We could lose 20% of small businesses.

Estimated it will be 10-11% soon. Millions will be out of work.

Time to lift this quarantine BS now.

How will the economy suffer if Covid-19 swamps US medical infrastructure?
s-l640.jpg

Two months now or 4-5 months next Fall?

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

"Emma Boyde MAR 24, 16:46 Nearly 80% of Nike stores in China back in business Alistair Gray in New York

"About four out of five Nike stores are open in greater China, the US sportswear company said today, offering at least some hope that economies brought to a standstill by the pandemic might be able to get back on their feet within months."

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

I suggest that you go first...
Who said I started to hide?

Then keep it up. Don't socially distance, hit the beach and party and stop complaining douche.
Unfortunately I lack the ability to stop the destruction of Western Civilization that is occurring.

For which we have public education to credit.

I wouldn't doubt that for one second. It's about the toughest business there is to survive in. Even in the best of times it has a high failure rate. It takes a real masochist to even want to open a restaurant and the bar business seems to run a close second. And the gubberment just loves screwing with both and making lives miserable for the operators.

Unfortunately, a lot of people will not go to restaurants for the foreseeable future. Expect a lot more business failures

Destruction of Western Civilization? If this nation can't make it thru a short period of self quarantine then something is wrong. Really wrong. Send round 1 of stimulus and round 2 if necessary.
Shutting down the entire economy of the world and hundreds of millions with no income.
Great Depression soup lines are going to appear as a luxury.

Our grandparents are looking down on us from heaven and laughing their arses off.

View attachment 316562
Except in the war everyone was employed.

I'm pretty sure more than a few wished they were unemployed ...

View attachment 316563
Not true. Almost every American knew honor and duty then.

More than 20% of World War II servicemen were drafted. So, more than a few didn't consider it an honor.

Its not Darwin who is killing small business but governors and mayors in deep blue cities and states

Actually, business was way down at these places even before they instituted the closings. Some companies like Starbucks instituted closings before Gov. Pritzker and others ordered them.

So again, we are having a Darwinian event, failed companies are being eliminated and the worthy companies are surviving. This is the argument you guys make whenever we talk about spotted owls or snail darters.

Our grandparents are looking down on us from heaven and laughing their arses off.

Those measures were put into place because there was hoarding.

There was also an active black market at the time. WWII was the best thing that ever happened to Organized Crime, because after the beating it took in the 1930's when prohibition ended, it got a whole new lease on the black market and the government turning a blind eye to its activities.

Its not Darwin who is killing small business but governors and mayors in deep blue cities and states

Actually, business was way down at these places even before they instituted the closings. Some companies like Starbucks instituted closings before Gov. Pritzker and others ordered them.

So again, we are having a Darwinian event, failed companies are being eliminated and the worthy companies are surviving. This is the argument you guys make whenever we talk about spotted owls or snail darters.
Nice try but it does not wash

mayors and county commissioners in democrat controlled districts are issuing the orders to close businesses

yes, they are acting on the information given them by health professionals from international down to the local hospital

but the elected officials at state and local area have the final decision

Let's hope this guy is wrong.

If anything, 20% might be low. This could ruin something close to every independent restaurant in the country. My neighbor is going to lose his business, probably his house, and his life savings...he has about $30,000 worth of bills due and no idea how to pay any of them since his single biggest moneymaker (March Madness) was cancelled, and now he's been shut down for weeks. He's now on the hook for 2,000+ cases of beer he can't sell.

Forum List

Back