“We Have Become Disfigured”. Christian Fears Trump Years Have Permanently Scarred Evangelicals

Too many conservative “christians“ forget the part about serving two masters...

They have ditched the Sermon on the Mount completely, so what's their point? I figure that Jesus had one chance to address a large crowd and give them his message; no microphone, no video. A one-day seminar, and He even served a "rubber fish" lunch. Yet people quote Paul or Timothy or Revelation: anyone but The Main Man.

BTW: I also wonder what wine Jesus turned the water into. I hope it was better than Manischewitz. Jesus is my sommelier. :D

Trump was never our master...he was the president of the United States....a real president unlike the imposter Finger rapist Joe....and God is not our master either...he is our creator...

Did you ever hear the song that begins with the words, “We are one in the Spirit, we are one in the Lord”? The lyrics are very simple, with the repeated refrain, “And they'll know we are Christians by our love, by our love, Yeah they'll know we are Christians by our love.” Today, we might want to change that refrain to “they'll know we are Christians by our hate, by our hate.” We have become terribly disfigured in recent years, in many ways, the opposite of God’s intent. How on earth did this happen?

If you don’t believe me, visit some of our personal, Bible-affirming, Jesus-believing, social media pages, where we savage each other and attack each other and spread hearsay and even lies about one another with reckless abandon. They are hate-filled pages, pages filled with venom and poison, yet pages that ultimately reflect what is in our own hearts. I ask again: how on earth did this happen?

Trump was never our master...he was the president of the United States....a real president unlike the imposter Finger rapist Joe....and God is not our master either...he is our creator...

Did you ever hear the song that begins with the words, “We are one in the Spirit, we are one in the Lord”? The lyrics are very simple, with the repeated refrain, “And they'll know we are Christians by our love, by our love, Yeah they'll know we are Christians by our love.” Today, we might want to change that refrain to “they'll know we are Christians by our hate, by our hate.” We have become terribly disfigured in recent years, in many ways, the opposite of God’s intent. How on earth did this happen?

If you don’t believe me, visit some of our personal, Bible-affirming, Jesus-believing, social media pages, where we savage each other and attack each other and spread hearsay and even lies about one another with reckless abandon. They are hate-filled pages, pages filled with venom and poison, yet pages that ultimately reflect what is in our own hearts. I ask again: how on earth did this happen?
How did it happen?...the endless constant divide and conquer approach by our nations leaders and the media that covers them....

A conservative Christian has written a lengthy editorial for the Christian Post in which he worries his fellow evangelicals have become too hateful to be effective messengers for God's word.

Seems there are so many drama queens in this nation and they permeate all walks of life, races and religions

Too many Evangelicals believed that the election of Trump meant that Christ's Kingdom was now established on Earth. All their prayers were answered.

These "evangelicals" invented, a long time ago, a form of faux "Christianity" that has no Jesus in it. Jesus might just as well not bothered. No wonder they latched onto trump. They invented a "God" in their beloved image of a straight white guy who is entitled to rule the country and the world by virtue of the accidents of his birth.
So these Christians today are fake. The anti civil rights Christians in the 50s and 60s weren’t real? What about the Christians who murdered all the buffalo and Indians and used slaves to run their corporations down south?

How about all the holy wars and wars between different kinds of Christians in England? When was Christianity real?

These "evangelicals" invented, a long time ago, a form of faux "Christianity" that has no Jesus in it. Jesus might just as well not bothered. No wonder they latched onto trump. They invented a "God" in their beloved image of a straight white guy who is entitled to rule the country and the world by virtue of the accidents of his birth.
So these Christians today are fake. The anti civil rights Christians in the 50s and 60s weren’t real? What about the Christians who murdered all the buffalo and Indians and used slaves to run their corporations down south?

How about all the holy wars and wars between different kinds of Christians in England? When was Christianity real?

I probably did not state my thoughts too clearly. I agree with you. I studied a lot of medieval and early-modern history in college. The history of Christianity in Europe is a mess; the massacre of the Cathars, the Inquisition, the witch hunts, burning people at the stake, torture, throwing women under the bus, or wagon, or chariot, faction warring against faction, everything that was violent and extreme. It's history in the "New World" is no better, as you said. All of these actions reflected a desire to reject the teachings of Jesus, not follow them.

So many people today, many of them "evangelicals," continue the tradition of not attributing any importance to what Jesus said at all, so they are fake like their forbearers. To them, Jesus is just some dude who got nailed to a cross so that people can stick crosses over ever nasty thing they do.

I've tried to figure out what Christianity is, and means, for most of my life, given the above history. I read some books by a Christian theologian, a retired bishop, whom many think is radical. I got up on a snowy Sunday morning to go to a service when he was the visiting celebrant (his first miracle). I told him in the receiving line that he was saving my faith because I thought that most of it was BS. He agreed, but replied that there is something there that is the core truth and it's up to us to find it. The search continues.

When you chose lies of a mere man, over truth...

When you chose to hate your enemy instead of loving them...

When you chose to support vengeance of a mere man, instead of God's vengeance...

When you chose not to love thy neighbor as thyself....

When you chose not to feed the hungry, or take care of the sick, or welcome the stranger, or not have empathy for the imprisoned etc etc..

You chose to walk away from all of Christ's teachings.... you chose to believe in lies, and not the truth....and that means....

You chose to follow the teachings of an anti-Christ.... through your support for him.

When you chose to support vengeance of a mere man, instead of God's vengeance...

When you chose not to feed the hungry, or take care of the sick, or welcome the stranger, or not have empathy for the imprisoned etc etc..

You chose to walk away from all of Christ's teachings.... you chose to believe in lies, and not the truth....and that means....

You chose to follow the teachings of an anti-Christ.... through your support for him.
What a bunch of nonsense....if anyone is aligned with Satan its you my friend...God loves America...a free America...a safe haven from tyrants around the world...and your side wants that changed....your side wants the USA to be just another nation....not the best or the freest just the same misery as other nations....you are walking with evil....and here is your leader...

1614267781593.png

If you think this bitch is righteous and all that is holy you are nuts pal....but you keep following her all the way to hell...

A conservative Christian has written a lengthy editorial for the Christian Post in which he worries his fellow evangelicals have become too hateful to be effective messengers for God's word.

Evangelicals became hateful and poor messengers of ‘god’s’ word long before Trump.
Could you make a more ignorant and bigoted statement?

According to Scofield, he was converted to evangelical Christianity through the testimony of a lawyer acquaintance

"Disfigured" may be putting it mildly. They sold their religion for a cult of personality. Devotion to Dear Leader is an indication that they now approve of hate, violence, and conspiracy theories.

Read the shit your fellow libs have already posted in this thread. And you wonder why they politically ally with your enemy?

Because you hate them.

"Disfigured" may be putting it mildly. They sold their religion for a cult of personality. Devotion to Dear Leader is an indication that they now approve of hate, violence, and conspiracy theories.

Read the shit your fellow libs have already posted in this thread. And you wonder why they politically ally with your enemy?

Because you hate them.

Do you know who Cyrus Scofield was/

What a bunch of nonsense....if anyone is aligned with Satan its you my friend...God loves America...a free America...a safe haven from tyrants around the world...and your side wants that changed....your side wants the USA to be just another nation....not the best or the freest just the same misery as other nations....you are walking with evil....and here is your leader...

View attachment 461515
If you think this bitch is righteous and all that is holy you are nuts pal....but you keep following her all the way to hell...
" Behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the balance: behold, he taketh up the isles as a very little thing. "
Isaiah 40:15

Forum List

Back