We could lose 20% of small businesses.

You don’t have to buy Nikes. In fact if you have such a loyalty to American made products let’s talk about how much research you do before buying.

Very little, I'm a busy man. I shouldn't have to. I should buy an AMERICAN brand and that should be enough.

Unless, of course, these American Brands are out to screw working people.
I won’t be too harsh cuz that’s how all Americans are. They think they want American then go to a store and buy the best deal or the brand image they like regardless where it is produced. You just look for brand not where it’s made. Why would a company pay more to make in the USA if you don’t care? Like I said. It’s the customer not the company.

Chang was not America’s puppet

thats your lib revisionist history misleading you

Uh, yeah, we used to refer to him as "Peanut" and "Cash My Check", that's how little regard we had for him.

but as I said America saved china from Japanese aggression so we have nothing to apologize for

Yeah, let's look at that. We turned a blind eye for nearly a decade as Japan looted and plundered China. Then the Japanese attacked us and we became "Suddenly concerned".
Chang was no more our puppet than stalin was

he was the leader of a country we were allied with just like stalin was

and yes, gen stilwel didnt like chang kai shek, but he didnt get along with claire chennault either

Last edited:
Chang was not America’s puppet

thats your lib revisionist history misleading you

Uh, yeah, we used to refer to him as "Peanut" and "Cash My Check", that's how little regard we had for him.

but as I said America saved china from Japanese aggression so we have nothing to apologize for

Yeah, let's look at that. We turned a blind eye for nearly a decade as Japan looted and plundered China. Then the Japanese attacked us and we became "Suddenly concerned".
We turned a blind eye for nearly a decade as Japan looted and plundered China. Then the Japanese attacked us and we became "Suddenly concerned".

thats just anti American bitterness on your point

You don’t have to buy Nikes. In fact if you have such a loyalty to American made products let’s talk about how much research you do before buying.

Very little, I'm a busy man. I shouldn't have to. I should buy an AMERICAN brand and that should be enough.

I won’t be too harsh cuz that’s how all Americans are. They think they want American then go to a store and buy the best deal or the brand image they like regardless where it is produced. You just look for brand not where it’s made. Why would a company pay more to make in the USA if you don’t care? Like I said. It’s the customer not the company.
Sometimes we need to be guided by national policy rather than letting every individual decide for themselves

International trade policy is one of those times

Sometimes we need to be guided by national policy rather than letting every individual decide for themselves

Your position isn’t well thought through. If you are paying more for your jeans because they are made in the US instead of China you have less money now to go out and eat with or saved up for retirement. Why do you think the US economy is service based now? It’s not a zero sum game.

Your position isn’t well thought through. If you are paying more for your jeans because they are made in the US instead of China you have less money now to go out and eat with or saved up for retirement. Why do you think the US economy is service based now? It’s not a zero sum game.
is the lowest possible price all that matters to you?

if the jeans are made in America the money I spend for those jeans stays in America and everyone benefits

that is more difficult for some people to understand but it matters

if the jeans are made in America the money I spend for those jeans stays in America and everyone benefits

Here you go. $148 jeans made in the USA - pretty typical for here. When these are the only jeans in your closet let me know. I can totally outfit you in USA wear as long as you are willing to pay. What sacrifices are you willing to make to buy USA because it won’t be cheap?

Here you go. $148 jeans made in the USA - pretty typical for here. When these are the only jeans in your closet let me know. I can totally outfit you in USA wear as long as you are willing to pay. What sacrifices are you willing to make to buy USA because it won’t be cheap?

You don't have to spend that much to get made in the USA jeans. For example: Still Made in USA.com - American-made Jeans for the Entire Family!

Not the cheapest you can get, of course, but you don't have to spend $150 a pair, either.

The airline that delivered the groceries to a bunch of Alaskan villages just bit the dust:

Smaller airlines, still flying, will do their best to help but it would take 6 of their planes to deliver the cargo that one of the bankrupt airline's plans carried.

And "activists" want to ban hunting - the "supermarket" from which many of those villagers get their food.

Brilliant.

You don't have to spend that much to get made in the USA jeans. For example: Still Made in USA.com - American-made Jeans for the Entire Family!

Not the cheapest you can get, of course, but you don't have to spend $150 a pair, either.
On average the price is more than double but no you don’t have to spend $150. Dude I was debating was claiming it’s a company’s fault jeans are made outside of USA but as you and I know customers are gonna pay the least they can and they drive where stuff is made.

On average the price is more than double but no you don’t have to spend $150. Dude I was debating was claiming it’s a company’s fault jeans are made outside of USA but as you and I know customers are gonna pay the least they can and they drive where stuff is made.
Consumers want the lowest price that is available

gasoline for instance is much more expensive the europe than the US thanks to government taxes

and yet the public there continues to drive

Consumers want the lowest price that is available

gasoline for instance is much more expensive the europe than the US thanks to government taxes

and yet the public there continues to drive
A better comparison would be if you checked where the oil came out of the ground in order to make the gas you put in your car. Do you make sure it’s from Texas, Alaska, or Saudi Arabia?

No, it's the companies. Those factories just didn't pop up in China one day, those companies spent a lot of money to build them.

I worked for a company in the Late Oughts, Early Teens that had run-down factories they barely invested in Chicago and Cleveland, but they had state of the art facilities in Penang and Shanghai....

No, it's the companies. Those factories just didn't pop up in China one day, those companies spent a lot of money to build them.

I worked for a company in the Late Oughts, Early Teens that had run-down factories they barely invested in Chicago and Cleveland, but they had state of the art facilities in Penang and Shanghai....
You are missing the concept. If people were willing to pay more for US goods there would be a market for US goods. Companies would try and profit off that market opportunity . There is no market for more expensive US goods except in niches so companies don’t produce in the US. That’s as simple as I can make it.

You are missing the concept. If people were willing to pay more for US goods there would be a market for US goods. Companies would try and profit off that market opportunity . There is no market for more expensive US goods except in niches so companies don’t produce in the US. That’s as simple as I can make it.

And you'd still be wrong. Outsourcing was in intentional effort by the Big Corporations to break the industrial middle class. They'd have still done it if they lost money.

And you'd still be wrong. Outsourcing was in intentional effort by the Big Corporations to break the industrial middle class. They'd have still done it if they lost money.
Clearly you’re not an executive for a major corporation. If you were you’d know that youre interest is selling stuff and making money and social class structures is nowhere in the decision set. I assure you.

Well they got donny’s keys
And they pushed through a federal plan now
Seems they forgot about the deficits
Like their campaign stance now
And with their printers blasting
T bills just as fast as they can now

And they'll have fun fun fun
Til donny takes the T-bills away
(Fun fun fun til donny takes the t-bills away)

Well the bankers can’t stand it
Cause everyones gotta hand in their face now
(hand in their face now, hand in their face now)
It makes the last crash seem like a roman chariot race now
(hand in their face now, hand in their face now)
The small biz try and catch it
But they lead ‘em on a wild goose chase now
(a wild goose chase now , a wild goose chase now)

Well we knew all along
That our Fed just prints as fast as they can now
(as fast as they can now, as fast as they can now)
And since they do as they please
Without a thought of our insolvency now
(as fast as they can now, as fast as they can now)

But you can come along and see
All the special interest things that got greased now
(things that got greased now, things that got greased now)

OOooooh Whoooooo Oooohhh WhooooOOOooooOOOOooooooooooo

fun fun....

OOooooh Whoooooo Oooohhh WhooooOOOooooOOOOooooooooooo

fun fun....

~S~w/apologies to the Beach boys

You source is from 2014 which is not up to date

the exact percentage of our dependance varies from drug to drug

but its high enough that when china threatened to withhold drugs from America people took notice

Guy, you don't quote the Washington Times (Owned by the fucking Moonies!) and have credibility.

People can take notice all they want. The big corporations, the only people who really count. the people who OWN Trump, will keep on going to China or other third world countries to make stuff.

DEAL WITH IT. You can sit here and whine about it because Trump tells you to, because heaven forbid you look at this disaster and blame Trump and the Corporations that caused it. But when it's all over, they'll go right back to business as usual.

Amazing how Trump and the Corporations caused this disaster when this disaster has been in the making for decades.

Trump did open the doors to China that was Nixon!

Trump did not sign the first trade deal with China!

As for Covid-19 and it outbreak the fact is the Government of China is the cause of the outbreak and spread and no one else no matter how much you lie and spin about it!

China closing of it manufacturing and tourism caused the markets to crash and the rest is just your spin based on lies.

So let be clear you keep on blaming Trump for everything China is to blame for and I will keep on pointing out facts that prove that you are a liar!

New Topics

Forum List

Back