bit of hyperbole, if not a flat-out lie.

The right to assemble is already regulated for safety with requirements for permits.

The right to worship is already regulated also for safety by limits of how many people can be in particular buildings, fire codes and water and sanitation in waste removal and food.

So, complaints about limiting church services cannot honestly be grounded on concerns that govt is infringing by placing safety limits. Rather the arguments are really about whether the govt's power can go as far as totally shutting down any religious service to groups of say more than ten. That is there's no basis to argue govt cannot limit rights on the need for safety, but rather how far can the govt go.

Pretty much, that's correct. The government is not telling them what to believe or how to practice it; they're just telling them how many people can be present while doing so.
jmo, but it might help if religious groups were given some assistance in access to social media. The guy in LA who wouldn't shut it down said he needed to literally lay hands on his congregation. There's no compromise there, unless the govt want so declare that a vital function exception to say in place.

Anyone who knows anything about this scumbag, Rodney Howard-Brown, knows he should be committed just as much as he should be arrested. And not for staying open during this pandemic so he could hustle more money out of his sheep. He's a fucking loon and a scam artist, not a pastor.

There are too many of those. But we are not arguing people. We are arguing principles of law, hello

The law is being laid down.....in most states i think....but if people had any common sense no law would be required....only stupid people want to participate in big gatherings in these times.

the scientist who actually know wtf they are talking about are saying BEST CASE SCENARIO is 100,000 - 240,000 people will be dead within a couple weeks if all 50 states shelter in place. but suzie thinks that shouldn't matter & those souls dying shouldn't matter.

Yeah but you drive a car will be Sue's response.

Which you cannot refute by your own words. You take risks every day which put others' lives at risk

Now go cry in the corner or stuff you thumb in your mouth or something

not unless you know you might have had too much to drink then still get behind the wheel.

Yep. I sure hope Sue is staying away from other people and mitigating risk.

Hey every single liberlal/Leftist on this thread who has cried and whined and slobbered over the white Christians in their megachurches: go play in the shallow pool of your precious Identity Politics for a while and find out who some of the worst offenders of Still Going to Church are:

Black City Churchgoers. It's in my new thread under Current Events. Oh and this particularly dangerous because COVID is hitting some of these communities very hard

Go on, run over there and tell us how terrible it is that Black people are also going to church. I'll wait over there for ya

^^^

cray cray.gif

Your pathetically weak excuse fails to justify trashing the First Amendment over a manufactured “crisis”.

The freedom of Assembly is an explicitly-affirmed Constitutional right, and your ridiculous claim that anyone's right to life is violated by it is, at best, a greatly-exaggerated bit of hyperbole, if not a flat-out lie.
But like anyother right, it is not absolute and immune from govt regulation. It's already limited by building, water use and payment, playground safety, labor protections, licensing for professionals ……...

Forum List

Back