We have become cowards

This is why dehumanizing people is a red flag leading straight to genocide, much like the unborn are referred to as a "fetus" and not unborn baby.
How many times do we have to repeat this before some folks start to learn? How can people be so blind at the cost of their own souls?

This is inexcusable. As a father of two daughters I am both angry and ashamed at my fellow Americans. We have become a nation of pussies and wimps.

If I were on that train I would have beaten the living hell out of that rapist.
Yes, this incident is inexcusable. It seems that some people dismiss this as nothing new. But that ignores distributions and tries to define rules by exceptions. The questions are ... is this normal? Was this normal in the past? Or has there been a change? I would argue that this has never been normal but that the distribution may be shifting. In other words, this type of behavior may be increasing.

But whether this behavior is increasing or not, it's certainly not a good look and was never a good look and will never be a good look.

So you think the US has not committed any atrocities? Really?
For everything there is a distribution. So if you look at the distribution, the question is has America been a force for good. I believe that by any objective measure America has been a force for good. If you are looking for perfection, I doubt you will find it.

So you are saying he is lying when he says America has committed numerous atrocities.
I think he is saying that has nothing to do with this incident. And it doesn't. Please tell me you aren't arguing that because America has committed atrocities that this kind of behavior is acceptable.

I think he is saying that has nothing to do with this incident. And it doesn't. Please tell me you aren't arguing that because America has committed atrocities that this kind of behavior is acceptable.
This type of behavior is never acceptable, but I think his point is we keep hearing "this country is going to hell in a hand basket" really? This country was already in hell with the history of what has been done to citizens in the past.

This type of behavior is never acceptable, but I think his point is we keep hearing "this country is going to hell in a hand basket" really? This country was already in hell with the history of what has been done to citizens in the past.
It's pretty common for nations to rise and fall. And there will be logical reasons for why nations rise and fall. So I wouldn't discount that things are getting worse. I also wouldn't discount that things could get better. But what I would say is that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. So if things are getting worse, we will have to do something different to turn it around.

The last bubble to burst will be the standard of living bubble. I think the signs are already there that that's where this country is heading. And if it does, then things will be much much worse in the future.

It's pretty common for nations to rise and fall. And there will be logical reasons for why nations rise and fall. So I wouldn't discount that things are getting worse. I also wouldn't discount that things could get better. But what I would say is that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. So if things are getting worse, we will have to do something different to turn it around.

The last bubble to burst will be the standard of living bubble. I think the signs are already there that that's where this country is heading. And if it does, then things will be much much worse in the future.
I guess it's what your definition of worse is, for black folks I don't think it gets any worse than slavery, Jim Crow, etc.

I guess it's what your definition of worse is, for black folks I don't think it gets any worse than slavery, Jim Crow, etc.
Even as far back as the 18th century, when this nation was founded, there were people who believed slavery was an abomination and actively worked to undermine. So while I don't disagree that slavery, racism, prejudice, bigotry, etc were horrible for blacks, I'm not ready to blame ALL of America for it. In the end it was Americans who fought to end it.

What an absolute sickening story, but am I surprised, sadly no.

The people that live in that community need to take a good long hard look in the mirror.

By the way, the derailing of this thread is also pretty damn sad.

No nation has any moral high ground.

Every government that has ever existed has committed crimes against humanity.
You have a hard eye. And an unbalanced view. You only seem to be focusing on one side of the ledger.

Forum List

Back