We have an oil glut - will the feds abolish E15 gas? Nope.

Eliminate the mandate entirely.

WHICH ONE OF THE CANDIDATES CAMPAIGNING IN IOWA HAS SUGGESTED TO ABOLISH THE ETHANOL REQUIREMENT?

The Cruz Missile did, apparently he's the only that gets it with regards to the Ethanol Mandate and Subsidies , Rand Paul backed off his fathers NO SUBSIDIES, NO MANDATES stance and made a lame attempt to have it both ways with respect to E15 (Lame Rand, really LAME).

"What is my view on subsidizing ethanol and farmers? Under the constitution, there is no authority to take money from one group of people and give it to another group of people for so called economic benefits. So, no, I don't think we should do that. Besides, bureaucrats and the politicians don't know how to invest money." -- Ron Paul

Uncle Ferd says, "Yeah - he likin' the gas in the lower $2 range...
icon_wink.gif

Oil down 4 percent; U.S. stockpile data feeds glut warning
July 13, 2016 - Oil markets tumbled more than 4 percent on Wednesday, erasing most of the previous session's gain, as a raft of bearish U.S. inventory data heightened concerns about a global glut.
U.S. crude stockpiles fell less than expected last week, distillate inventories rose the most since January and gasoline stocks unexpectedly increased, the Energy Information Administration (EIA) said, painting an unusually weak demand picture during the traditionally busy summer driving season. [EIA/S] The EIA's report pressured prices in a market already bearish after world energy watchdog the International Energy Agency (IEA) warned of a global oil glut, saying surging crude stocks have pushed floating storage to seven-year highs. "A surprising build in gasoline in the peak of U.S. driving season and a very large build in heating oil will set the tone for lower prices as we go forward," said Tariq Zahir, a trader in crude oil spreads at Tyche Capital Advisors in New York. "The products markets will continue to put weakness in the energy complex."

Brent crude settled down $2.21, or 4.6 percent, at $46.26 a barrel. U.S. crude fell $2.05, or 4.4 percent, to close at $44.75. On Tuesday, both Brent and WTI rose nearly 5 percent, their biggest daily gain since April, on shortcovering and technical buying a day after hitting two-month lows. Refined oil products also slumped on Wednesday, stung by the EIA data. U.S. gasoline settled nearly 4 percent lower while heating oil, a proxy for ultra low sulfur diesel, dropped more than 5 percent. The profit margin refiners get for diesel, known as the diesel crack, fell to a two-month low. "(Stocks) are at such elevated levels, especially for products for which demand growth is slackening, that they remain a major dampener on oil prices," the IEA said.

The U.S. government's EIA said crude inventories fell 2.5 million barrels last week, less than a 3 million-barrel drop forecast in a Reuters poll. Distillate stockpiles, which include diesel and heating oil, rose 4.1 million barrels, versus expectations of a 256,000-barrel increase, the EIA data showed. Gasoline stocks rose unexpectedly by 1.2 million barrels, compared with a 432,000-barrel drop forecast. That came during the week of the July 4th holiday, typically the busiest U.S. driving period. "Miles driven this July holiday were expected to be a record high and demand at the pump was expected to reflect that point," said Troy Vincent, analyst at New York-based crude cargo tracker Clipperdata. "It is continuing this trend of crude-glut-turned-gasoline-glut."

Oil down 4 percent; U.S. stockpile data feeds glut warning

Trump is Pro-E15, I might soon be pro Trump if he gets US on E15 Ethanol along with better trade deals.

e15 has never been enforced................never will be

Never should be. Get the corn out of the tanks.

So, we have an oil glut. So why did Trump open up vast new fields for drilling off the Eastern and Gulf of Mexico coasts and in Alaska, which had been off limits due to environmental reasons?

Now, all we need is Palin spinning her slogan, "Drill, baby, Drill!" into meaning something like, "...so we can drain the swamp!".

Last edited:
The USA does not have an oil glut. We burn twice what we produce. Oil price has more than doubled since Trump was elected & few oil rigs have popped up. Ethanol was being produced for $1.25/gal in January & $1.49 today.

Need to get those farmers off the government tit. I'm sick of my tax dollars going to those lazy bastards.

Federal Subsidies for Corn Ethanol and Other Corn-Based Biofuels | Taxpayers for Common Sense

Billions for these grifters. Time for them to pull up their bootstraps and stop taking my tax money. Trash welfare queens.
What about the thousands of other companies that suck harder on the government tit???
What about them? Stop changing the subject, it is about farmers being welfare queens. Milk prices are going down and now dairy farmers are begging for money too. We need to eliminate these entitlements to these leaches of society.

Need to get those farmers off the government tit. I'm sick of my tax dollars going to those lazy bastards.

Federal Subsidies for Corn Ethanol and Other Corn-Based Biofuels | Taxpayers for Common Sense

Billions for these grifters. Time for them to pull up their bootstraps and stop taking my tax money. Trash welfare queens.
What about the thousands of other companies that suck harder on the government tit???
What about them? Stop changing the subject, it is about farmers being welfare queens. Milk prices are going down and now dairy farmers are begging for money too. We need to eliminate these entitlements to these leaches of society.
No! Not until all subsidies are ended. Farmers are the largest US Exporters directly & indirectly employing 11% of the US population.

No! Not until all subsidies are ended. Farmers are the largest US Exporters directly & indirectly employing 11% of the US population.
Fine end them all. Lets go with the free market conservatives preach about. No corn subsidies, no money from NY and CA to them dang red states, and a decrease to them boomers. Those old fux are taking more than they paid in, time for grandma to pull up her denture straps.

Forum List

Back