"We Do Not Censor Books" : New York Public Library Refuses to Cancel Dr. Seuss.

skye

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2012
Good on them! :clap:

"The library, which serves Manhattan, the Bronx, and Staten Island, said it does not censor books and will keep the controversial titles in circulation until they are no longer in suitable shape to lend out, a spokeswoman said.

“As with all public libraries the New York Public Library does not censor books,” library spokeswoman Angela Montefinise said.

1933-2021_Seuss-book-burning.jpg

We read them all to our kids until they could read them for themselves. They were all great and none were racist. My kids loved them and they did not turn into racists either.
And if you tried skipping a single line, they caught it!

I didn't have any of the 6, and neither did my son, but I know Dr. Geisel would not want to offend with his illustrations. He would most likely be fine with stopping publication of the 6. But he deserved to be wished a Happy Birthday on Tuesday, and if anyone calls him a racist, I'll whack her in the mouth with a blue fish.
1614911892925.png

The Dr Suess books were not banned by any outside force. The publishers that own the rights to the books made a decision based on what they felt was hurtful to some people, and decided to stop publishing them.

They gave up their royalties for what they believed. I don't agree with it, but I admire that they did what they thought was right, despite losing money on it.

^^^

So again I say....good on the New York Public Library and all Public Libraries for not going along with the madness.

Last edited:
Fahrenheit 451 is the American's left instruction manual.

First they came for the conservatives on campus, now they're coming for the books.
Who is they? Who forced the Dr Seuss organization to stop publishing more copies of those 6 books?

No one did. As I said, the people who own the rights to the Dr Seuss books decided that a few of the books had issues. Nothing serious, but they decided to stop published them. The made a choice. A choice that cost them money.

Wow...this is just amazing.

Now watch...some liberal book burning Nazis will destroy the Dr Suess books somehow.
Wrong.

This is a lie.

The titles are being unilaterally discontinued by the publisher, having nothing to do with ‘liberals.’

The notion that ‘liberals’ advocate for book burning is also a lie.

You loons are are in the midst of culture cancel and you expect us to believe that?

Fckn dumbass, canceling Dr Seuss? Beyond dumbfckery

Good on them! :clap:

"The library, which serves Manhattan, the Bronx, and Staten Island, said it does not censor books and will keep the controversial titles in circulation until they are no longer in suitable shape to lend out, a spokeswoman said.

“As with all public libraries the New York Public Library does not censor books,” library spokeswoman Angela Montefinise said.

That the publisher decided to discontinue certain titles doesn’t constitute ‘censorship’ – that the library will continue to make the titles available has nothing to do with the publisher’s decision to discontinue the titles.

The New York Public Library is wrong to make reference to ‘censoring’ books.

New Topics

Forum List

Back