We Have the Right to Assemble and Freedom of Religion - Unlawful Arrest of Preacher

And nobody is denying you this right. There is no requirement in the Bible for you to gather in large numbers twice on Sunday and once on Wednesday. You can worship your God from your house, in fact this is how the very first Christians did it.

It's cute that Godless atheists who hate Christianity think that they are somehow entitled to any credibility in lecturing us on what our religion does or does not require of us.

They are always, always the FIRST ones to say exactly what God and Jesus wants. Always first.
Actually its you on the right that swears by your religousity.

And nobody is denying you this right. There is no requirement in the Bible for you to gather in large numbers twice on Sunday and once on Wednesday. You can worship your God from your house, in fact this is how the very first Christians did it.

It's cute that Godless atheists who hate Christianity think that they are somehow entitled to any credibility in lecturing us on what our religion does or does not require of us.

They are always, always the FIRST ones to say exactly what God and Jesus wants. Always first.

Are you trying to say something original? I don't see anything

Not reading through the whole thread but will share a Word to consider. Also will say that by law we have the right to assemble yet that does not mean it is prudent to do so in a church setting.

It is in Matthew Chapter 4. When the Spirit led Jesus into the wilderness to be tempted Satan told Jesus to throw himself down and Jesus responded to him you shall not tempt the Lord your God.

Why give into temptation to the possibility of exposing one's flesh being to a virus that can be and is already known to be deadly. Not that one should not take the government's threat to one's liberties lightly but to have an awareness that the possibility of catching and distributing a deadly virus is there and to wait a few weeks to let it all blow over. There are a lot of things that will need to be done to help take care of one another in the near future and if you get sick or even get another sick unnecessarily you may miss your chance to help another who needs your help.

exactly - this is only temporary. nobody is chaining the doors to houses of worship & throwing away the key

People want to be comforted by being in God's house. Period. And they have a right to do it. Period.

i have a right to be comforted by the fact that some selfish covidiot doesn't spread their damn cooties around so i'll catch it.
Then don't go out and don't go to church. Simple.

ya well --- those selfish enough not to care about their fellow humans who go to church, & end up picking up the virus, then go to the fucking grocery store & shed it - which scientists, you know...the ones that actually KNOW what they are talking about; say that COVID 19 can stay live & active on plastic & metal for up to 3 DAYS, can give it to me. or gramma. thinking bipeds realize that having food or god damn toilet paper is more important right now. NOT going to church for a few TEMPORARY weeks won't kill you ... but the virus could.

DUH.

Good for the police. People of other religions, including other Christian religions, know to stay home. These theatrical babes deserve what they get.
I bet if you asked your most religious of friends and acquaintances they would tell you they are not congregating. Common sense dictates.

one of my (R), fox news watching, pastor hagee devoted sisters, who is as evangelistical as they get even knows this pause needs to be done in order to help save lives.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Are you trying to say something original? I don't see anything

I understand why you can't face the truth. Especially when you repeat the same shit all the time yourself.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
People want to be comforted by being in God's house. Period. And they have a right to do it. Period.

i have a right to be comforted by the fact that some selfish covidiot doesn't spread their damn cooties around so i'll catch it.

ya well --- those selfish enough not to care about their fellow humans who go to church, & end up picking up the virus, then go to the fucking grocery store & shed it - which scientists, you know...the ones that actually KNOW what they are talking about; say that COVID 19 can stay live & active on plastic & metal for up to 3 DAYS, can give it to me. or gramma. thinking bipeds realize that having food or god damn toilet paper is more important right now. NOT going to church for a few TEMPORARY weeks won't kill you ... but the virus could.

DUH.

Given that God himself tells us to do unto others as we would want done unto us, and to love our neighbors as we would love ourselves, it stands to reason that God would not approve of people going to church thereby risking an infection that could jeopardize the lives of their fellow humans.

Not reading through the whole thread but will share a Word to consider. Also will say that by law we have the right to assemble yet that does not mean it is prudent to do so in a church setting.

It is in Matthew Chapter 4. When the Spirit led Jesus into the wilderness to be tempted Satan told Jesus to throw himself down and Jesus responded to him you shall not tempt the Lord your God.

Why give into temptation to the possibility of exposing one's flesh being to a virus that can be and is already known to be deadly. Not that one should not take the government's threat to one's liberties lightly but to have an awareness that the possibility of catching and distributing a deadly virus is there and to wait a few weeks to let it all blow over. There are a lot of things that will need to be done to help take care of one another in the near future and if you get sick or even get another sick unnecessarily you may miss your chance to help another who needs your help.

exactly - this is only temporary. nobody is chaining the doors to houses of worship & throwing away the key

Agreed. Those of my religion obey the laws of the government unless said law is against God's law - sheltering in place is NOT against God's law. (Acts 5:29)

Those of my religion (Jehovah's Witnesses) thus obey the God-given authority of governments as Romans 13:1-5 explains. In my area (SE Louisiana, USA) we are meeting together by means of computer download (Zoom) - we had our mid-week meeting last night - we were able to comment on questions including the spiritual gems in Genesis chapters 24,25 (our assigned Bible reading this week) and see others comment, and hear their talks.

We had our last public meeting a couple of weeks ago, before the local government directed us to shelter in place. Our direction from our governing body (spiritual) was to no longer have public meetings and to stop going door to door (which some of you may realize we normally do).

The Bible teaches the importance of quarantine as well as being considered unclean after touching a dead body - the Bible did not say why - science now knows why.

As per my user name, I am especially interested in scientific research on any subject - and certainly at this time researching how Corona/Covid 19 spreads and how to bolster our immune system since many of us will be exposed to this deadly virus which may be more contagious than the 1918 Spanish Flu epidemic which killed c. 1.5% of the world's population back then. 20 million people died in 4 months in every country on earth except for the tiny island of St. Helena.

While science and medicine has come a long way since 1918, we still do not have a cure for viruses and vaccines take a long time to develop. Millions will die if we do not shelter in place. Those who choose to have public meetings and then go shopping (etc.) will have blood on their hands. Very sad.

pastor hagee
I had to look him up. Jesus, look at the size of his arse, it matches the IMPOTUS's.

920x920.jpg

• Thanks

Agreed. Those of my religion obey the laws of the government unless said law is against God's law - sheltering in place is NOT against God's law. (Acts 5:29)

Those of my religion (Jehovah's Witnesses) thus obey the God-given authority of governments as Romans 13:1-5 explains. In my area (SE Louisiana, USA) we are meeting together by means of computer download (Zoom) - we had our mid-week meeting last night - we were able to comment on questions including the spiritual gems in Genesis chapters 24,25 (our assigned Bible reading this week) and see others comment, and hear their talks.

We had our last public meeting a couple of weeks ago, before the local government directed us to shelter in place. Our direction from our governing body (spiritual) was to no longer have public meetings and to stop going door to door (which some of you may realize we normally do).

The Bible teaches the importance of quarantine as well as being considered unclean after touching a dead body - the Bible did not say why - science now knows why.

As per my user name, I am especially interested in scientific research on any subject - and certainly at this time researching how Corona/Covid 19 spreads and how to bolster our immune system since many of us will be exposed to this deadly virus which may be more contagious than the 1918 Spanish Flu epidemic which killed c. 1.5% of the world's population back then. 20 million people died in 4 months in every country on earth except for the tiny island of St. Helena.

While science and medicine has come a long way since 1918, we still do not have a cure for viruses and vaccines take a long time to develop. Millions will die if we do not shelter in place. Those who choose to have public meetings and then go shopping (etc.) will have blood on their hands. Very sad.

i studied for about a year with JWs ... y'all are very cool people.

• Thanks
Jim Jones told his members to drink the kool aid because it was gods command. I am quite sure our so called practitioners of the lords word would consider that proper to do also.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
Jim Jones told his members to drink the kool aid because it was gods command. I am quite sure our so called practitioners of the lords word would consider that proper to do also.

metaphorically speaking, they have a belly full.

• Thanks

DUH.

Have you eliminated all those food allergens from your diet and also stopped wearing all fragrances of any kind? Otherwise you just continue to be a blatant hypocrite Jackboots Karen

Aren't you the denomination that uses your religious freedom to deny children blood transfusions? Yes, I believe you are. And, children have died. So really before you start sermonizing Christians take a good long look in the mirror thanks

DUH.

Have you eliminated all those food allergens from your diet and also stopped wearing all fragrances of any kind? Otherwise you just continue to be a blatant hypocrite Jackboots Karen

you still didn't answer the factual articles i posted, chicken shit. oh - why not start calling me 'boomer' too - cause that would carry as much weight as 'karen'. :heehee:

Aren't you the denomination that uses your religious freedom to deny children blood transfusions? Yes, I believe you are. And, children have died. So really before you start sermonizing Christians take a good long look in the mirror thanks

haaaaaaaaaaaaaa................... so much for that non judging 'eh suzy Q? again - you give false equivalencies.

DUH.

you still didn't answer the factual articles i posted, chicken shit. oh - why not start calling me 'boomer' too - cause that would carry as much weight as 'karen'. :heehee:

It doesn't matter what factual articles you posted. I have my own factual articles I posted which don't hide your hypocrisy. If the health and wellbeing of others supersede the individual rights of Americans outlined it the Constitution, and this is your stance, then don't be a total hypocrite. Live by it.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaa................... so much for that non judging 'eh suzy Q? again - you give false equivalencies.

Jackboots Karen is fine with cultish religions as long as the Talking Points Spitters tell her they're kinda groovy and okay. JW are somehow okay even though she won't get birthdays or holidays...or blood transfusions. Which is very unscientific but Karen is not one to ask any questions

DUH.

It doesn't matter what factual articles you posted. I have my own factual articles I posted which don't hide your hypocrisy. If the health and wellbeing of others supersede the individual rights of Americans outlined it the Constitution, and this is your stance, then don't be a total hypocrite. Live by it.

lol... no you don't. soooooooooo............. guess that means you have nuthin' to show but yer hurt feelins'.

Forum List

Back