We have become a truly irresponsible society! Where has common sense gone?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Harvard Bans Sex Between Students And Profs
The new policy at the Ivy League university bans professors and undergraduates from having any romantic or sexual involvements.

Perfect example of how NOW at the highest level of intellectual development, i.e. professors have to have laws now to keep them from what "common sense" and what parental instructions should have taught.

Do those of you that excuse this as a necessity comprehend that this continual deterioration of personal responsibility and continued growth of dependency on the state to run our lives will eventually be the demise of the human race. With the growing disinclination to be self disciplined people are NOT going to be capable of knowing "right from wrong". By not comprehending "right from wrong" future people will be exactly like this picture!

Screen Shot 2015-02-06 at 8.15.42 AM.png

Another "that damn youth" story from an old assed man.

"Kids these days."

Even socrates was saying it.

"Kids these days."

So we now excuse people in their 30s,40s,i.e. professors as "damn youths"????

It appears that excusing irresponsible behavior age level has increased.
That is the point!
As long as we continue to excuse personal responsibility off on to the state we continue to erode human strength!

"Kids these days."

That is the point!
As long as we continue to excuse personal responsibility off on to the state we continue to erode human strength!
Sad day in America when it is necessary to pass laws telling teachers it is not ok to fuck the kids.

I wouldn't read too much into this. It's probably just a bit of window dressing to assure the parents of would-be co-eds that they won't be seduced by their professors. It also gives the University a means of disciplining faculty who engage in conduct that is LEGAL, but icky.

The new policy at the Ivy League university bans professors and undergraduates from having any romantic or sexual involvements.

Perfect example of how NOW at the highest level of intellectual development, i.e. professors have to have laws now to keep them from what "common sense" and what parental instructions should have taught.

Do those of you that excuse this as a necessity comprehend that this continual deterioration of personal responsibility and continued growth of dependency on the state to run our lives will eventually be the demise of the human race. With the growing disinclination to be self disciplined people are NOT going to be capable of knowing "right from wrong". By not comprehending "right from wrong" future people will be exactly like this picture!

View attachment 36534

If I were a Harvard prof I'd be pretty pissed. I mean, isn't sex with students one of the job's perks? But seriously, while the Nanny State does indeed continue its creep into our lives, this is a case of workplace regulations, not gov't dictates and if common sense were an effective means of regulating public behavior, we wouldn't need any laws at all (but not everyone has common sense).

I wouldn't read too much into this. It's probably just a bit of window dressing to assure the parents of would-be co-eds that they won't be seduced by their professors. It also gives the University a means of disciplining faculty who engage in conduct that is LEGAL, but icky.
More likely it was to assure parents their sons won't be ass-raped by profs peddling good grades for butt-sex.

"Kids these days."

That is the point!
Youre a bit of a fucking drama queen. Laws arent simply to prevent something, theyre to impose a penalty if it occurs.

View attachment 36534
RULES RULES RULES !!! Our lives are dictated by rules. Since when has people become too stupid, too ignorant, and too damn dumb to govern their own personal lives? Why do we have to have rule books in our homes, in our private lives, and instructions on how to live? Is personal choice, personal freedom, and personal preference a thing of the distant past? Are we to become robots, programmed, and guided through life as though we're nothing more than dependent eternal infants?

View attachment 36534
RULES RULES RULES !!! Our lives are dictated by rules. Since when has people become too stupid, too ignorant, and too damn dumb to govern their own personal lives? Why do we have to have rule books in our homes, in our private lives, and instructions on how to live? Is personal choice, personal freedom, and personal preference a thing of the distant past? Are we to become robots, programmed, and guided through life as though we're nothing more than dependent eternal infants?

You understand 100% my point!
There should be only ONE rule that we learn from childhood, constantly in advertising, promoted by EVERYONE!
"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you"!

If most of us followed the above, we would not have thievery. Killings. Envy. We'd have growth. Constructiveness rather then destructiveness!

Laws controlling our lives? How about a few hundred more abortion restrictions, as if women don't know what happens. And humans, especially Americans, don't have common sense so laws are passed instead.

"Kids these days."

That is the point!
Sad day in America when it is necessary to pass laws telling teachers it is not ok to fuck the kids.

Consenting adults have the right to engage in relationships without the being judged by others, especially self righteous and commonly hypocritical self righteous busy bodies.

Laws controlling our lives? How about a few hundred more abortion restrictions, as if women don't know what happens. And humans, especially Americans, don't have common sense so laws are passed instead.
Right. Laws are for most people that don't have common sense or follow this simple law.."do unto others as you would have others do unto you"!

"Kids these days."

That is the point!

Consenting adults have the right to engage in relationships without the being judged by others, especially self righteous and commonly hypocritical self righteous busy bodies.
No question. The problem is "consenting" means understanding consequences. So the professor knocks up coed who dies during an abortion.
This requires our tax dollars to investigate and do what?
WE have to pay for "consenting "adults"???

Right. Laws are for most people that don't have common sense or follow this simple law.."do unto others as you would have others do unto you"!
So, start teaching common sense. Start with people get old and die so don't use excessive technology to keep them alive, money doesn't grow on trees.

Last edited:

"Kids these days."

That is the point!

We have to have a sign in the bathroom to tell employees to wash their hands...
We have to have a warning to let people know hot coffee is well... Hot.
We need a warning on plastic bags...don't wear over head....

"Kids these days."

That is the point!
FYI - 99% of those students are adults, not kids. We have KIDS getting married at 15 and 16 years old. We have KIDS having babies at 14 years old. So, now, we want to tell adults that they can't have sex with anyone they choose? What's wrong with this picture? So, two people over the age of 21 can't have sex while in college?

Forum List

Back